France hates the new Napoleon film

If the goddamn French are butt hurt over this movie they should be an American Vietnam veteran and see how Hollywood got so many things wrong with the way the war was portrayed.
I'm sure you are very grateful for the French for winning the Revolutionary War for us. There were more French soldiers Americans at Yorktown and they were 26 French ships of the line like in the British + that's another 13,000 men or something ridiculous. The God damn French were right and they're still right. The British are super capitalistic masters of perfidious propaganda who don't need an army, and we are the 51st state LOL. That is my problem with the UK and USA- Savage capitalism and terrible inequality and dinginess and doing Healthcare etc etc on the cheap while the rich get away with murder while lying to the bozos who are the biggest imperialist flag waivers OMG LOL

Most of your posts contain many misspellings. You must have been a poor student.
I suspect those are mostly typo’s rather than misspellings

Tommy is an annoying limey who should stay on his side of the pond

But we ought not nitpick his typing

In Vietnam it was a lot more than you think due to the VC and NVA attacks on various support facilities. Many support troops had to man the permeter wire during an attack and they did fire their weapons. Not infantry search and destroy but trigger pulling never the less.

Having spent 30 months over there I would guess the number is more than you quoted. Probably higher than WWII but less than Korea.

My son told me that he didn't think one in ten pulled their triggers during the Iraq invasion, which he participated.

If you were in Vietnam and have a different opinion I would like to hear it.

However, that deflection discussion has nothing to do with the despicable way that the Libtard turds in Hollywood have portrayed the war.
I have absolutely nothing against the soldiers who were in Vietnam but that was a dumb war, we would have had to kill every single Vietnamese. It also divided the country terribly and really brought drugs into the country for the first time. Once again we drove the Vietnamese into the arms of the commies before the War. Also gave us Richard nixon, terrible for the reputation of the presidency.

Dont blame all of America

Its just the perverts in hollywood
There is so much anti French propaganda in the English speaking world it's ridiculous. The fact that the French won the Revolutionary War for America is absolutely unknown LOL the best friend is the one that tells you the truth even when you don't like it.

There is so much anti French propaganda in the English speaking world it's ridiculous. The fact that the French won the Revolutionary War for America is absolutely unknown LOL the best friend is the one that tells you the truth even when you don't like it.

I haven't seen it, but everyone I've talked to that has loved it.

I'm sure you are very grateful for the French for winning the Revolutionary War for us. There were more French soldiers Americans at Yorktown and they were 26 French ships of the line like in the British + that's another 13,000 men or something ridiculous. The God damn French were right and they're still right. The British are super capitalistic masters of perfidious propaganda who don't need an army, and we are the 51st state LOL. That is my problem with the UK and USA- Savage capitalism and terrible inequality and dinginess and doing Healthcare etc etc on the cheap while the rich get away with murder while lying to the bozos who are the biggest imperialist flag waivers OMG LOL
I don't give a shit what you think. It ain't important.

France has turned into a shithole because they let all that trash immigrate in and the US is doing the same thing.

Anybody that looks to Hollywod to learn about history is a fool.

I have absolutely nothing against the soldiers who were in Vietnam but that was a dumb war, we would have had to kill every single Vietnamese. It also divided the country terribly and really brought drugs into the country for the first time. Once again we drove the Vietnamese into the arms of the commies before the War. Also gave us Richard nixon, terrible for the reputation of the presidency.
Richard Nixon withdrew American combat troops from Vietnam and forced the goddamn Communists to agree to the sovereignty of South Vietnam in the Paris Peace Accords. Too bad the filthy ass Democrats, aided by a few weak Republicans gave away the victory with their stupid Case-Church budget amendment.

Nixon was a very popular President when he ran for reelection in 1972 and he won by a tremendous landslide because Americans loved the great job he was doing. That Watergate mess was absolutely nothing compared to the corruption we have seen from Slick Willy, Crooked Hillary, Queer Barry and Mr. Potatohead.

I don't give a shit what you think. It ain't important.

France has turned into a shithole because they let all that trash immigrate in and the US is doing the same thing.

Anybody that looks to Hollywod to learn about history is a fool.

Have you been to France?

Richard Nixon withdrew American combat troops from Vietnam and forced the goddamn Communists to agree to the sovereignty of South Vietnam in the Paris Peace Accords. Too bad the filthy ass Democrats, aided by a few weak Republicans gave away the victory with their stupid Case-Church budget amendment.

Nixon was a very popular President when he ran for reelection in 1972 and he won by a tremendous landslide because Americans loved the great job he was doing. That Watergate mess was absolutely nothing compared to the corruption we have seen from Slick Willy, Crooked Hillary, Queer Barry and Mr. Potatohead.
It was totally obvious North Vietnam won the war by that time. The South Vietnamese folded like a bad.. Nixon's secret plan was to bomb the hell out of North Vietnam and it didn't do any good. Nixon ruined the reputation of the presidency d u h h

What gets me is many Americans still don't understand what the Vietnam was was about.

What gets me is many Americans still don't understand what the Vietnam was was about.
I understand very well. I was there from November 1967 to April 1970.

I understand that the mission was to assure the sovereignty of South Vietnam from the Soviet and Red Chinese back Communist government of North Vietnam. Typical mindset during the Cold War. That objective was achieved when the Commies signed the Paris Peace Accords. Too bad our idiot politicians blew it.

I also understand how shitty our leaders were to conduct a land war 8K miles away on the enemy's turf when most of the population didn't give a shit which side prevailed if they would be left alone. I had friends die over there because of that military stupidity.

Since we were already eating that shit sandwich and couldn't just walk away Nixon did the right thing by withdrawing American combat troops and bombing the hell out of the North until they gave up and signed the Accord.

However, none of this has anything to do with the Napoleon movie not being historical accurate, which is what this tread is suppose to be about, so this is my last comment.

I understand very well. I was there from November 1967 to April 1970.

I understand that the mission was to assure the sovereignty of South Vietnam from the Soviet and Red Chinese back Communist government of North Vietnam. Typical mindset during the Cold War. That objective was achieved when the Commies signed the Paris Peace Accords. Too bad our idiot politicians blew it.

I also understand how shitty our leaders were to conduct a land war 8K miles away on the enemy's turf when most of the population didn't give a shit which side prevailed if they would be left alone. I had friends die over there because of that military stupidity.

Since we were already eating that shit sandwich and couldn't just walk away Nixon did the right thing by withdrawing American combat troops and bombing the hell out of the North until they gave up and signed the Accord.

However, none of this has anything to do with the Napoleon movie not being historical accurate, which is what this tread is suppose to be about, so this is my last comment.
Well you were missguided, you would have been very young so up to a point could be excused, but now there is no excuse for supporting that criminal war,South Vietnam was not a seperate Country it was a gangster state backed by America, after the French Colonialists were smashed at Dien Bien Phu that should have taught the Americans something but it didn't, by the way the NVA General who smashed the French defeated the Americans and their South Puppets, General Giap, the driving force behind the North Vietnamese and the NLF what you called the Vietcong in the South was not communism but Vietnamese National liberation, and that is just what they did.

Forum List

Back