Forgive Student Loan Debt

i dont believe that sign for a second. But then I do understand compound interest.

I can tell you that forgiving my student debt would sure be beneficial to me and my family. But i borrowed the money. I need to pay it back. Why would I want to lose my integrity over it? Or set a bad example for my children by taking things i dont pay for?

This is Obama's political ploy to get the college students to vote for him. That is all this is.
Same old Democratic ploy, vote for me and your student loans will be forgiven. Also add I'm the cool President vote for me.

When has Obama said he is going to abolish student debt?

Obama wants student loans to be forgiven in 20 years, instead of 25 years.
Wrong way to go. It doesn't make any student responsible to to pay the loans off. Just let them sit for 25 or 20 years and then you don't need to pay them.
How about he wanted an increase in pell grants.

Yeah, that extra five years of IBR is going to make all the difference.....

:lol:

BTW, the loans don't "just sit" for 20 years. That's the most absurd thing I have evader heard. You have to make monthly payments on them based on your income.

You don't fully understand this issue, do you?

Last edited:
If after 23 years you haven't been able to bay back a student loan of 26,000 you are either:
-) very stupid
-) spending your money on all sorts of other things
-) a freeloader
-) all of the above

On the other hand, writing stuff like this shows you have never had to borrow money to go to college. Did you even earn a HS degree, Sparky?

As I've said before.......Community Organizers bank on the fact that the people they are "organizing" aren't too smart. The lead them to slaughter and then say, well I didn't "say" that I'd help.

Are those people of the South Side of Chicago in a better position than they were before they were "organized"?? Or are they still living off generational welfare?? The Community Organizer made sure they would be taken care of by the GOVERNMENT for the rest of their lives, their children's lives and their grand children's lives. They haven't helped them do anything but become increasingly more dependent on government.

Yay for those community organizers, the people get to vote for the guy that keeps them on welfare instead of giving them a helping hand to make it on their own. WTG!!

Seems like someone misread the fact that some folks prefer to handle their own lives, whoops!!

Last edited:
So the fact that some people are fucking stupid is Obama's fault?

BINGO! Obama is banking on the support of stupid people in order to win the next election. The smart folks understand his policies are destructive and untenable.

All politicians do that.

LOL- OK, I guess that's a fair point~ Yet, I have never heard a conservative voter, claim that the GOP candidate is going to give them everything~

BINGO! Obama is banking on the support of stupid people in order to win the next election. The smart folks understand his policies are destructive and untenable.

All politicians do that.

LOL- OK, I guess that's a fair point~ Yet, I have never heard a conservative voter, claim that the GOP candidate is going to give them everything~

Conservative voters have different favors of equally stupid notions.

"Guns, Gays,and God".....

Read the image and tell me why you think things are just fine as they are.
28atb35.jpg

Wow. This is perfect. I have been thinking a lot lately about how badly our country needs an education in critical thinking. And I have been trying to think of some exercises you could put to students to teach them how to think critically.

Thank you for providing a perfect example.

If it was a $23,000 car instead of a student loan, how long would it take to pay off the car?

Exactly! Questions like that are the kind of critical thinking needed today. Except it was a loan for just over $26,000 not $23,000. :)

The woman was obviously in a massively negative amortization. That is not the lender's doing. She did that. She should ask for a refund from the college that gave her such a bad education that she couldn't even figure out simple loan terms.

Last edited:

well for sure someone held a gun to this person and made them TAKE out the loan..

Hey, maybe we should all get together and demand they forgive all our car loans..

28atb35.jpg

Wow. This is perfect. I have thinking about how badly our country needs an education in critical thinking. And I have been trying to think of some exercises you could put to students to teach them how to teach critically.

Thank you for providing a perfect example.

If it was a $23,000 car instead of a student loan, how long would it take to pay off the car?

Exactly! Questions like that are the kind of critical thinking needed today. Except it was a loan for just over $26,000 not $23,000. :)

The woman was obviously in a massively negative amortization. That is not the lender's doing. She did that. She should ask for a refund from the college that gave her such a bad education that she couldn't even figure out simple loan terms.
BDPoop isn't into critical thinking, just in finding ways to rationalize mooching. ;)

It would be for the greater good, you know!

The greater good of who? Certainly not me. I paid up front for my education and paid cash for my home.

If you require that for everyone, few would be able to obtain a higher education or a house.

The banks sure as hell don't want that system.

Nor would I. It would hammer my banking holdings.
I was fortunate enough to have a marketable skill while I went to school. I financed my first 2 homes my and paid the first off in 12 years and the second in 4. When I sold the second, I realized enough profit to pay for about half of the home I live in now. I lived pretty tight for about 6 years until I could jump on this house.

Last edited:
A couple of answers from kids (adults now) on the "How could you be so stupid" question.

Answer: I love that question: why didn't you read the contract. Well, I was 17 on my first loan and about 19 on my second one. Didn't even have a checking account and never had a credit card at that time. Read the contract? yeah, I read it and "Trusted" that the government wouldn't give me the shaft. I mean how could they do that to me, I was just a kid and had big dreams. How did I know they would retroactively change the law after I took out my loan and that this loan would follow me to my grave. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that no where in my contract does it say if I default that my interest would be capitalized. They sort of left that out for future use.

Answer: Nobody can follow when the government changes the rules in the middle of the game. They do it all the time. This is why we need reform, and we need to pass H.R. 4170, to restore some sanity and responsibility to the system. Consumer advocates back in the 80s reformed insurance company policies and forced them to write insurance coverage in understandable language. This is what we need now with student loans. Obviously this is proving to be true, as Consumer Finance Protection Bureau is beginning to listen to the people, and proposing these types of changes. And, as far as these perfect people, who read everything, I don't believe 99% of them. They would have to prove it to me first. If they are that perfect, good for them. But it's surely nobody I have ever met. How about you??

Why would anybody that ignorant of finances borrow a bunch of money?

Oh, Obama said he was going to pay their bills?

Four years after the fact and you jack nuts stillcan't figure out why we rejected McCain/Palin, can you?

Now THAT is a deflection.

No, Obama did not say he'd pay anyones bills. He 'played' on the stupid people who thought he would, and they voted for him thinking he would help them in that way.

He played on their stupidity. He didnt have to lie and actually SAY anything. Just let them keep thinking he would.

Oh, okay...

Quantify how he "played" on stupid people.

Oh wait, you say he didn't actually say something?

Thanks for playing.

lol...are you really that niave to not know how a politician uses the gift of gab to lead people to believe one thingt without actually saying it...so he can "go to the videotape" to show he didnt say it?

Like his little college campaign tour. Not ONCE has he said in his speeches that the GOP disagrees that the interest rate should be frozen.....yet if you ask any of those students, they will tell you that the denmocratic party wants to freeze the interest rates and the GOP does not.

He is saying....."I will do everything in my power to ensure your interest rates do not increase"

That IMPLIES there is resistance....yet there is not....

It is not what you say...it is how you say it.

Oh, Obama said he was going to pay their bills?

Four years after the fact and you jack nuts stillcan't figure out why we rejected McCain/Palin, can you?

No, Obama did not say he'd pay anyones bills. He 'played' on the stupid people who thought he would, and they voted for him thinking he would help them in that way.

He played on their stupidity. He didnt have to lie and actually SAY anything. Just let them keep thinking he would.

Oh, okay...

Thanks for playing.

when someone assumes something, and you allow that assumption to go unchallenged, knowing it is wrong but will benefit you, you are playing them.

Oh, okay...

Thanks for playing.

lol...are you really that niave to not know how a politician uses the gift of gab to lead people to believe one thingt without actually saying it...so he can "go to the videotape" to show he didnt say it?

Like his little college campaign tour. Not ONCE has he said in his speeches that the GOP disagrees that the interest rate should be frozen.....yet if you ask any of those students, they will tell you that the denmocratic party wants to freeze the interest rates and the GOP does not.

He is saying....."I will do everything in my power to ensure your interest rates do not increase"

That IMPLIES there is resistance....yet there is not....

It is not what you say...it is how you say it.

So....

You've got nothing.

Thanks for playing.

A couple of answers from kids (adults now) on the "How could you be so stupid" question.

Answer: I love that question: why didn't you read the contract. Well, I was 17 on my first loan and about 19 on my second one. Didn't even have a checking account and never had a credit card at that time. Read the contract? yeah, I read it and "Trusted" that the government wouldn't give me the shaft. I mean how could they do that to me, I was just a kid and had big dreams. How did I know they would retroactively change the law after I took out my loan and that this loan would follow me to my grave. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that no where in my contract does it say if I default that my interest would be capitalized. They sort of left that out for future use.

Answer: Nobody can follow when the government changes the rules in the middle of the game. They do it all the time. This is why we need reform, and we need to pass H.R. 4170, to restore some sanity and responsibility to the system. Consumer advocates back in the 80s reformed insurance company policies and forced them to write insurance coverage in understandable language. This is what we need now with student loans. Obviously this is proving to be true, as Consumer Finance Protection Bureau is beginning to listen to the people, and proposing these types of changes. And, as far as these perfect people, who read everything, I don't believe 99% of them. They would have to prove it to me first. If they are that perfect, good for them. But it's surely nobody I have ever met. How about you??

The bolded part is where she really exposes her stupidity.

Forum List

Back