francis for the win

i think you got it there, votto. conservatives are stuck on "original intent," difficult enough in english.

the pope might be fairly familiar with the bible, probably more than either of us and a megachurch full of televangelists.
The pope fails to explain conservative.
In his shortsighted view, it’s obviously someone who disagrees with his arrogant interpretations of scripture.

Pope Frank has not changed any doctrines within the Church. What he has done is to speak disparagingly or questioningly about doctrines that have been in existence since, essentially, before the Catholic Church came into existence, and American Conservatives don't appreciate his promiscuous language, especially when he never actually says what he hopes "we" will infer.

For example - just one - when asked about homosexuality early in his tenure, he responded, "Who are we to judge?" And for the record, he was not talking about the status of BEING a homosexual, he was talking about the homosexual lifestyle.

So the implication is that while homosexual sodomy has been uniformly and consistently condemned for the entire history of the Church, well......maybe.....we could give it another thought.

Which is what we American Conservative Catholics call, "bullshit." And we don't appreciate such comments coming from the titular head of our Church.

Pope Frank has not changed any doctrines within the Church. What he has done is to speak disparagingly or questioningly about doctrines that have been in existence since, essentially, before the Catholic Church came into existence, and American Conservatives don't appreciate his promiscuous language, especially when he never actually says what he hopes "we" will infer.

For example - just one - when asked about homosexuality early in his tenure, he responded, "Who are we to judge?" And for the record, he was not talking about the status of BEING a homosexual, he was talking about the homosexual lifestyle.

So the implication is that while homosexual sodomy has been uniformly and consistently condemned for the entire history of the Church, well......maybe.....we could give it another thought.

Which is what we American Conservative Catholics call, "bullshit." And we don't appreciate such comments coming from the titular head of our Church.
Amen

So you don't know what it is. I knew that, of course. My question was rhetorical. Thank you for confirming my point and have a nice day.
oh, and thank you for confirming my point, that you spend more time trolling the threads than actually participating. It is your lake of education.

and for the record, I dont answer stupid questions from the trolls,

troll on, bro

have you been there, have you studied it's history, do you know who the most famous marxist in the world is and where he came from,

are you aware of how prevalent marxism and even more so, how prevalent communism is, in south america

go ahead, educate us
i'm pretty sure "the most famous marxist in the world" is karl marx, of what we now call germany.

do you know why "communism" (liberation theology is NOT communism.) is common in latin america?

Forum List

Back