'Muhammad' Is Growing Popular in Britain

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
If you name your son Mohammad, it doesn't necessary mean that you are a fundamentalist.

In France, lot of muslim boy or people from immigration have muslim names, they are not at all, for the bog majority, fundamentalist.
It is only the muslim tradition.

Imagine : you're with your family in a muslim country, you're born here. And you give to your son a christian name, like Thomas.
Your neighbors would probably not think that you're a christian fundamentalist.

between the popularity of a name and the popularity if kamikazes there is an ocean.

padisha emperor said:
Imagine : you're with your family in a muslim country, you're born here. And you give to your son a christian name, like Thomas.

between the popularity of a name and the popularity if kamikazes there is an ocean.
so we should be naming our children according to where we live? :poke:

padisha emperor said:
If you name your son Mohammad, it doesn't necessary mean that you are a fundamentalist.

In France, lot of muslim boy or people from immigration have muslim names, they are not at all, for the bog majority, fundamentalist.
It is only the muslim tradition.

OMG!!!! I agree with you PE :eek: Every Muslim boy probably has Mohammad or Ali as part of their name.

No johnney, I didn't mean it.

but they have their own religion and tradition, so they call their son according to their religion.
When I spoke of the fact that you live in a muslim country blabla..., it meant that they - your neighbors - won't critisize you because you call your son according to your christian faith or education. it is a normal thing, you give the name of your choice ;)

So, the fact that Mohammed becomes popular doesn't mean that it is a growing of fundamentalism.

Forum List

Back