francis for the win

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
the greatest pope since peter nails american "conservatives."

"ROME (AP) — Pope Francis has blasted the “backwardness” of some conservatives in the U.S. Catholic Church, saying they have replaced faith with ideology and that a correct understanding of Catholic doctrine allows for change over time.....

I want to remind these people that backwardness is useless, and they must understand that there’s a correct evolution in the understanding of questions of faith and morals,” that allows for doctrine to progress and consolidate over time."

he is talking about the bishops, i'm sure, but their fallacy, like all conservatives, is attachment to words (call it "original intent") without context or understanding. `

the greatest pope since peter nails american "conservatives."

"ROME (AP) — Pope Francis has blasted the “backwardness” of some conservatives in the U.S. Catholic Church, saying they have replaced faith with ideology and that a correct understanding of Catholic doctrine allows for change over time.....

I want to remind these people that backwardness is useless, and they must understand that there’s a correct evolution in the understanding of questions of faith and morals,” that allows for doctrine to progress and consolidate over time."

he is talking about the bishops, i'm sure, but their fallacy, like all conservatives, is attachment to words (call it "original intent") without context or understanding. `
The Left says that the US Constitution is a living breathing document that is evolving into whatever the hell they want it to say because they are stuck with it..

I think the Pope is saying the same thing about the Bible.

I used to believe a mule couldn't talk.

1693316348026.jpeg

I don't think this is in the right forum. Francis was talking about religious conservatives, who are objecting to the pope's decisions to change the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Not politics, although the pontiff is a hardcore ultraliberal that isn't what he was chatting about here.

The Left says that the US Constitution is a living breathing document that is evolving into whatever the hell they want it to say because they are stuck with it..

i think you got it there, votto. conservatives are stuck on "original intent," difficult enough in english.

the pope might be fairly familiar with the bible, probably more than either of us and a megachurch full of televangelists.

I agree with the Pope somewhat. After all, at one time some popes and saints owned slaves.

Besides the Catholics, back in the 1880s there were anti-toilet pastors who didn't want to have indoor plumbing inside the church based on their reading of Deuteronomy 23:12-14.

Last edited:
I agree with the Pope somewhat. After all, at one time some popes and saints owned slaves.

Besides the Catholics, back in the 1880s there were anti-toilet pastors who didn't want to indoor plumbing inside the church based on their reading of Deuteronomy 23:12-14.
The Catholic church was the first to introduce Jewish Ghettos as well, something the Nazi party also adopted later on.

In fact, the anti-Semitism of the Catholic church caused centuries of Jewish persecution.

The Holocaust was merely a natural climax to it all.

The Bible is a book of fairy tales, so it's certainly subject to interpretation.

Forum List

Back