France hates the new Napoleon film

I watched it last night. Its legitimately bad.

Fun if you like muskets and cannons, but its a terrible, terrible hit piece on the second greatest general in history. Would not recommend.

Watch Waterloo instead. Rof Steiger does a much better old Bonaparte.
What you saw in the theater was a watered down 2.5 hour version of a 4.5 hour movie that will be shown on Apple TV in a couple of months.

Hopefully the problems you had with it was caused by shitty theatrical release editing.

What you saw in the theater was a watered down 2.5 hour version of a 4.5 hour movie that will be shown on Apple TV in a couple of months.

Hopefully the problems you had with it was caused by shitty theatrical release editing.
Waterloo was much much better. Steiger really captures his brilliance and grandioseness. Phoenix makes him look like a bumbler.

After watching a documentary on the French & British navies during the Napoleonic war, I get a kick out if the way the British make such a big deal over the battle of Trafalgar and Lord Nelson, while forgetting about the small unknown British naval force that really saved England from a French invasion. I guess it's because Lord Nelson was royalty.

From what I understand, the main British fleet under Nelson had been dup'd into trying to find the French fleet in the Carribean. Meanwhile the French fleet was heading to the English channel - to take control so the French Army could invade England.

It was just a small armada of British ships that stopped the French fleet. No great big squares in London for them!

Napolean was so mad that he ordered the French Fleet to Trafalgar where they were sitting ducks for the vastly superior British main fleet.

If anything, Lord Admiral Nelson should have been post-humorously demoted for having gotten himself killed for no valid military reason.

But he was Royalty....
I believe he was only made the Lord after many successes. The reason the British Navy wins is because they can fire two or three times as fast as French Spanish Etc. The brits have a huge advantage in having no real need for much of an army with the English Channel. Which by the way they did not build just as we did not build the Atlantic

I believe he was only made the Lord after many successes. The reason the British Navy wins is because they can fire two or three times as fast as French Spanish Etc. The brits have a huge advantage in having no real need for much of an army with the English Channel. Which by the way they did not build just as we did not build the Atlantic

Next, you'll be telling us that the Japanese did not build the Pacific!

Next, you'll be telling us that the Japanese did not build the Pacific!
My point is that I love Americans and I love the Brits my mother is one, but the conservative ones I think can tend to be incredibly obnoxious talking about surrender monkeys and thinking they're better than anyone else. It helps not be invaded every 40 years lol. That is a total disgrace and the reason why the English and Americans are known to be pretty obnoxious. And the Japanese of course for that matter

My point is that I love Americans and I love the Brits my mother is one, but the conservative ones I think can tend to be incredibly obnoxious talking about surrender monkeys and thinking they're better than anyone else. It helps not be invaded every 40 years lol. That is a total disgrace and the reason why the English and Americans are known to be pretty obnoxious. And the Japanese of course for that matter
I speak French but it always seems to be an epiphany when you read anything Pro Napoleon, in this case the guardian article which mentions that Napoleon knew he wouldn't be able to conquer Russia in weeks and it would be difficult, and also that his real problem was 100,000 of his man died of typhus. I never heard that before.

?

Germany is like a boxer dressed in nice, fancy shorts, with Gucci boxing gloves, Valentino Garavani shoes, doing a beautiful dance like Muhammad Ali.... and getting beaten up every time he flies into the arena by a fighter dressed in simple shorts and shoes from a totally unfashionable company. A pathetic blowhard.

Idiot.

Ridley Scott meeting his Waterloo on the screen is not a pretty sight. His Napoleon inspires in the French viewer a festival of emotions in quick succession: sadness to witness such a colossal missed opportunity; excruciating pain to hear such inept dialogue; bewilderment upon realising that Scott doesn’t seem to have bothered to pick up one history book to check, well, historical facts;

$200m ia a lot to blow on a flop. Its a shame. I was looking forward to seeing it.The critique makes it sound like most other hollywood historical epics. Vapid. No doubt it will pick up oscars in proportion to the money spent on it.

And Danny Devito should play Napoleon every time.
'I've seen the promos and I don't think that any film does as well as the 1970s release of Waterloo..

I speak French but it always seems to be an epiphany when you read anything Pro Napoleon, in this case the guardian article which mentions that Napoleon knew he wouldn't be able to conquer Russia in weeks and it would be difficult, and also that his real problem was 100,000 of his man died of typhus. I never heard that before.
More died on the march to Moscow than were lost on the walk back to Poland.

Napolean apparently wasn't much of general if he didn't realize that an army not only marches on its stomach, but on personal hygiene as well.

"Typhus fevers are a group of diseases caused by bacteria that are spread to humans by fleas, lice, and chiggers. Typhus fevers include scrub typhus, murine typhus, and epidemic typhus. Chiggers spread scrub typhus, fleas spread murine typhus, and body lice spread epidemic typhus."

Napolean apparently wasn't much of general if he didn't realize that an army not only marches on its stomach, but on personal hygiene as well.

"Typhus fevers are a group of diseases caused by bacteria that are spread to humans by fleas, lice, and chiggers. Typhus fevers include scrub typhus, murine typhus, and epidemic typhus. Chiggers spread scrub typhus, fleas spread murine typhus, and body lice spread epidemic typhus."
Not in 1812 it wasn't LOL

That wasn't the first army to be devastated by disease. Napolean should have known by that time.

Maybe they should have asked the Russians about saunas before they invaded.
They had no idea where the typhus was coming from or how it was transmitted or anything else. Please.. you were either lucky or unlucky in those days. He was very unlucky on that trip.

A large number of english sailors were foreign conscripts. Americans among them,
They only won at waterloo qith german help..

Forum List

Back