Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Will Fox Do The Right Thing And Fire Kelly?

• Yes, Fox is a legitimate network and will fire Kelly

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, Fox could care less and will let her stay

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
My point is quite obvious and should have been easily discerned if you have been reading my posts, but if the post your quoted was the only one you read, you may not get it.

The point is that the term 'race' is simply a word, a word used to convey a very subjective idea. That the cops and others use it does not mean it is an accurate term to use nor an accurate way of thinking. Language often affects the way we see reality. Thinking in racial terms is determined by language, not by reality. The United Nations has decided not to use the term because it is not effective, given that people all over the world who are considered to be one race or another are not only one race, but are mixed race, if we are trying to continue to cling to the idea of 'race.' For example, which race is Obama? Which race are my nephews whose mother is black and father white? It is a subjective term that does not correlate with reality. The fact it is being used by authorities here and there does not mean that one race or another are a fact but more of a convenience, a convenience that skews reality. My nephews would be categorized as 'black' and yet they are one half white. ~

Do you get it yet?
Of course terms are subjective, we can call green blue and and blue green. It doesn't mean these colors don't occupy a different place on the color spectrum. Also, having turquoise doesn't make blue or green any less real.

The same goes for race. We can call a Caucasian a Negroid, and a Negroid a Caucasian, but it doesn't mean that genetic and phenotypical differences don't exist between the groups. Just because someone can be a hybrid of Negroid and Caucasian, doesn't make Negroid and Caucasian any less real.

Race is real, whether you want to admit it or not. I think you recognize it is real. However, you only use race to further political purposes(like immigration, affirmative action, government enforced integration etc).

No I don't recognize it because it isn't reality. Humans have been moving, migrating if you will, all over the planet since the inception of mankind. There is no one pure race other than the human race. Accept it.

Wait a second, is race not real, or is no human of "pure" racial stock? If it's the latter, than you are acknowledging the reality of race.

My point is quite obvious and should have been easily discerned if you have been reading my posts, but if the post your quoted was the only one you read, you may not get it.

The point is that the term 'race' is simply a word, a word used to convey a very subjective idea. That the cops and others use it does not mean it is an accurate term to use nor an accurate way of thinking. Language often affects the way we see reality. Thinking in racial terms is determined by language, not by reality. The United Nations has decided not to use the term because it is not effective, given that people all over the world who are considered to be one race or another are not only one race, but are mixed race, if we are trying to continue to cling to the idea of 'race.' For example, which race is Obama? Which race are my nephews whose mother is black and father white? It is a subjective term that does not correlate with reality. The fact it is being used by authorities here and there does not mean that one race or another are a fact but more of a convenience, a convenience that skews reality. My nephews would be categorized as 'black' and yet they are one half white. ~

Do you get it yet?
Of course terms are subjective, we can call green blue and and blue green. It doesn't mean these colors don't occupy a different place on the color spectrum. Also, having turquoise doesn't make blue or green any less real.

The same goes for race. We can call a Caucasian a Negroid, and a Negroid a Caucasian, but it doesn't mean that genetic and phenotypical differences don't exist between the groups. Just because someone can be a hybrid of Negroid and Caucasian, doesn't make Negroid and Caucasian any less real.

Race is real, whether you want to admit it or not. I think you recognize it is real. However, you only use race to further political purposes(like immigration, affirmative action, government enforced integration etc).

No I don't recognize it because it isn't reality. Humans have been moving, migrating if you will, all over the planet since the inception of mankind. There is no one pure race other than the human race. Accept it.
Never were the sharpest tack, were you? Race is obvious. Get over it, or at least go after those who claim that everyone from Imhotep to Jesus was black and explain your ditzy theory there.

Wait a second, is race not real, or is no human of "pure" racial stock? If it's the latter, than you are acknowledging the reality of race.

I am acknowledging that race is a subjective concept that humans use to differentiate between people who have different physical characteristics: it is no different, essentially, than differentiating between people who are short, tall, fat, or thin, etc. Your problem is you are unable to think outside the box.

I am acknowledging that race is a subjective concept that humans use to differentiate between people who have different physical characteristics: it is no different, essentially, than differentiating between people who are short, tall, fat, or thin, etc. Your problem is you are unable to think outside the box.
That the terms are subjective? Well yes of course they are. But you just keep repeating yourself. Words are words, we use them to convey meaning. Meaning still exists despite words. Differences genetically and phenotypically between those we categorize as Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid, and Austrailoid are objective.

That the terms are subjective? Well yes of course they are. But you just keep repeating yourself. Words are words, we use them to convey meaning. Meaning still exists despite words. Differences genetically and phenotypically between those we categorize as Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid, and Austrailoid are objective.

:lol:

You folks are cherry pickers.

This science is valid because it buttresses your idea of race, that science isn't because it says man is causing a shitstorm on earth.

It's scary folks like you can vote.

What buttresses my idea of race and climate change is science. There is nothing you seem to believe in that is not politically motivated.
Don't be scared that I can vote. Be scared that you're so easily manipulated by political rhetoric and ideologically driven race baiting.

Race baiting..

Gotta love it.

Hey, you guys started it 5 years ago. Don't act surprised when someone calls you on it.

[

I don't listen to Limbaugh, nor do I care to listen to Limbaugh. You never got mad when Chris Matthews called Laura Ingrahm a 'right wing slut' either, so keep quiet. When you link me to a post where you were expressing outrage over that instance, then you can lecture me.

Libtalker Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham's 'A Slut' - YouTube

You stated it was Chris Matthews who called Laura a bad name, but it was Ed Schultz in your video. For that, he was suspended AND made an on-air apology.

[
And for the record, anyone is pretty stupid when they are demanding that they get contraceptive care straight from the taxpayers, yeah that's pretty dumb. It's like asking the taxpayer to fund your sexual habits. Sorry, where I come from, having rampant sexual intercourse has consequences that YOU ALONE must pay for. Not me. Does that make her a victim? No. It makes her irresponsible, and spoiled.

A couple of points. Because it seems we've explained the Fluke thing to you a bunch of times.

1) First and Foremost- Fluke was not asking the TAXPAYERS for contraceptive care. She paid $30,000 a year tuition at Georgetown, and part of that insurance was health care. In short, she was paying for it.

2) The insurance company had no problem giving contraception as part of the insurance policies (It actually SAVES them money, as $300 a year in contraception is cheaper than paying for a live birth, which runs $3000-$10,000 and is likely to take the student out of school, no longer paying that insurance. It was the Church that had a problem with it, because their magic sky man told them so.

3) Georgetown DOES provide contraceptive coverage to faculty and staff as part of THEIR health care programs.

4) You and Limbaugh seem to think that the amount of birth control you need is consumerate to how much sex you are having. Do either of you know how the lady parts work?

5) Fluke wasn't talking about her own sex life in her press conference outside Congress. (YOu know, where Congress got six men and NO women to talk about women's health.) she spoke about a fellow student who suffered from Ovarian Cysts, for which birth control pills are the standard treatment, but she can't get them under Georgetown's rules.

6) Finally, giving out birth control through the government to poor people IS good policy, and one that Republicans support. Have since the Nixon years . Continued through Reagan and both Bushes.

7) WTF does any of this have to do with Santa Claus?

[

I don't listen to Limbaugh, nor do I care to listen to Limbaugh. You never got mad when Chris Matthews called Laura Ingrahm a 'right wing slut' either, so keep quiet. When you link me to a post where you were expressing outrage over that instance, then you can lecture me.

Libtalker Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham's 'A Slut' - YouTube

You stated it was Chris Matthews who called Laura a bad name, but it was Ed Schultz in your video. For that, he was suspended AND made an on-air apology.

[
And for the record, anyone is pretty stupid when they are demanding that they get contraceptive care straight from the taxpayers, yeah that's pretty dumb. It's like asking the taxpayer to fund your sexual habits. Sorry, where I come from, having rampant sexual intercourse has consequences that YOU ALONE must pay for. Not me. Does that make her a victim? No. It makes her irresponsible, and spoiled.

A couple of points. Because it seems we've explained the Fluke thing to you a bunch of times.

1) First and Foremost- Fluke was not asking the TAXPAYERS for contraceptive care. She paid $30,000 a year tuition at Georgetown, and part of that insurance was health care. In short, she was paying for it.

2) The insurance company had no problem giving contraception as part of the insurance policies (It actually SAVES them money, as $300 a year in contraception is cheaper than paying for a live birth, which runs $3000-$10,000 and is likely to take the student out of school, no longer paying that insurance. It was the Church that had a problem with it, because their magic sky man told them so.

3) Georgetown DOES provide contraceptive coverage to faculty and staff as part of THEIR health care programs.

4) You and Limbaugh seem to think that the amount of birth control you need is consumerate to how much sex you are having. Do either of you know how the lady parts work?

5) Fluke wasn't talking about her own sex life in her press conference outside Congress. (YOu know, where Congress got six men and NO women to talk about women's health.) she spoke about a fellow student who suffered from Ovarian Cysts, for which birth control pills are the standard treatment, but she can't get them under Georgetown's rules.

6) Finally, giving out birth control through the government to poor people IS good policy, and one that Republicans support. Have since the Nixon years . Continued through Reagan and both Bushes.

7) WTF does any of this have to do with Santa Claus?

Using far left propaganda is not explaining it is repeating incorrect propaganda talking points.

Joe, Kosh's response stands as my response. I couldn't have said it better. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Uh, yeah, guy, you were the one who went on about how Fluke wanted the government to pay for her birth control...

And I pretty much mopped the floor with you.

Again.

But you got the troll to agree with you, so your day is made.

Exactly. She didn't.

It was her show though so she needs to take responsibility just as you all want Obama to take responsibility for everything happing in the US government. Works the same way so Kelly is responsible for the Jesus comment too.

You? Was that a rep request? Who exactly are these 'you' folks I am a part of?

HaHa. If you would like to take that chance, I don't mind. Anyway, it would be nice if you committed to something once in awhile.

It was her show though so she needs to take responsibility just as you all want Obama to take responsibility for everything happing in the US government. Works the same way so Kelly is responsible for the Jesus comment too.

You? Was that a rep request? Who exactly are these 'you' folks I am a part of?

HaHa. If you would like to take that chance, I don't mind. Anyway, it would be nice if you committed to something once in awhile.

It's easier sitting on the fence and feeling superior, that's my guess.

What buttresses my idea of race and climate change is science. There is nothing you seem to believe in that is not politically motivated.
Don't be scared that I can vote. Be scared that you're so easily manipulated by political rhetoric and ideologically driven race baiting.

Race baiting..

Gotta love it.

Hey, you guys started it 5 years ago. Don't act surprised when someone calls you on it.

Really now.

Reagan's "Welfare Queen" remark..was what? Comedy Gold?

He doesn't get it. It is really that simple. :cool:

Forum List

Back