FOX "Newsification" of Trump and the new Republican Party

The dossiers were leaked to the media BEFORE the election, Seawytch! Right before...so that Trump would have as little time as possible to refute what was being said. Are you really that ignorant about the time line on this or have you decided to just lie like Crepitus?

Tell us, Oldstyle, when was the Dossier published in the media? Go look since you won’t believe me.

Yahoo news first broke the story in September. It was further reported on by Mother Jones in October. The election was in November. Duh?

I'm sorry, Yahoo and MJ broke what news? How about you give us that Yahoo and MJ link regarding the Steele dossier prior to Buzzfeed publishing it in January of 2017.

Yahoo News and Mother Jones broke the story about Steele's "dossiers"! Steele had been pedaling those stories all Fall but couldn't get anyone to go with the story until that point because nobody could verify it's veracity! He'd also contacted the FBI...telling THEM that the Russians had material on Trump to black mail him! He also contacted Harry Reid and John McCain getting them to demand that the FBI investigate and (most importantly!!!) inform the public that they were investigating Trump! Doing all of those things is what Steele got paid the big bucks for...not to compile "opposition research"! He was paid that money to smear Trump and make sure it went public BEFORE the election!

Do you not know how to provide links?

The public wasn't informed that the Trump campaign was under FBI investigation until after the election. The Steele Dossier was not released to the public until after the election.

Mother Jones published their article October 16th. Headlines for the 16th...

10 things you need to know today: October 16, 2016

The 17th...

10 things you need to know today: October 17, 2016

18th...

10 things you need to know today: October 18, 2016

Nothin'

And still not one thing in the dossier has been debunked while much has been verified.

I gave you the link to the Mother Jones story. You can't admit you've been lying about when the story broke...which was in October BEFORE the election! The more I deal with you...the less respect I have for you.

Tell us, Oldstyle, when was the Dossier published in the media? Go look since you won’t believe me.

Yahoo news first broke the story in September. It was further reported on by Mother Jones in October. The election was in November. Duh?

I'm sorry, Yahoo and MJ broke what news? How about you give us that Yahoo and MJ link regarding the Steele dossier prior to Buzzfeed publishing it in January of 2017.

Yahoo News and Mother Jones broke the story about Steele's "dossiers"! Steele had been pedaling those stories all Fall but couldn't get anyone to go with the story until that point because nobody could verify it's veracity! He'd also contacted the FBI...telling THEM that the Russians had material on Trump to black mail him! He also contacted Harry Reid and John McCain getting them to demand that the FBI investigate and (most importantly!!!) inform the public that they were investigating Trump! Doing all of those things is what Steele got paid the big bucks for...not to compile "opposition research"! He was paid that money to smear Trump and make sure it went public BEFORE the election!

The public wasn't informed that the Trump campaign was under FBI investigation until after the election. The Steele Dossier was not released to the public until after the election.

The 17th...

18th...

Nothin'

And still not one thing in the dossier has been debunked while much has been verified.

I gave you the link to the Mother Jones story. You can't admit you've been lying about when the story broke...which was in October BEFORE the election! The more I deal with you...the less respect I have for you.

Well he loves to beat that dead horse.

The 17th...

18th...

Nothin'

No, I did not. I said that the American people did not find out the contents of the Dossier until after the election. If Hillary or Steele or any of the other “deep state” actors had wanted to shovel “dirt”, the Dossier would have been published before the election, not alluded to in a magazine only former potheads read. (and that’s not an insult to their journalism which is excellent)

If this fairytale “deep state” was out to get Trump, why would the American people be informed by the FBI of a reopened investigation into Clinton, but not informed of an ongoing counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign.

Steele saw things during his investigation that alarmed him. He told people. He’s a patriot, not some sinister “deep state” actor out to “get Trump”.

What does any of that have to do with the veracity of the Steele Dossier? The Dossier that has had many parts verified and none debunked? We SHOULD have been informed of its content BEFORE the election.

The 17th...

18th...

Nothin'

Well he loves to beat that dead horse.

No, SHE loves pointing out that every time one of you says “fake” Dossier, you’re lying.

We seem to have slipped away from the question, is fox news fact based or just political opinion ?

For years, the GOP courted the crazies that would watch/listen to Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity for their "news". As entertainers, they provide a product that is marketed directly at a group of conspiracy nutcases that typically believe in things that are NOT true (or even able to be proven). For years, actual Republicans accepted their votes...as they kept them at arm's length. However, things have changed.......those same crazies have now infiltrated our government and are making policies based on those whack job conspiracy theories spewed by a group of entertainers.

They've gotten so used to making up their own "news" that they've now look at REAL NUMBERS, expert opinion, written evidence as somehow a product of "fake news"....and that their opinion (that is based on their opinion) is the only thing that is correct? This is their safe zone they have to operate within, because if they actually start debating based on facts and evidence, they may lose the narrative and actually have to accept they're wrong.

So, simple fix: demonize facts and evidence, call all real news media "fake news", and simply repeat a lie so many times until it is accepted as "fact". This, of course, only works if you have a group of willing participants who are ignorant enough to buy it....sadly for this country, it has proven wildly successful for the GOP in the short term.

Real Republicans and Conservatives (who have some actual good ideas) have completely lost control of the new Republican Party and the tail is starting to wag the dog. Their party now is actually starting to accept wild conspiracy theories like the ENTIRE FBI and CIA (including all Republicans and Independents within each) are involved in a massive conspiracy to cover up for Hillary Clinton????? THAT is somehow more believable than the fact that the FBI simply didn't have enough evidence about Hillary Clinton to charge her with anything.

It's beyond preposterous....however, THAT is now what is in the Republican mainstream. They are no more than entertainers targeting a market of willing fools. I have to hand it to them....proving to be marginally effective politics, however, it is God awful if you care about the country.
Is your Foxitis terminal?

The 17th...

18th...

Nothin'

No, I did not. I said that the American people did not find out the contents of the Dossier until after the election. If Hillary or Steele or any of the other “deep state” actors had wanted to shovel “dirt”, the Dossier would have been published before the election, not alluded to in a magazine only former potheads read. (and that’s not an insult to their journalism which is excellent)

If this fairytale “deep state” was out to get Trump, why would the American people be informed by the FBI of a reopened investigation into Clinton, but not informed of an ongoing counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign.

Steele saw things during his investigation that alarmed him. He told people. He’s a patriot, not some sinister “deep state” actor out to “get Trump”.

What does any of that have to do with the veracity of the Steele Dossier? The Dossier that has had many parts verified and none debunked? We SHOULD have been informed of its content BEFORE the election.

"I'm sorry, Yahoo and MJ broke what news? How about you give us that Yahoo and MJ link regarding the Steele dossier prior to Buzzfeed publishing it in January of 2017."

That was you claiming that the Steele dossiers weren't published until January of 2017 in Buzzfeed and then going on to say that you found no article in Mother Jones in October about the dossiers and demanding a link to the story. Funny thing, Wytch...I had no problem finding the Mother Jones article at all. So when I post the link what do you do? You claim that the public didn't know about it because it was in an article only read by pot heads? That's a crock as well because while Mother Jones might have been the first media outlet to go with a story that wasn't verified (which shows a SERIOUS lack of journalistic integrity on their part!) dozens of other media outlets immediately reported on the Mother Jones story! Would you like me to provide links to those as well?

As for Steele being a "patriot"? He took money from both sides of the political aisle to compile a series of "dossiers" that contained some facts and numerous things that he simply made up and then leaked them to the media prior to the election. That isn't patriotic...that's the epitome of a "gun for hire"!

All one has to do is examine the way that the dossiers were put out to understand what the goal was...the Clinton campaign was paying for a Trump "scandal" to counteract her own email scandal and they wanted it to hit right before the election. Steele started by personally leaking the dossiers to The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, The New Yorker and Yahoo News but couldn't get them to go with the story because they couldn't verify it. That was when Steele went to the FBI with his claims about Trump. That also didn't get the results that the Clinton camp was looking for so Steele then leaked the dossiers to Harry Reid...who immediately wrote a letter to James Comey DEMANDING that he open an investigation into Russian collusion and make the investigation public! The FBI started looking into the charges but wouldn't go public with them so Steele then went to John McCain with the dossiers...who also demanded that Comey go public with the charges made in the dossier. Bringing in McCain was a stroke of genius because although it was widely known at that point that McCain LOATHED Trump he was a prominent Republican and if HE were demanding an investigation as well as Reid then it could be portrayed as a bi-partisan effort not something driven by Democrats. The Clinton camp essentially used McCain. Finally Steele found his "sucker" a journalist named David Corn at Mother Jones who wrote the article that finally made all of this public. At that point the other liberal media outlets that had balked at running an unverified story that was so inflammatory were free to run with the story that Mother Jones had gone with.

Last edited:

The 17th...

18th...

Nothin'

"I'm sorry, Yahoo and MJ broke what news? How about you give us that Yahoo and MJ link regarding the Steele dossier prior to Buzzfeed publishing it in January of 2017."

That was you claiming that the Steele dossiers weren't published until January of 2017 in Buzzfeed and then going on to say that you found no article in Mother Jones in October about the dossiers and demanding a link to the story. Funny thing, Wytch...I had no problem finding the Mother Jones article at all. So when I post the link what do you do? You claim that the public didn't know about it because it was in an article only read by pot heads? That's a crock as well because while Mother Jones might have been the first media outlet to go with a story that wasn't verified (which shows a SERIOUS lack of journalistic integrity on their part!) dozens of other media outlets immediately reported on the Mother Jones story! Would you like me to provide links to those as well?

As for Steele being a "patriot"? He took money from both sides of the political aisle to compile a series of "dossiers" that contained some facts and numerous things that he simply made up and then leaked them to the media prior to the election. That isn't patriotic...that's the epitome of a "gun for hire"!

And I was correct. The Dossier wasn't released to the public by Buzzfeed until January.

Where is your proof that Steele made anything up? And yes, he is a patriot. He saw evidence of wrongdoing and turned it over to the proper authorities. That is to be lauded.

Yes, I want links to prominent news stories about the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign prior to the election. I provided all the top news stories following the MJ piece...none of them were about the FBI counterintelligence investigation that was going on, but the FBI never told us about it like they did with Hillary.

All one has to do is examine the way that the dossiers were put out to understand what the goal was...the Clinton campaign was paying for a Trump "scandal" to counteract her own email scandal and they wanted it to hit right before the election. Steele started by personally leaking the dossiers to The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, The New Yorker and Yahoo News but couldn't get them to go with the story because they couldn't verify it. That was when Steele went to the FBI with his claims about Trump. That also didn't get the results that the Clinton camp was looking for so Steele then leaked the dossiers to Harry Reid...who immediately wrote a letter to James Comey DEMANDING that he open an investigation into Russian collusion and make the investigation public! The FBI started looking into the charges but wouldn't go public with them so Steele then went to John McCain with the dossiers...who also demanded that Comey go public with the charges made in the dossier. Bringing in McCain was a stroke of genius because although it was widely known at that point that McCain LOATHED Trump he was a prominent Republican and if HE were demanding an investigation as well as Reid then it could be portrayed as a bi-partisan effort not something driven by Democrats. The Clinton camp essentially used McCain. Finally Steele found his "sucker" a journalist named David Corn at Mother Jones who wrote the article that finally made all of this public. At that point the other liberal media outlets that had balked at running an unverified story that was so inflammatory were free to run with the story that Mother Jones had gone with.

The Steele dossier was not the reason for the FBI investigation or the Special Counsel investigation so what point are you trying to make about the partially verified and not at all fake or discredited dossier?

The Steele dossier was not the reason for the FBI investigation or the Special Counsel investigation so what point are you trying to make about the partially verified and not at all fake or discredited dossier?

Steele's job was pretty straight forward. He was paid to create a bunch of "dossiers" in which he accused the Trump campaign of collusion with Russia by embellishing facts with things that were total fiction! Then those dossiers had to go public before the election which is why Steele contacted the 5 media outlets they felt would love to have a negative story on Trump. They wanted the Steele dossier story to go public because Hillary needed a diversion from her email scandal and the scandal over how her minions at the DNC screwed over Bernie Sanders. Amazingly...none of the 5 would run the unsubstantiated charges that made up the dossiers. Steele then went to the FBI telling them that the Russians were in possession of things they could blackmail a major candidate for President with. The FBI began to look into what Steele was alleging but AGAIN they weren't making that investigation public which is what the Clinton camp desperately needed to happen!
The answer? Give the dossiers to Harry Reid who then DEMANDS that James Comey make it public that Trump is being investigated! Again Comey declines and so Steele goes to John McCain with copies of the dossiers and gets McCain to DEMAND that the FBI go public that they are investigating the Trump campaign for collusion. So you've got Steele peddling his dossiers all over Washington trying desperately to get someone to go public with the story and then lo and behold David Corn with Mother Jones decides to publish the story even though the information contained in the dossiers has not been verified.

Richard Steele was almost completely the reason for the FBI investigation and the subsequent naming of a Special Council. Without his work behind the scenes pushing the narrative the story would have died on the vine because the allegations in the dossiers were by and large totally unsubstantiated. Steele didn't CARE however if the dossiers were later found to be full of holes so large you could drive a Mack truck through them...the only thing he (and the Clinton camp!) were after was for the story to go public so that Trump would be smeared right before the election!

Steele's job was pretty straight forward. He was paid to create a bunch of "dossiers" in which he accused the Trump campaign of collusion with Russia by embellishing facts with things that were total fiction! Then those dossiers had to go public before the election which is why Steele contacted the 5 media outlets they felt would love to have a negative story on Trump. They wanted the Steele dossier story to go public because Hillary needed a diversion from her email scandal and the scandal over how her minions at the DNC screwed over Bernie Sanders. Amazingly...none of the 5 would run the unsubstantiated charges that made up the dossiers. Steele then went to the FBI telling them that the Russians were in possession of things they could blackmail a major candidate for President with. The FBI began to look into what Steele was alleging but AGAIN they weren't making that investigation public which is what the Clinton camp desperately needed to happen!
The answer? Give the dossiers to Harry Reid who then DEMANDS that James Comey make it public that Trump is being investigated! Again Comey declines and so Steele goes to John McCain with copies of the dossiers and gets McCain to DEMAND that the FBI go public that they are investigating the Trump campaign for collusion. So you've got Steele peddling his dossiers all over Washington trying desperately to get someone to go public with the story and then lo and behold David Corn with Mother Jones decides to publish the story even though the information contained in the dossiers has not been verified.

Richard Steele was almost completely the reason for the FBI investigation and the subsequent naming of a Special Council. Without his work behind the scenes pushing the narrative the story would have died on the vine because the allegations in the dossiers were by and large totally unsubstantiated. Steele didn't CARE however if the dossiers were later found to be full of holes so large you could drive a Mack truck through them...the only thing he (and the Clinton camp!) were after was for the story to go public so that Trump would be smeared right before the election!

Well that way too long rant perfectly encapsulates the title of this thread. You are Fox News fact free and you don't care.

I think you're in for a few earth shattering shocks in the coming months...

Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

Well that way too long rant perfectly encapsulates the title of this thread. You are Fox News fact free and you don't care.

You'll have to explain how this works to me, Wytch! It's OK for Hillary Clinton to PAY big money to have foreign players concoct a series of "dossiers" to smear Trump but it's NOT OK for Trump to simply meet with someone who claims to have dirt on Clinton? I've never understood the liberal OUTRAGE over this! I mean seriously...how do you rationalize that?

Was my "rant" too long because it had to explain all of the work that the Clinton campaign did to smear Trump before the election? I'm so sorry! The next time I need to expose that level of corruption and sleaziness I'll try to give you the condensed version! (eye roll)

You'll have to explain how this works to me, Wytch! It's OK for Hillary Clinton to PAY big money to have foreign players concoct a series of "dossiers" to smear Trump but it's NOT OK for Trump to simply meet with someone who claims to have dirt on Clinton? I've never understood the liberal OUTRAGE over this! I mean seriously...how do you rationalize that?

Your misunderstanding of laws isn't my problem. I'm sorry you can't see the difference between legally hiring a company to dig up opposition research on a candidate and conspiring with an adversarial country to steal documents and weaponize them.

Was my "rant" too long because it had to explain all of the work that the Clinton campaign did to smear Trump before the election? I'm so sorry! The next time I need to expose that level of corruption and sleaziness I'll try to give you the condensed version! (eye roll)
Isn't it weird that the Clinton campaign never used the dirt?

Not as weird as the FBI having to inform us about Hillary's emails found on a laptop but not inform us that the Trump campaign was under counterintelligence investigation...

Your misunderstanding of laws isn't my problem. I'm sorry you can't see the difference between legally hiring a company to dig up opposition research on a candidate and conspiring with an adversarial country to steal documents and weaponize them.

So scheduling a meeting with a lawyer who's from Russia and says she has dirt on Clinton is conspiring with an "adversarial country to steal documents and weaponize them"? How exactly did you make that leap of logic?

I'm amused by your continuing attempts to characterize what the Clinton campaign did as "opposition research", Seawytch! They paid to have Trump smeared before the election. They hid how they financed that smear job behind a law firm that they used as a "cut out" to keep their involvement secret. Now why would anyone feel the need to do THAT if what they were doing was on the up and up?

Last edited:
Isn't it weird that the Clinton campaign never used the dirt?

Not as weird as the FBI having to inform us about Hillary's emails found on a laptop but not inform us that the Trump campaign was under counterintelligence investigation...

You really can't seem to grasp what took place...can you, Seawytch! The Clinton campaign paid for MADE UP "dirt" about Donald Trump to smear him before the election. The Obama Administration used that MADE UP "dirt" about Donald Trump's campaign to get FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. Trump's political opposition used that MADE UP "dirt" as the basis for appointing a Special Counsel to investigate a duly elected President of the United States!

As for Hillary's emails found on Weiner's lap top? We would have found out about THOSE weeks earlier except Strozak was sitting on them at the FBI while he pushed for an investigation into Russian collusion. The reason we weren't informed about the FBI's counterintelligence investigation is that saner heads at the FBI were trying to discover if what they were investigating was real or whether it was a hoax perpetrated by those looking to derail the Trump campaign! Guess what? That concern by some at the FBI turned out to be spot on because it WAS a hoax perpetrated by the Clinton campaign!

The only way a republican can become Potus, is by lying and making up lies. They did it will Clinton, and did it with Gore , who by the way the cheating going on in Florida was fact, and they did it to Kerrry, none of the stores about swift boat were true, and they tried to do it to Obama. The only way Trump was with the Russian help and remember none of the Republicans backed him till he became the nominee, save a few like Sessions.

I can sit and listen to Rush (for an hour, it hurts by the way) and he says nothing , not a darn thing.

You're nutz.

So scheduling a meeting with a lawyer who's from Russia and says she has dirt on Clinton is conspiring with an "adversarial country to steal documents and weaponize them"? How exactly did you make that leap of logic?

I'm amused by your continuing attempts to characterize what the Clinton campaign did as "opposition research", Seawytch! They paid to have Trump smeared before the election. They hid how they financed that smear job behind a law firm that they used as a "cut out" to keep their involvement secret. Now why would anyone feel the need to do THAT if what they were doing was on the up and up?

No they didn’t. The took over opposition research started by a Republican. They paid money in a legal transaction and listed that as a campaign expenditure. All perfectly legal. What Crooked Donnie Jr did was illegal. Trump knowing in advance and approving it, makes him an accomplice in a crime.

Forum List

Back