Free Speech Suppressed Everywhere You Turn

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

Francis Menton

Free speech today is under assault from the Left everywhere and all the time. You already know about the federal government’s pervasive Censorship Industrial Complex, pressuring all the big social media companies to suppress what they deem “misinformation” about any subject important to the current dominant political narrative (Covid-19, climate change, etc.). And you already know about ex-President Trump getting indicted by both federal and Georgia prosecutors for saying the same things about the 2020 election that Al Gore said about the 2000 election and Hillary Clinton said about the 2016 election and Stacey Abrams said about the 2018 election.

But how about the Left using its widespread control of social institutions to silence dissent. Today, this is literally everywhere. Here are a couple of notable examples for today — both, as it happens, from outside the U.S.:

Alimonte, et al., paper in European Physical Journal Plus
If you wonder why the climate alarm narrative seems so completely to dominate public discussion (even though it is utter nonsense), then you need to understand that there is an orthodoxy enforcement police operating behind the scenes. Most of the time the operation of this orthodoxy enforcement mechanism is invisible to the general public. Climate skeptics can’t get jobs in academia, and go into other careers; when skeptics write papers, they get rejected, and are never heard from again. But every once in a while something happens to bring aspects of the orthodoxy enforcement mechanism momentarily into the open. That has recently occurred with respect to a paper published in a European scientific journal in early 2022.

Keep reading
All links highlighted

It's not gonna matter if you're left ,right,or center

.....no way out but through

2hhwhshajjaajajajja.jpg

Deplorable Yankee is in no danger from expressing himself publicly anymore than any of us here.

What DY refuses to accept is there no free speech exceptions when planning, committing, and after committing crimes.

Deplorable Yankee is in no danger from expressing himself publicly anymore than any of us here.

What DY refuses to accept is there no free speech exceptions when planning, committing, and after committing crimes.
Ya mean like" my father's in the room and you better wire the fucking money!"
?

Oh no ....wait you just mean thought crimes ...cause you're a fucking tool

Francis Menton

Free speech today is under assault from the Left everywhere and all the time. You already know about the federal government’s pervasive Censorship Industrial Complex, pressuring all the big social media companies to suppress what they deem “misinformation” about any subject important to the current dominant political narrative (Covid-19, climate change, etc.). And you already know about ex-President Trump getting indicted by both federal and Georgia prosecutors for saying the same things about the 2020 election that Al Gore said about the 2000 election and Hillary Clinton said about the 2016 election and Stacey Abrams said about the 2018 election.

But how about the Left using its widespread control of social institutions to silence dissent. Today, this is literally everywhere. Here are a couple of notable examples for today — both, as it happens, from outside the U.S.:

Alimonte, et al., paper in European Physical Journal Plus
If you wonder why the climate alarm narrative seems so completely to dominate public discussion (even though it is utter nonsense), then you need to understand that there is an orthodoxy enforcement police operating behind the scenes. Most of the time the operation of this orthodoxy enforcement mechanism is invisible to the general public. Climate skeptics can’t get jobs in academia, and go into other careers; when skeptics write papers, they get rejected, and are never heard from again. But every once in a while something happens to bring aspects of the orthodoxy enforcement mechanism momentarily into the open. That has recently occurred with respect to a paper published in a European scientific journal in early 2022.

Keep reading
All links highlighted

It's not gonna matter if you're left ,right,or center

.....no way out but through

View attachment 825915
Tell me something new because suppression of free speech has always existed.

There are no free speech exceptions as a criminal defense.
Comrade
That is the correct current truth !
Your cricket ration has been increased by 2 safe & nutritious servings ...rejoice because you've also been moved to the front of the line for the NEW safe and effective covid vaccine..

Do us a favor get the shot

All this is just because your guy lost the election.

I found this on Fox News

Bill Maher agreed and criticized progressives for demanding society cater to their feelings. "If your feelings are hurt, that’s more important than free speech," he argued.

Here is what I am hearing here. Straight White men want to be free to call a black guy a n*#r and a gay guy a f*g.

Conservatives don't like having to accept gays and give them equal rights. Or be told they need to give blacks equal rights. Look how they defend cops when they murder blacks for not obeying lawful commands but Ashlii Babbott wasn't listening either was she?

Howard Stern was right. Woke is the opposite of being asleep.

I found this on Fox News

Bill Maher agreed and criticized progressives for demanding society cater to their feelings. "If your feelings are hurt, that’s more important than free speech," he argued.

Here is what I am hearing here. Straight White men want to be free to call a black guy a n*#r and a gay guy a f*g.

Conservatives don't like having to accept gays and give them equal rights. Or be told they need to give blacks equal rights. Look how they defend cops when they murder blacks for not obeying lawful commands but Ashlii Babbott wasn't listening either was she?

Howard Stern was right. Woke is the opposite of being asleep.

The point is to be able to say "men cannot turn into to women just because they want to" and not be ruined for it.

Dude, when you've lost Bill Maher maybe you should look in the mirror and realize you are the asshole.

The point is to be able to say "men cannot turn into to women just because they want to" and not be ruined for it.

Dude, when you've lost Bill Maher maybe you should look in the mirror and realize you are the asshole.
I think he's falling for it too. This is a non issue. But trannies in the bathroom was a part of how Trump won in 2016 so I guess continue to go with it if it's a social wedge issue that pisses people off.

I am ashamed of Carville and Bill Maher for their recent betrail. Looks like these rich white men aren't really liberals. DINO's.

They fail to realize it's the corporate media shoving this issue in our face. Next it will be the war on Xmas. Does Bill Maher blame us for the war on Xmas? He shouldn't. The media finds one story somewhere in America where one person is doing something weird and we have to defend it?

Usually I agree with Bill Maher's politics but this was uncalled for

Maher was critical of Stern for praising wife Beth Ostrosky Stern.
Maher said Stern incessantly “goes on about how much he loves his wife” despite having had “this other wife before Beth” — and that Stern shouldn’t “gush” about his current spouse while his ex-wife “can still hear it.”

Do you agree with that? Sounds like Bill Maher is jealous.

I think he's falling for it too. This is a non issue. But trannies in the bathroom was a part of how Trump won in 2016 so I guess continue to go with it if it's a social wedge issue that pisses people off.

I am ashamed of Carville and Bill Maher for their recent betrail. Looks like these rich white men aren't really liberals. DINO's.

They fail to realize it's the corporate media shoving this issue in our face. Next it will be the war on Xmas. Does Bill Maher blame us for the war on Xmas? He shouldn't. The media finds one story somewhere in America where one person is doing something weird and we have to defend it?

Something being an issue or not isn't decided by you. You want to sweep this under the rug because you know how retarded it makes your side look.

They are getting bitch slapped by reality, and are still liberal assholes, just not SJW assholes.

The corporate media is on YOUR side on this shit, because your sturmtruppen have been abusing them for about a decade now to get on the DEI program.

Usually I agree with Bill Maher's politics but this was uncalled for

Maher was critical of Stern for praising wife Beth Ostrosky Stern.
Maher said Stern incessantly “goes on about how much he loves his wife” despite having had “this other wife before Beth” — and that Stern shouldn’t “gush” about his current spouse while his ex-wife “can still hear it.”

Do you agree with that? Sounds like Bill Maher is jealous.

I don't have to agree with everything someone says to agree with them on some things. That's the mentality of SJW morons like you.

Something being an issue or not isn't decided by you. You want to sweep this under the rug because you know how retarded it makes your side look.

They are getting bitch slapped by reality, and are still liberal assholes, just not SJW assholes.

The corporate media is on YOUR side on this shit, because your sturmtruppen have been abusing them for about a decade now to get on the DEI program.
Let me give you an example of how you guys insist on controlling the message and if you can't you change the subject. I notice you guys aren't attacking the auto unions anymore. Because it's a fucking election year. I notice you aren't defending or talking about how bad the Ford CEO looked when they asked her how she can justify the raises she gave herself recently while asking workers to take pay cuts.

Literally, she was able to give her a raise because those workers took pay cuts. And you think the make too much now. So don't tell us you want to make America great again for the middle class. Your policies make us poorer.

And your corporations gouge us through inflation. If we try to fix the unfair system we live in, the corporations always fight back. And you've demonized government so much you don't realize that's the solution. Government is the referee. Not your enemy.

The problem with our government is that billionaires like Donald Trump have taken it over.

Let me give you an example of how you guys insist on controlling the message and if you can't you change the subject. I notice you guys aren't attacking the auto unions anymore. Because it's a fucking election year. I notice you aren't defending or talking about how bad the Ford CEO looked when they asked her how she can justify the raises she gave herself recently while asking workers to take pay cuts.

Literally, she was able to give her a raise because those workers took pay cuts. And you think the make too much now. So don't tell us you want to make America great again for the middle class. Your policies make us poorer.

And your corporations gouge us through inflation. If we try to fix the unfair system we live in, the corporations always fight back. And you've demonized government so much you don't realize that's the solution. Government is the referee. Not your enemy.

The problem with our government is that billionaires like Donald Trump have taken it over.

I've always had an issue with public sector unions, not private ones. Private Unions can destroy themselves by being too greedy, while public ones can just keep having the politicans kick the can down the road.

The Ford CEO fucked himself over by going all in with EV's when people really don't want them until you can fill a battery as fast as you can fill a gas tank.

Who's side is concentrating more on DEI than doing their fucking jobs?

Inflation is set by monetary policy, and QE was started by Dems and stupidly continued by Trump.

Most of the Billionaires are on your side socially, so stop pretending to be champion of the masses. Dems are the party of limousine progressives, men wearing dresses, and 40 year old women complaining real men don't want anything to do with them.

I've always had an issue with public sector unions, not private ones. Private Unions can destroy themselves by being too greedy, while public ones can just keep having the politicans kick the can down the road.

The Ford CEO fucked himself over by going all in with EV's when people really don't want them until you can fill a battery as fast as you can fill a gas tank.

Who's side is concentrating more on DEIhan doing their fucking jobs?

Inflation is set by monetary policy, and QE was started by Dems and stupidly continued by Trump.

Most of the Billionaires are on your side socially, so stop pretending to be champion of the masses. Dems are the party of limousine progressives, men wearing dresses, and 40 year old women complaining real men don't want anything to do with them.
I don't care about socially. The Supreme Court sides with those billionaires FISCALLY 100% of the time.

Trump doubled the number of corporations who now pay no federal taxes.

I don't care about socially. The Supreme Court sides with those billionaires FISCALLY 100% of the time.

Trump doubled the number of corporations who now pay no federal taxes.

And people wonder why Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

I thought we were talking about people billionaires, not corporations. having an issue staying on topic?

And that's federal income taxes, i.e. profit taxes, and probably on a bad year. How many have not paid federal income taxes over say 10 years?

Forum List

Back