Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Will Fox Do The Right Thing And Fire Kelly?

• Yes, Fox is a legitimate network and will fire Kelly

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, Fox could care less and will let her stay

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
Megyn Kelly Spins, Fails

hitlermarywithjesus.jpg

I have to say there have been moments when I’ve thought Megyn Kelly was a real blast of fresh air in the fetid, morning-breath swamps of cable news: whip-smart, mildly sassy, occasionally rebellious, she is a real star on the propaganda network of the GOP/Tea Party. So I wondered how she would respond to her rather unfortunate assertions this week that both Santa Claus and Jesus Christ were “white”. Here’s the original segment. Here is her response.

I’d say two things. The original segment was clearly not as light-hearted and humorous as Kelly now insists it was. She did not originally refer to the Slate piece as “tongue-in-cheek” and responded to its provocation by being offended, not amused. Since both tapes are out there, make your own mind up. But rather than cop to an obvious error – made off the cuff – she made the decision to hunker down and accuse others of persecuting Fox News because it isn’t liberal. So the classic and silly notion that white Republicans are somehow an oppressed class – and minorities should just stop whining – became her “correction.” But that’s not a correction. It’s a distraction.

More to the point, the much more disturbing assertion that “Jesus was white” – something Kelly injected into the conversation all by herself – is left hanging. She claims in one aside in her response that the question “is not settled.” But it is. Jesus was a first century Jew. He’s not a northern European. He was Semitic, not Caucasian. Now maybe Kelly will unpack why she may believe that Jews are somehow “white” in her racial categorization of humanity, while, say, Hispanics are not. But it seems likely she won’t. That would open a very large box of premises Roger Ailes prefers to keep vacuum-wrapped.

So she screwed up – which we all do. But on the core measure of whether she could fairly cop to her screw-up, correct and apologize for it, she failed. I tend to think that how journalists respond to error is more instructive than how they report and analyze in factually impeccable fashion. On that count, Kelly emerged this week as a flak and a hack. I guess I was foolish for hoping for more.

(Painting: Mother Mary with the Holy Child Jesus Christ, Oil/canvas, 1913. By Adolf Hitler.)

I agree with this except for the fact that Semitic is not a race; it is a sub-division of Caucasion. Which highlights what is an issue with me, all this defining and categorizing people by race. Human beings are all one race, the human race. This is my firm belief as far as reality and biology go: we are one species, one race. All the rest are superficialities which humans have used to make separations and distinctions between themselves. All these racial categories have no more meaning than separating people who have red hair and freckles from people who have black hair and olive toned skin. People can use DNA and argue that point, but imo it's a minor point, a superficiality. Every other aspect of humans is the same; these are minor differences and essentially meaningless.

I still maintain this thread is about Megan's lack of world perspective, and that her racism is more of a minor issue here. Her assumption that her world view is the only world view is the problem, one she, as a journalist in modern America, should not have.

Last edited:
Semitic is not a race; it is a sub-division of Caucasion.

This is incorrect. Semitic peoples are Afroasiatic peoples.

That has to do with culture and language, not with race.

~According to most anthropologists, there are 3-4 major human races:
The world population can be divided into 4 major races, namely white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid. This is based on a racial classification made by Carleton S. Coon in 1962. There is no universally accepted classification for “race”, however, and its use has been under fire over the last few decades. The United Nations, in a 1950 statement, opted to “drop the term ‘race’ altogether and speak of “ethnic groups”. In this case, there are more than 5,000 ethnic groups in the world, according to a 1998 study published in the Scientific American.

Semites are an ethnic group within the Caucasian race.

However, as this site says, and I emphatically agree:
All men of whatever race are currently classified by the anthropologist or biologist as belonging to the one species, Homo sapiens.This is another way of saying that the differences between human races are not great, even though they may appear so, i.e. black vs white skin. All races of mankind in the world can interbreed because they have so much in common. All races share 99.99+% of the same genetic materials which means that division of race is largely subjective, and that the original 3-5 races were also probably just subjective descriptions as well.
http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/how-many-major-races-are-there-in-the-world/

All this black/white/Asian stuff is just bullshit, and we need to stop doing it. We are humans, humans!

Last edited:
Anyway, Bashir didn't say what the wingnuts are accusing him of saying.

Has someone accused you of being smart? Most likely not.

WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC COMMENTARY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbJE3RUJMw]Martin Bashir Says Someone Should Sh*t in Sarah Palin's Mouth - YouTube[/ame]
I'm right, you're wrong.

He never says those words.

What's wrong with you people? A guy says on air that Sarah Palin deserves to have people defecate in her mouth, and not one of you is outraged. The man is openly defaming her on national television, NOT ONE of you calls for him to be fired. Megyn Kelly? Something so innocuous and lighthearted as 'Santa Claus and Jesus are white.' Now all of a sudden she deserves to be fired or lambasted? People on liberal networks have said far worse and nastier things, and not one of you had or has the gumption to call them out. Hypocrites, all of you!

Please link to your post that was outraged over Rush using the word 'retard' or calling Fluke a slut, or just link to any post of yours that was outraged over anything ever said by a Right-Winger.

Thanks.

I don't listen to Limbaugh, nor do I care to listen to Limbaugh.

Yeah, I know. None of you ever listen to Limbaugh, making him the #1 radio show. :lol:

You never got mad when Chris Matthews called Laura Ingrahm a 'right wing slut' either, so keep quiet.
That was Ed Schultz. And you know that it was clear in his comments that he didn't mean it sexually, right? He meant it in the same way someone is called an 'attention whore'.

When you link me to a post where you were expressing outrage over that instance, then you can lecture me.
And vice versa, which is my point.

And for the record, anyone is pretty stupid when they are demanding that they get contraceptive care straight from the taxpayers, yeah that's pretty dumb. It's like asking the taxpayer to fund your sexual habits. Sorry, where I come from, having rampant sexual intercourse has consequences that YOU ALONE must pay for. Not me. Does that make her a victim? No. It makes her irresponsible, and spoiled.
Do you have the slightest clue how ignorant you sound?

Just one of the medical benefits of birth control pills - and this is from the Mayo Clinic, so STFU:

Can you use birth control pills to delay or eliminate your period?

Yes, birth control pills can be used to reduce or eliminate monthly bleeding. When birth control pills were first available, they were packaged as 21 days of active hormonal pills and seven days of placebo pills. During the week women took the placebo pills, they would have bleeding similar to a regular menstrual period.

Today women have many more options — from regimens with 24 days of active pills and four days of placebo pills to regimens that are all active pills. The first extended-cycle pill regimens introduced provide active hormone pills every day for three months, then one week of placebo pills or low-dose estrogen pills. Newer extended-cycle regimens are designed to be taken continuously for one year and suppress all menstrual bleeding.

Continuous or extended-cycle regimens have several potential benefits. They prevent hormonal fluctuations that are responsible for bleeding, cramping, headaches and other discomforts associated with getting your period. You also may find that you like the convenience of not having a period during important events or trips.

However, unscheduled bleeding and spotting often occur during the first few months on this type of regimen. It typically goes away with continued use, but some women continue to have unscheduled bleeding with continuous use of pills.
Do you need special pills or can you use ordinary birth control pills to prevent having a period?

There are birth control pill regimens designed to prevent bleeding for three months at a time or for as long as a year. But it's possible to prevent your period with continuous use of any birth control pill. This means skipping the placebo pills and starting right away on a new pack. Continuous use of your birth control pills works best if you're taking a monophasic pill — with the same hormone dose in the three weeks of active pills.

Last edited:
Thanks syn. Given the context in which he made his point, I actually think it was completely appropriate, but a bit too cutting edge, perhaps for a national network. Palin is the one who brought up slavery, and compared it to an economic problem, showing her total lack of knowledge and empathy for what slavery actually meant to a black African in the Americas. She got a dose of her own medicine, that's all, and she deserved it.

Yes, it was completely appropriate. That is why he apologized and resigned in shame.

:cuckoo:

Has someone accused you of being smart? Most likely not.

WARNING: VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC COMMENTARY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbJE3RUJMw]Martin Bashir Says Someone Should Sh*t in Sarah Palin's Mouth - YouTube[/ame]
I'm right, you're wrong.

He never says those words.

Thanks syn. Given the context in which he made his point, I actually think it was completely appropriate, but a bit too cutting edge, perhaps, for a national network. Palin is the one who brought up slavery, and compared it to an economic problem, showing her total lack of knowledge and empathy for what slavery actually meant to a black African in the Americas. She got a dose of her own medicine, that's all, and she deserved it. I would consider what he implied to be meant metaphorically, but literal minds will see things in literal terms.

Last edited:

Lie!

"When Mrs. Palin invoked slavery, she doesn’t just prove her rank ignorance. She confirms that if anyone truly qualified for a dose of discipline from Thomas Thistlewood, then she would be the outstanding candidate," he said.

MSNBC promotes video of Bashir calling for urination, defecation on Sarah Palin - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com
Thank you for admitting that Martin Bashir never said that someone should shit in Poor Sarah's mouth.

Oh heck, I guess the topic of Kelly's Santa-gate is now over. That was a fun fifteen minutes though! It was sort of like watching a bathtub full of angry monkeys. Maybe Sean Hannity will call pinochio white and we can do this all over again! I got my fingers crossed!
Or maybe an MSNBC host will suggest that some Republican billionaire should lose his fortune. Then the shit will truly hit the fan!

That's an amazingly stupid thing to say.

The world population can be divided into 4 major races, namely white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid. This is based on a racial classification made by Carleton S. Coon in 1962.

Outdated and disproven ideas. Coon was a racist who believed that different races represented distinct evolutionary paths into modern humans, and that Europeans and Asians were "advanced" races. This notion is preposterous.

This is false. Semitic peoples originated from Africa.

Outdated and disproven ideas. Coon was a racist who believed that different races represented distinct evolutionary paths into modern humans, and that Europeans and Asians were "advanced" races. This notion is preposterous.

You call the man a coon and HE'S the racist?!????

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Last edited:
Santa is white because that is how he has been shown since Coke put him on a sign in 1931. Jesus was a Jew. According to the US government a Jew is a white person.

All early Semites across the entire Near East appear to have originally been Polytheist. Mesopotamian religion is the earliest recorded and for three millennia was the most influential ] exerting strong influence on the later recorded Canaanite religions then practiced in what is today Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, the Palestinian territories and the Sinai Peninsula, and also those of the Arameans, Chaldeans, Phoenicians/Carthaginians and Arabs. The influence of Mesopotamian religion can also be found in Armenian and Graeco-Roman religion and to some degree upon the later Semitic Monotheistic religions of Judaism, Christianity, Mandaeism, Gnosticism and Islam

Semites went to Africa, did not come from it. North African people are very different from Sub-Saharan Africans who would racially be considered as Negroid. Semites came from Mesopotamia, which is the European continent.

Conceived as one of the great races, alongside Mongoloid and Negroid, it was taken to consist of a number of "subraces". The Caucasoid peoples were usually divided in three groups on linguistic grounds, termed Aryan (Indo-European), Semitic (Semitic languages), and Hamitic (Berber-Cushitic-Egyptian).
Wiki

However, as I have stated and continute to emphasize:

The real issue and fact is that human beings have been moving all over the globe since the inception of the species, moving from one area to another and interbreeding. We are all ONE RACE. Period. All these other little distinctions are stupd.

Last edited:

All early Semites across the entire Near East appear to have originally been Polytheist. Mesopotamian religion is the earliest recorded and for three millennia was the most influential ] exerting strong influence on the later recorded Canaanite religions then practiced in what is today Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, the Palestinian territories and the Sinai Peninsula, and also those of the Arameans, Chaldeans, Phoenicians/Carthaginians and Arabs. The influence of Mesopotamian religion can also be found in Armenian and Graeco-Roman religion and to some degree upon the later Semitic Monotheistic religions of Judaism, Christianity, Mandaeism, Gnosticism and Islam

Semites went to Africa, did not come from it. North African people are very different from Sub-Saharan Africans who would racially be considered as Negroid. Semites came from Mesopotamia, which is the European continent.

The real issue and fact is that human beings have been moving all over the globe since the inception of the species, moving from one area to another and interbreeding. We are all ONE RACE. Period. All these other little distinctions are stupd.

If we are all one race, how come I can get a DNA saying what race I am, or what percentage of each race I am?

There are clearly genetic differences between the races. Race Denial is as ignorant as Biblical Creationism.

Oh heck, I guess the topic of Kelly's Santa-gate is now over. That was a fun fifteen minutes though! It was sort of like watching a bathtub full of angry monkeys. Maybe Sean Hannity will call pinochio white and we can do this all over again! I got my fingers crossed!
Or maybe an MSNBC host will suggest that some Republican billionaire should lose his fortune. Then the shit will truly hit the fan!

Isn't that everyday on MSNBC?

Last edited:

Isn't that everyday on MSNBC?

You would think there was no Liberal billionaires LOL

If we are all one race, how come I can get a DNA saying what race I am, or what percentage of each race I am?

There are clearly genetic differences between the races. Race Denial is as ignorant as Biblical Creationism.

Genetic differences are slight and represent a "probability".

It's amazing people with no acumen in Science seem to use it when it suits them, as if they were experts.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back