Free college for all? Or massive debt for all?

Wow. YOU ARE REALLY DUMB.

Didn't bother reading the article that was linked in the OP did ya?

It had nothing to do with my point, so there's that.

Used to be, states subsidized education... not so much now, which is why these kids are in debt.

Anything that government gets involved in, the cost goes up. This is elementary economics. . . . .

It is also why health-care has skyrocketed, and why the defense industry is riddled with waste and corruption. If folks know that they don't have to compete and can charge what ever they want? They will.

Again, when you "Libertarians" go move to Somalia, I will take your hate of government seriously.

The reason why the costs have gone up is because government ISN'T Paying for this anymore.

When your Communist ass moves to Cuba or Venezuela, then you can be taken seriously as well. Put your ass where your mouth is, or STFU.

Last edited:
The costs have been jacked up because the student loan program has become a blank check for colleges... A bottomless pit of debt creation to pay for college is a defacto subsidy...And since the supply of colleges is relatively fixed, the seemingly limitless supply of money will assure that prices escalate.

Not really.

The costs have gone up because the states aren't funding the state universities anymore....

Now, true, when everyone has to get a bachelor's degree to get an entry level job, of course the costs are going to go up.... that's simple supply and demand.
That's the stupidest shit I've read today....And that's counting rderp and paulous...You have to work at it to be this thick.

That's the stupidest shit I've read today....And that's counting rderp and paulous...You have to work at it to be this thick.

Just being realistic. If the state subsidized most of UIC's costs in 1980, but they are getting all those costs through tuition now, tuition will go up.

Here's a chart to help you out.

8-22-17highered_f8.png

Just being realistic. If the state subsidized most of UIC's costs in 1980, but they are getting all those costs through tuition now, tuition will go up.

8-22-17highered_f8.png

You're a commie tard. I could explain to you how letting ineligible people into college and giving them loans and grants is a huge drain on the taxpayer (Now that the government subsidizes student loans) , but you're probably too stupid to understand.

I was just finishing school when the government decided to pick up the tab for student loan defaults.

Oh! It's been downhill ever since.

8-22-17highered_f8.png
No, you're being idiotic....The State throwing more " free" money at colleges will just drive prices even higher, just like the prices of everything else it touches are..Quit embarrassing yourself.

You're a commie tard. I could explain to you how letting ineligible people into college and giving them loans and grants is a huge drain on the taxpayer (Now that the government subsidizes student loans) , but you're probably too stupid to understand.

I was just finishing school when the government decided to pick up the tab for student loan defaults.

Oh! It's been downhill ever since.

You could explain it, but you'd just sound racist and stupid if you did, so better you don't.

again, what we were doing in the 1980's was probably just fine. What we are doing now, not to much.

No, you're being idiotic....The State throwing more " free" money at colleges will just drive prices even higher, just like the prices of everything else it touches are..Quit embarrassing yourself.

Right wing fallacy.

Every other industrialized country subsidizes education, and they do better than we do. Why do you think China and India are eating our lunch right now?

Right wing fallacy.

Every other industrialized country subsidizes education, and they do better than we do. Why do you think China and India are eating our lunch right now?

JoeB131. Electively retarded? :dunno:

Stop masquerading as someone with Down's Syndrome. :102:

It's unfair to the real retards!

The costs have been jacked up because the student loan program has become a blank check for colleges... A bottomless pit of debt creation to pay for college is a defacto subsidy...And since the supply of colleges is relatively fixed, the seemingly limitless supply of money will assure that prices escalate.

Not really.

The costs have gone up because the states aren't funding the state universities anymore....

Now, true, when everyone has to get a bachelor's degree to get an entry level job, of course the costs are going to go up.... that's simple supply and demand.
You just either DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about, or you are intentionally lying.

Which is it?

Even a source on the left tells you, YOU ARE WRONG.

Whose Interests Do College Diversity Officers Serve?
Administrative bloat is driving up the cost of higher education—without doing much to help the most vulnerable students.
Colleges Hire an Increasing Number of Diversity Officers - The Atlantic

You are essentially repeating Paul Krugman's, and Hillary Clinton's lies, and they are known to be just that, BULLSHIT.

"By the way, some people (including Paul Krugman) claim higher tuition is caused by budget cuts. Preston Cooper shared some of his research on this issue in the Wall Street Journal:

A typical student in an American public college pays thousands of dollars more in tuition than just a decade ago. Students and parents are worried and frustrated, and many point the finger at state legislators… Hillary Clinton blamed “state disinvestment” in higher education for soaring tuition and declared her support for “free college.” While the “disinvestment” narrative is simple and appealing, it collapses under scrutiny. …Tuition goes up no matter what state legislators do. Public colleges, with state boundaries insulating them from competition, and generous federal student aid programs at their disposal, charge as much as they can get away with. Changes in state funding are largely irrelevant.. . . . . "

Higher Education Subsidies Are Cleaning Out Students and Enriching Bureaucrats
Government subsidies are a recipe for higher costs and inefficiency, regardless of the product or sector.
Higher Education Subsidies Are Cleaning Out Students and Enriching Bureaucrats | Daniel J. Mitchell

Costs-For-Americans.png

If the government gets involved in it, that cost will go up. It is a pretty hard and fast rule.

Not really.

You just either DO NOT KNOW what you are talking about, or you are intentionally lying.
I'd go with intentionally lying....He does that a lot.

Try to stay on topic. This has nothing to do with "diversity officers".

The costs have gone up because states are cutting direct funds and the burden has shifted to students.

It all started with the Fed backing student loans. Then entry requirements got lowered. Then administration got bloated. Then tuition started to rise..and still is and will until admission standards are raised and Uncle Sugar stops backing student loans. Perhaps a dedicated state comptroller committee for the schools is necessary. Something has to be done. It's not my job to come up with a solution.

It all started with the Fed backing student loans. Then entry requirements got lowered. Then administration got bloated. Then tuition started to rise..and still is and will until admission standards are raised and Uncle Sugar stops backing student loans. Perhaps a dedicated state comptroller committee for the schools is necessary. Something has to be done. It's not my job to come up with a solution.

No, it started with jobs demanding at least a bachelor's degree for even ENTRY level positions. That mean not only did any new kids coming up had to get them, but all the old folks who just got on with their careers had to circle back and get them.

This was followed up by states cutting funding directly to schools and the costs being shifted to students.

Once the colleges realized they could charge just about anything they wanted, and people would still pay, they went on wild spending sprees to make their campuses more like resorts than schools.

Forum List

Back