Fox News Channel wants Hillary to be Dem. Nominee

acludem

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2003
Missouri
I think it's clear by Fox News Channel's overblown coverage of the Rev. Wright story that their GOP sponsors want to steer the Democratic nomination to Hillary Clinton because they know they stand a much better chance of winning against her as opposed to Obama.

acludem

I think it's clear by Fox News Channel's overblown coverage of the Rev. Wright story that their GOP sponsors want to steer the Democratic nomination to Hillary Clinton because they know they stand a much better chance of winning against her as opposed to Obama.

acludem

Really? I guarantee that every station, including Fox would make it the leading story every single night if Obama had just been a Republican. After all, the NY Times put Abu Ghraib as their headline story every day for 46 straight days -although absolutely NO new information was found after day 9 and CBS ran a phony story right before the 2004 election about Bush -hoping it would affect the election outcome. If you want to play the game of whether the media is more biased to the left or right -you are going to lose that one.

Personally I think Obama is more defeatable than Clinton. As much as I can't stand the Clintons who disgraced the White House, if forced to choose between the two, I would have to pick Clinton. Although I was utterly CHARMED by Obama's speech at the Democratic Convention in 2004. The man is undeniably charismatic which can cover a lot of flaws. (As we well know after Bill Clinton.)

But I think he is more defeatable because Obama's record in the Illinois legislature shows he is far more to the left than Clinton -who is pretty far left as it is although she has spent the last four years in particular trying to cover her tracks. And those on the far left or far right -just aren't electable. Obama's record is even extreme left at times and he isn't going to be able to hide that. Clinton has no reason to attack his left extremist views and record since the Democrats voting in primaries are more to the left than in a general election -but come time to campaign for the general election, McCain sure will. Especially since McCain needs to convince independents that he isn't near as leftwing as either Clinton or Obama.

I find it very odd that extreme liberals always pretend to be far more conservative in the general election than they really are -but conservatives tend to run as conservatives. Everyone else suddenly adopts conservatism when in the general election.

Want to know the Democratic ticket that will hand the election to McCain? Both Clinton and Obama on the same ticket. It will be a difficult election for either one of them to be the FIRST to be elected -whether as a woman or a black. But both at the same time and on the same ticket? One or the other could make it -but both at the same time? I just don't see it happening in this country yet.

acludem

Seriously, that should have begun with IMO...

acludem

The ploy to try and shift the villification of Hillary from foaming at the mouth lefties to the right is about as glaringly obvious as daylight.

The fact is, any conservative in their right mind wouold prefer Clinton to Obama. That isn't really saying a whole lot on her behalf. Only that she is actually more moderate than he is. A scary thought in and of itself.

acludem

Excellent and for many an obvious point. Conservative MSM fears an Obama candidacy as he offers a point of view that contradicts their worldview. Clinton is an easier target as she has a history and let's not forget she is a she. McCain too has a history as you notice so often today in his swearing allegiance to the ideological church the republicans have become. Obama on the other hand doesn't have this long history so Wright becomes that history. Wright and other irrelevancies are all the Rove spin bastards have, so spin they do. This piece on Fox, from one of its own was interesting, even Wallace called them to task for not reporting news but reporting conservative MSM ideology.

"I heard enough of it...."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4ytqDbK1w[/ame]

acludem

This is like saying bin laden wanted Kerry to be the president.

Does FOX define your thoughts?

acludem

I've been saying this for months. Not about Fox, but about how republicans are falling head over heals to push Clinton onto the ballot.

acludem

I disagree. FOX will never support one Dem candidate over another. They are just slamming Obama because they think he is the annointed one from the Dems and he will be facing McCain.

I just hope there are no more Rev Wrights in the woodwork.

I disagree. FOX will never support one Dem candidate over another. They are just slamming Obama because they think he is the annointed one from the Dems and he will be facing McCain.

I just hope there are no more Rev Wrights in the woodwork.

No just a Hamas manifesto on their pastor's webpage....Lmao

acludem

Where is your link showing that the GOP sponsored their coverage of Dr. Racist Wright? I believe at this point Clinton is polling better than Obama against MCcain. So your post is flawed factually and logically.

Where do I begin with my responses....

I don't think bin Laden gives a damn who the President is, though obviously the Bush years have been good for him (he's still at large, for example).

Fox News has taken every opportunity to jab at Obama because, like most Republicans, Fox sees Clinton as very beatable and Obama as a much tougher opponent. They took some out-of-context clips off of Youtube and turned it into a huge national story. Fox News doesn't want Hillary to be president, they want McCain to win and are now in attack mode against Obama who will likely win the nomination. The Wright story was the GOP's last ditch effort to try and steer the nomination to Hillary by creating a scandal. Obviously, it failed.

acludem

Where do I begin with my responses....

I don't think bin Laden gives a damn who the President is, though obviously the Bush years have been good for him (he's still at large, for example).

Fox News has taken every opportunity to jab at Obama because, like most Republicans, Fox sees Clinton as very beatable and Obama as a much tougher opponent. They took some out-of-context clips off of Youtube and turned it into a huge national story. Fox News doesn't want Hillary to be president, they want McCain to win and are now in attack mode against Obama who will likely win the nomination. The Wright story was the GOP's last ditch effort to try and steer the nomination to Hillary by creating a scandal. Obviously, it failed.

acludem

Hmm...if it was the GOP why did they wait until now? I mean why not do it early in the race like in S.C. or something?

Because early on it looked like Hillary would win the nomination easily. When Obama picked up momentum, they went into attack mode.

acludem

Because early on it looked like Hillary would win the nomination easily. When Obama picked up momentum, they went into attack mode.

acludem

Wonder why they didn't turn on their 'attack machine' against Hillary early on?
Plus Obama was leading going into S.C. why not start the attacking right before or after S.C.? Seems as though the GOP would have been a lot more influential at that point. Oh that's right the GOP isn't beating up on Obama, it's Hillary. For example, releasing photos of Obama in Muslim garb. That release has been directly linked to the fine Senator Clinton...:cuckoo:

acludem

You know, I keep hearing people say that. But I don't believe it for a second. It's counterintuitive. The repubs are going to play Wrights's stuff over and over and over like they did the swiftboat garbarge... so the whole hypothesis doesn't work for me.

You know, I keep hearing people say that. But I don't believe it for a second. It's counterintuitive. The repubs are going to play Wrights's stuff over and over and over like they did the swiftboat garbarge... so the whole hypothesis doesn't work for me.

Please be so kind as to provide us some footage from ANY network that played the Swiftboat Vets stuff " over and over" hell most of them even refused to let them PAY to put it on.

Why is that? Because rather than look at it objectively, you prefer to relegate it to the "Republican" and "swiftboat" heap where all things summarily dismissed for political reasons are relegated?

Basic common sense and logic and the basics of attending church dictates that if one attends a church for 20 years and is willing to listen to the same pastor for 20 years that one must embrace at least most of said pastor's ideas or at a minimum, be ambivalent to them.

No matter how many times you on the left attempt to sweep this under the rug via deflection and/or attempting to pretend it's irrelevant ... it's very much relevant and isn't going to wash.

Had an evangelical Christian mentioned his religion the wailing would begin. Oh yeah, that's ALREADY happened, hasn't it?

Please be so kind as to provide us some footage from ANY network that played the Swiftboat Vets stuff " over and over" hell most of them even refused to let them PAY to put it on.

I can't play footage because I didn't record it but I remember watching FoxNews on cable here (I was forced to by my ex, she even made me watch O'Reilly) and I remember watching it absolutely fascinated at how it was being done. I thought at the time the Boston Brahmin was a dickhead for not blowing them out of the water. Told the ex that. She just gave me the look.

I can't play footage because I didn't record it but I remember watching FoxNews on cable here (I was forced to by my ex, she even made me watch O'Reilly) and I remember watching it absolutely fascinated at how it was being done. I thought at the time the Boston Brahmin was a dickhead for not blowing them out of the water. Told the ex that. She just gave me the look.

And your wrong. It was not played OVER and OVER. In fact most networks refused to even let them place adds, talk about bias and prejudice. In fact I tried to see the spots and could not find them anywhere, not on Fox or any other network.

And when ever the other networks had to report on it they mentioned it in passing without even showing any of what they were reporting on.

The simple fact is over 200 service members that SERVED with Kerry chose to band together and voice their concerns about his lies and half truths. He didn't respond and still has not because he can NOT.

Forum List

Back