FOX "Newsification" of Trump and the new Republican Party

Frank the Tank

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2017
For years, the GOP courted the crazies that would watch/listen to Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity for their "news". As entertainers, they provide a product that is marketed directly at a group of conspiracy nutcases that typically believe in things that are NOT true (or even able to be proven). For years, actual Republicans accepted their votes...as they kept them at arm's length. However, things have changed.......those same crazies have now infiltrated our government and are making policies based on those whack job conspiracy theories spewed by a group of entertainers.

They've gotten so used to making up their own "news" that they've now look at REAL NUMBERS, expert opinion, written evidence as somehow a product of "fake news"....and that their opinion (that is based on their opinion) is the only thing that is correct? This is their safe zone they have to operate within, because if they actually start debating based on facts and evidence, they may lose the narrative and actually have to accept they're wrong.

So, simple fix: demonize facts and evidence, call all real news media "fake news", and simply repeat a lie so many times until it is accepted as "fact". This, of course, only works if you have a group of willing participants who are ignorant enough to buy it....sadly for this country, it has proven wildly successful for the GOP in the short term.

Real Republicans and Conservatives (who have some actual good ideas) have completely lost control of the new Republican Party and the tail is starting to wag the dog. Their party now is actually starting to accept wild conspiracy theories like the ENTIRE FBI and CIA (including all Republicans and Independents within each) are involved in a massive conspiracy to cover up for Hillary Clinton????? THAT is somehow more believable than the fact that the FBI simply didn't have enough evidence about Hillary Clinton to charge her with anything.

It's beyond preposterous....however, THAT is now what is in the Republican mainstream. They are no more than entertainers targeting a market of willing fools. I have to hand it to them....proving to be marginally effective politics, however, it is God awful if you care about the country.

Last edited:
....They've gotten so used to making up their own "news" that they've now look at REAL NUMBERS, expert opinion, written evidence as somehow a product of "fake news"....and that their opinion (that is based on their opinion) is the only thing that is correct? This is their safe zone they have to operate within, because if they actually start debating based on facts and evidence, they may lose the narrative and actually have to accept they're wrong....

I know you muricans don't do irony but still.....

1d6n8z.jpg

:coffee:

....They've gotten so used to making up their own "news" that they've now look at REAL NUMBERS, expert opinion, written evidence as somehow a product of "fake news"....and that their opinion (that is based on their opinion) is the only thing that is correct? This is their safe zone they have to operate within, because if they actually start debating based on facts and evidence, they may lose the narrative and actually have to accept they're wrong....

I know you muricans don't do irony but still.....

1d6n8z.jpg

:coffee:

Don't think you understand what 'irony' is?
Trump acknowledges Russia role in U.S. election hacking: aide

President Trump Just Acknowledged Russian Meddling in the 2016 Election

Even your fearful 'leader' admits Russia has/is meddling in our elections. Of course, along with every intelligence agency in America.

The fact you've had to use this same meme in countless "discussions" we've had about various political topics is again, evidence that your playbook is unbelievably thin.

Last edited:
It does appear that the Right has taken things too far, and it reminds me of something Reagan once said.

There were many in the party who took his "government is the problem" comment absolutely literally and as gospel, and are desperate to attack almost any government as "the problem". The result? We've seen a change in the nature of the American economy and income/wealth imbalances since that time.

In this case, they have taken a fact - that yes, the press leans Left - and have completely over-compensated for that by essentially creating their own reality, their own universe, outside of the press, via talk radio and the internet. The result? Rapidly increasing divisions, as we can't even agree on what is real any more.

There are general principles that can guide us, and then there is blind and binary submission to an idea.

Last edited:

Oh, I agree that the very stable orange genius in chief is the ultimate irony

Yoo bad you don't realize it
Even your fearful 'leader' admits Russia has/is meddling in our elections. Of course, along with every intelligence agency in America.

I'm not a murican comrade, Trump isn't my fearful 'leader'

We have our own clowns over here, not that they can ever match the orange performance of course

(That's Mark Rutte, our own loyal EU puppet in charge. It's says "The Lying Dutchman".. his nickname is Pinocchio btw..)

Marc-Rutte-alias-de-liegende-premier-Pinokkio.jpg

:popcorn:

The far right have corrupted social media to create a parallel universe in which fact, critical thinking, and objectivity are not believe and their conclusions set aside as fake news. Some HSs and many universities have created a series of social media literacy courses to once again emphasize that good thinking and decision making and planning are the results of facts, critical thinking, and objectivity. I expect the denizens of the parallel universe to emerge as wraiths to fight against the re-introduction of critical process with all their might.

It does appear that the Right has taken things too far, and it reminds me of something Reagan once said.

There were many in the party who took his "government is the problem" comment absolutely literally and as gospel, and are desperate to attack almost any government as "the problem". The result? We've seen a change in the nature of the American economy and income/wealth imbalances since that time.

In this case, they have taken a fact - that yes, the press leans Left - and have completely over-compensated for that by essentially creating their own reality, their own universe, outside of the press, via talk radio and the internet. The result? Rapidly increasing divisions, as we can't even agree on what is real any more.

There are general principles that can guide us, and then there is blind and binary submission to an idea.

Well said. I guess I miss the 'old days' of debating when everyone that is left/center/right could agree on basic facts. For example, it isn't even possible to discuss the fact that we just had the first 2 quarters of 2018 experience REDUCED wages despite the corporate welfare package that was passed in 2017. We cannot discuss the fact that wage growth went up far faster in 2015 & 2016 (+2.5%) than it has in 2018 (-0.2%). Seems that'd be a simple fact to look at if we're looking for justification for raising the deficit to more than $1 trillion (in 2018). However...that's impossible because one occurred under Obama's Presidency and one occurred under Trump's. Therefore....politics takes precedent and the conversation ends there.

It makes it almost impossible to have debate for the good of the country.

Well said. I guess I miss the 'old days' of debating when everyone that is left/center/right could agree on basic facts. For example, it isn't even possible to discuss the fact that we just had the first 2 quarters of 2018 experience REDUCED wages despite the corporate welfare package that was passed in 2017. We cannot discuss the fact that wage growth went up far faster in 2015 & 2016 (+2.5%) than it has in 2018 (-0.2%). Seems that'd be a simple fact to look at if we're looking for justification for raising the deficit to more than $1 trillion (in 2018). However...that's impossible because one occurred under Obama's Presidency and one occurred under Trump's. Therefore....politics takes precedent and the conversation ends there.

It makes it almost impossible to have debate for the good of the country.
If we can't think critically, if we can't be curious and open, and if we can't communicate, this whole thing goes in the shitter.

Someone has to lead the way, at some point. Or not.

Oh, I agree that the very stable orange genius in chief is the ultimate irony

Yoo bad you don't realize it

I'm not a murican comrade, Trump isn't my fearful 'leader'

We have our own clowns over here, not that they can ever match the orange performance of course

(That's Mark Rutte, our own loyal EU puppet in charge. It's says "The Lying Dutchman".. his nickname is Pinocchio btw..)

Marc-Rutte-alias-de-liegende-premier-Pinokkio.jpg

You don't care for America.....that explains some things. I appreciate the honesty, I suppose.

The only way a republican can become Potus, is by lying and making up lies. They did it will Clinton, and did it with Gore , who by the way the cheating going on in Florida was fact, and they did it to Kerrry, none of the stores about swift boat were true, and they tried to do it to Obama. The only way Trump was with the Russian help and remember none of the Republicans backed him till he became the nominee, save a few like Sessions.

I can sit and listen to Rush (for an hour, it hurts by the way) and he says nothing , not a darn thing.

I can sit and listen to Rush (for an hour, it hurts by the way) and he says nothing , not a darn thing.
Well, I'd disagree there.

I listen to talk radio when I can, pretty regularly, and on a big picture level, it does two things: First, it supplies random talking points and buzzwords for use in specific situations (as we see here daily). But far more importantly, it creates and reinforces literal thought processes that apply in situations across the spectrum.

I listen to talk radio when I can, pretty regularly, and on a big picture level, it does two things: First, it supplies random talking points and buzzwords for use in specific situations (as we see here daily). But far more importantly, it creates and reinforces literal thought processes that apply in situations across the spectrum.

only for the poorly educated. those that want to know the truth will hear a soundbite or see a ( usually edited for time ) video clip & try to find it in its entirety from credible, verifiable, unbiased sources. those that want to stay comfy & cozy in their bubble... willingly stay ignorant.

& i listen to oxyboy as well as a few progressive radio programs to keep up with what is being said over the airwaves.

For years, the GOP courted the crazies that would watch/listen to Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity for their "news". As entertainers, they provide a product that is marketed directly at a group of conspiracy nutcases that typically believe in things that are NOT true (or even able to be proven). For years, actual Republicans accepted their votes...as they kept them at arm's length. However, things have changed.......those same crazies have now infiltrated our government and are making policies based on those whack job conspiracy theories spewed by a group of entertainers.

They've gotten so used to making up their own "news" that they've now look at REAL NUMBERS, expert opinion, written evidence as somehow a product of "fake news"....and that their opinion (that is based on their opinion) is the only thing that is correct? This is their safe zone they have to operate within, because if they actually start debating based on facts and evidence, they may lose the narrative and actually have to accept they're wrong.

So, simple fix: demonize facts and evidence, call all real news media "fake news", and simply repeat a lie so many times until it is accepted as "fact". This, of course, only works if you have a group of willing participants who are ignorant enough to buy it....sadly for this country, it has proven wildly successful for the GOP in the short term.

Real Republicans and Conservatives (who have some actual good ideas) have completely lost control of the new Republican Party and the tail is starting to wag the dog. Their party now is actually starting to accept wild conspiracy theories like the ENTIRE FBI and CIA (including all Republicans and Independents within each) are involved in a massive conspiracy to cover up for Hillary Clinton????? THAT is somehow more believable than the fact that the FBI simply didn't have enough evidence about Hillary Clinton to charge her with anything.

It's beyond preposterous....however, THAT is now what is in the Republican mainstream. They are no more than entertainers targeting a market of willing fools. I have to hand it to them....proving to be marginally effective politics, however, it is God awful if you care about the country.

Richard Nixon and Roger Ailes 1970s plan to put the GOP on TV
By Melissa Bell July 1, 2011

A memo entitled “A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News,” buried in the the Nixon library details a plan between Ailes and the White House to bring pro-administration stories to television networks around the country. It reads: “Today television news is watched more often than people read newspapers, than people listen to the radio, than people read or gather any other form of communication. The reason: People are lazy. With television you just sit—watch—listen. The thinking is done for you.”
[...]

Richard Nixon and Roger Ailes 1970s plan to put the GOP on TV

You don't care for America.....that explains some things. I appreciate the honesty, I suppose.

That depends on what you mean with caring for murica, if you guys ever decide to have another revolution to get rid of the totally corrupt oligarchy and it's MIC that screws up the entire planet with it's neverending wars/regime changes/colour revolutions etc. then I wish you luck and you'll have my total support

In the mean time I'll do what I can to stop the warmongering #resistance from starting WWIII. I know, riduling them on a obscure forum isn't exactly a great contribution but if a few facebook ads could get Trump selected...

only for the poorly educated. those that want to know the truth will hear a soundbite or see a ( usually edited for time ) video clip & try to find it in its entirety from credible, verifiable, unbiased sources. those that want to stay comfy & cozy in their bubble... willingly stay ignorant.

& i listen to oxyboy as well as a few progressive radio programs to keep up with what is being said over the airwaves.

I used to listen to Limbaugh back in the 90s. Try a little experiment...listen to him back then and compare to now. Something has changed.

The only way a republican can become Potus, is by lying and making up lies. They did it will Clinton, and did it with Gore , who by the way the cheating going on in Florida was fact, and they did it to Kerrry, none of the stores about swift boat were true, and they tried to do it to Obama. The only way Trump was with the Russian help and remember none of the Republicans backed him till he became the nominee, save a few like Sessions.

Well all those folks named are opinion people. Not news people.

Oh an Hitlery is a liar and always has been.

She ran for cover after being shot at. LOL

Hillary tells the truth compared to Trump. You are right those folks are opinion hacks, not factual.

Hillary tells the truth compared to Trump. You are right those folks are opinion hacks, not factual.

Oh yeah. Just like she was shot at??

She tells the truth all right. What a joke.

Gee, you liberals would NEVER do something underhanded like paying someone to make up a phony dossier and then paying someone else to put it out to the public...right, Penny?

What I find most amusing about the modern day liberal is that you now make a habit of accusing others of what you are guilty of. Trump didn't do anything even remotely approaching what Clinton and the DNC did but you wouldn't know it from the accusations flying from the left these days!

Gee, you liberals would NEVER do something underhanded like paying someone to make up a phony dossier and then paying someone else to put it out to the public...right, Penny?

What I find most amusing about the modern day liberal is that you now make a habit of accusing others of what you are guilty of. Trump didn't do anything even remotely approaching what Clinton and the DNC did but you wouldn't know it from the accusations flying from the left these days!

BS, Trump is as crooked as they come. He is lucky he stayed out of prison as long as he has, he is going to go down, also in the vote.

Forum List

Back