Free will or God's sovereign choice?

MikeHoncho

Oct 14, 2009
I think man has the free will to choose anything in his nature but when it comes to salvation, man doesnt have the ability to choose God in it of themself.

I think man has the free will to choose anything in his nature but when it comes to salvation, man doesnt have the ability to choose God in it of themself.

To choose anything in his nature? That does't leave much choice.

isn't that obvious per the expulsion from the OuterWorld - the Garden of Eden.

the choice now is to correct the reason why ... or permanently perish.

isn't that obvious per the expulsion from the OuterWorld - the Garden of Eden.

the choice now is to correct the reason why ... or permanently perish.

the focus of this thread was to look at free will of man and how it relates to salvation. what may be obvious to some, may be view differently by others.

my contention is that all men cant choose God, to be saved, in it of themselves.

having said that i still think man has free will, to choose whichever is in his nature, what he desires.

The political and religious history of this planet suggests that 'God' is an impotent sovereign at best, and more likely absent.

Humans make their own choices in this life and the more powerful they become, the more they tend to focus on next months profits, the rest of the world be damned.

Wealth does not always mean power exercised.

It's the powerful who are fucking the rest of us, not necessarily the wealthy.

The political and religious history of this planet suggests that 'God' is an impotent sovereign at best, and more likely absent.

Humans make their own choices in this life and the more powerful they become, the more they tend to focus on next months profits, the rest of the world be damned.

but this thread is for people who already believe. i dont see how he would be more likely absent according to scripture.

Im focusing more on salvation and how it relates to the free will of man.

New Topics

Forum List

Back