French Are "Resenting" America's Leadership On Tsunami Relief

j07950 said:
And how many years do they spend paying it back???

The States not the Federal Government. Most are required by their Constitutions to balance their budgets so the answer would be zero.

This whole no insurance issue is one cobbled together by the Democrats in order for them to take more power from the states and federalize it. For some reason there is never a program until it is a Federal program that they can overtax and inefficiently run with a big bureaucracy.

j07950 said:
Get what you are saying...It's true but 42.6 million people in the US without health insurance is a lot...What is it...like 1/6 of population? Thats a lot of people who can get sick and not get treatments because they don't have health insurance and no money.
http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S. HCweb.pdf
Please, please, please read this carefully.... you have ignored it though it has already been stated several times.....a hospital cannot turn away an individual simply because they have no insurance or no money...

If you continue to ignore what is being said about this I will once again become convinced that you are deliberately ignoring the facts so you can bash the US...

j07950 said:
But like I said nothing like this had ever happened before and could not have been thought of happening. You guys in the US are used to harsh summers...It like rarely goes as high as 100°F in France...it's very rare especially in Paris.

I'm not American, I think I've pointed that out to you before, I'm Canadian.

Also, nothing like the ice storm in Jan 1998 has happened previously (that I can think of off the top of my head) in Ontario or Quebec . Some people were without heat and hydro for 3-4 weeks during in some pretty harsh temperatures. Very few died, and considering the extensive damage, (power lines ect) that's pretty good.

CSM said:
Please, please, please read this carefully.... you have ignored it though it has already been stated several times.....a hospital cannot turn away an individual simply because they have no insurance or no money...

If you continue to ignore what is being said about this I will once again become convinced that you are deliberately ignoring the facts so you can bash the US...

The article clearly states spending PER CAPITA in the second or third paragraph. In case you didn't know J, that means per person.

Said1 said:
I'm not American, I think I've pointed that out to you before, I'm Canadian.

Also, nothing like the ice storm in Jan 1998 has happened previously (that I can think of off the top of my head) in Ontario or Quebec . Some people were without heat and hydro for 3-4 weeks during in some pretty harsh temperatures. Very few died, and considering the extensive damage, (power lines ect) that's pretty good.

You guys did a great job with that one. We sometimes have to move people into shelters from the cold, but not at the level you did then.

dilloduck said:
forever (we also pay for healthcare for millions of illegals)
Thats my point. I quiet like the idea of everyone getting health care in France and not having to pay back for the treatments forever like in the US. We pay amounts in tax each month and this pays for most of our care. And most people also have what is called here "Mutuel", don't know how it's called in the US, which pays for the remaining of the cost if there is one. This mutuel is a fee payed every month and does not increase even if you have an operation that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I was never trying to say your health care wasn't of good quality, only that people who can't afford the costs sometimes don't go get treated because they know they can't pay it back...
So to end this I'm happy our government spends so much on health care... for it's people..instead of other things...

j07950 said:
Thats my point. I quiet like the idea of everyone getting health care in France and not having to pay back for the treatments forever like in the US. We pay amounts in tax each month and this pays for most of our care. And most people also have what is called here "Mutuel", don't know how it's called in the US, which pays for the remaining of the cost if there is one. This mutuel is a fee payed every month and does not increase even if you have an operation that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.
I was never trying to say your health care wasn't of good quality, only that people who can't afford the costs sometimes don't go get treated because they know they can't pay it back...
So to end this I'm happy our government spends so much on health care... for it's people..instead of other things...

And you didn't read my answer. Most states require their government to have a balanced budget, they therefore spend no time "paying it back" as deficit spending is not allowed. Since this is paid for at the State and not the Federal level the answer is none.

j07950 said:
If your health care is free...why do you need a Mutual? I do not understand.

Noody is bashing the US here......

But the US health care system is realy not perfect for the poors.

they have to pay, and some have not the money to pay the medical intervention.

the main difference with France is that in France, the State pay for a large part the medical cares.
The medics are payed by the social security system,then you can be really poor and have the same cares than a rich, the same medic.
The social security pay.
of course, there is a big hole in it budget, but it is the price to pay to have a population who can get the best for the health care.

CSM said:

I got that...but people spend years paying back for the costs...thats a set back and people often don't choose to get treated...

j07950 said:
I got that...but people spend years paying back for the costs...thats a set back and people often don't choose to get treated...
If people are foolish enough to not get treatment --c'est la vie

they can pay it back $1 a month if they like---illegals don't pay back anything!

no1tovote4 said:
You guys did a great job with that one. We sometimes have to move people into shelters from the cold, but not at the level you did then.

I was expecting my daughter around the same time the freezing rain started. On top of being extremely pregnant, we had people staying with us, older people we were keeping an eye on - very pretty scary. I wish I had a scanner, I would post some of the pictures we took of fallen trees, hydro wires and telephone poles (not to mention soliders :) )

j07950 said:
Once again, you are only seeing what you want to....the uninsured and poor pay nothing...get it...NOTHING! No1 has been laying it out for you and you refuse to see it or are deliberately ignoring it...

CSM said:
If your health care is free...why do you need a Mutual? I do not understand.
Because not all costs are payed by the state health care system, you should have come across that if you documented yourself. It mays for most stuff but there is often a difference between cost and what it pays back, which is where the "mutuel" comes in...mutuels don't cost a whole lot anyway. And through cut backs like you were stating before the state reimbourses less than it use to, which is why the mutuel is useful. Most people can afford it and if they cant then there are other solutions...

padisha emperor said:
Noody is bashing the US here......

But the US health care system is realy not perfect for the poors.

they have to pay, and some have not the money to pay the medical intervention.

the main difference with France is that in France, the State pay for a large part the medical cares.
The medics are payed by the social security system,then you can be really poor and have the same cares than a rich, the same medic.
The social security pay.
of course, there is a big hole in it budget, but it is the price to pay to have a population who can get the best for the health care.

Please read this carefully.

They (the poor) do not have to pay for their healthcare. If they are truly poor the State that they are in pays for their healthcare. (Not the Federal Government the State). Social Security is payroll tax and not income tax and is already in a shambles, we should not take a system that is working take it away and create a huge Federal Bureaucracy just to make the French and Democrats happy.

Admittedly it can be improved, but so can almost every government run program in every country, but that doesn't mean we should break what is working because people that have incomplete information regard our system as poor.

j07950 said:
Because not all costs are payed by the state health care system, you should have come across that if you documented yourself. It mays for most stuff but there is often a difference between cost and what it pays back, which is where the "mutuel" comes in...mutuels don't cost a whole lot anyway. And through cut backs like you were stating before the state reimbourses less than it use to, which is why the mutuel is useful. Most people can afford it and if they cant then there are other solutions...
so you pay taxes AND pay for your health care !

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
j07950 said:
You lost me...what do you mean if I "documented" myself? I asked a simple question and you take a cheap jab at me?

How do your poor and unisnured pay for the Mutual? It sounds to me like the French government is in essence paying the basic medical insurance for their citizens and any differences in actual cost and what the government pays is borne by the citizen...

Forum List

Back