Forgive Student Loan Debt

When has Obama said he is going to abolish student debt?

He didn't. However, when running for office in 2008, he never said he was going to pay peoples bills, yet people believed he would and voted for him...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FCmfo2Ft4]obama will pay my bills!! - YouTube[/ame]

What's different now?

So the fact that some people are fucking stupid is Obama's fault?

BINGO! Obama is banking on the support of stupid people in order to win the next election. The smart folks understand his policies are destructive and untenable.

Same thing with a car payment or house payment. Just because you die doesn't mean that loan should not be paid off.
You buy a new car, you wreck it, you still pay off that loan, even though you don't have the new car any longer.
When you co sign anything and something happens to the one who took out the loan. That loan still has to be paid off.

Absent a co-signer, death discharges student debt, as it should.

Once it gets all it can from the estate.

Incorrect.

He didn't. However, when running for office in 2008, he never said he was going to pay peoples bills, yet people believed he would and voted for him...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FCmfo2Ft4]obama will pay my bills!! - YouTube[/ame]

What's different now?

and some are stupid enough to think that all liberals are like that dumb woman.
Who is dumber?

Oh, yes. Short-sighted jackasses, who should have known the law would be changed mid-stream.

How about this one? The dad should keep working, right? That's my guess. His son's death should absolutely not affect the debt.

Bank relents on loan for dead S.J. student | Courier-Post | courierpostonline.com

Bryski, a 25-year-old Rutgers University graduate, died in 2006 after suffering catastrophic injuries in a fall two years earlier. His father, Joe, who had co-signed private loans of about $50,000 for his son’s college education, then had to come out of retirement to make monthly payments on the debt.

The family, which tried for six years to have the debt discharged by Key Bank, said the Cleveland-based firm now has agreed to do that. The change came after Ryan Bryski, Christopher’s brother, began an online petition drive that drew 80,000 signatures in less than a week.

“When Christopher died, my family didn’t just lose a loved one — we inherited debt for an education that will never be used,” Ryan Bryski said in the online petitition.

this is a very sad story and the circumstances are unique.
But they are not unique of you change the circumstances...but having the same result...

For example.....you buy a used car for 15K. You cant afford the cash outright, so you dip into your heloc....15k loan.

Likewise, being a used car, you minimize the insurance on it and only get what you legally need...liability.

The car is stolen. No insurance.

You are now paying off a Heloc without the car that the Heloc paid for.

Or how about this...you bought that car for your son who tragicly died in a car accident. No insurance.

Your son is dead and you are paying for a car he no longer can use...and the car no longer exists.

As sad as it all sounds....that is part of life...it sux...but it is part of life.

obama will pay my bills!! - YouTube

What's different now?

BINGO! Obama is banking on the support of stupid people in order to win the next election. The smart folks understand his policies are destructive and untenable.

All politicians do that.

What's different now?

No...the fact that Obama PLAYED on the stupid so he can get their votes is what pisses me off.

What's different now?

Did I say it was? No, I was simply explaining the other posters reasoning. I did not say I agreed with it.

Also, I was pointing out that stupid people believed it last time, stupid people might believe it this time as well.

So what? It's a pointless deflection.

Is "forgive" just the typical big gov't code word for "tax people different than me to pay for"?

There's no way around it. Democrats depend on people being so ignorant they can't possibly take care of themselves.

If you co-sign for a loan, get a little cheap term life insurance policy for the life of the loan. If you buy a new car, spend two bucks extra for gap coverage so the loan is paid off if the car is wrecked and isn't worth as much as the loan balance.

We are supposed to be stupid to advance the interests of a government that needs stupid people.

Did I say it was? No, I was simply explaining the other posters reasoning. I did not say I agreed with it.

Also, I was pointing out that stupid people believed it last time, stupid people might believe it this time as well.

So what? It's a pointless deflection.

Hardly. I pointed out, like others just have, how Obama 'played' stupid people in 2008, and by trying to do something with student loans, is 'playing' people this time around as well.

Hopefully, people will not be as stupid as 2008.

My son will finish college after 1 more year. I've been drilling into his head since high school that the first thing he does with each check when (if) he gets a job after college, is make a loan payment... and pay extra if you can manage it.

My son also graduates next year. In high school we made sure he understood he could study anything he wanted. If it was an employable field, we would help. If was something stupid, he was on his own. He attended a local university instead of taveling away so lives at home. He goes to school full time and works part time (and has since high school) and helps defray his expenses.

He'll graduate with $0 debt and about $20,000 in his bank account.

Whew - dodged the bullet on that one.

>>>>

Once it gets all it can from the estate.

Incorrect.
Ohh OK. I expected it iwas like any other debt owed.

Not student debt.

It's fair. Student debt is borrowed with earning expectation to repay. Death effectively erases that expectation.

Student loans are a safe bet for lenders so it's not unreasonable that they assume that miniscle risk.

As I said, it's simply mitigated by others interest rates.

Guess all I can say is it's a good thing the bank is more humane than you lot.
Explain how a lender is responsible for the poor decisions its borrower and therefore should just give up the money it is owed.
And where are all the complaints of "price gouging" by Big Edumacation?

What's different now?

No...the fact that Obama PLAYED on the stupid so he can get their votes is what pisses me off.

Oh, Obama said he was going to pay their bills?

Four years after the fact and you jack nuts stillcan't figure out why we rejected McCain/Palin, can you?

Four years after the fact and you jack nuts stillcan't figure out why we rejected McCain/Palin, can you?

Now THAT is a deflection.

No, Obama did not say he'd pay anyones bills. He 'played' on the stupid people who thought he would, and they voted for him thinking he would help them in that way.

He played on their stupidity. He didnt have to lie and actually SAY anything. Just let them keep thinking he would.

Explain how a lender is responsible for the poor decisions its borrower and therefore should just give up the money it is owed.

You mean like with a lender of last resort? :rolleyes:

This is Obama's political ploy to get the college students to vote for him. That is all this is.
Same old Democratic ploy, vote for me and your student loans will be forgiven. Also add I'm the cool President vote for me.

Obama wants student loans to be forgiven in 20 years, instead of 25 years.
Wrong way to go. It doesn't make any student responsible to to pay the loans off. Just let them sit for 25 or 20 years and then you don't need to pay them.
How about he wanted an increase in pell grants.

Now THAT is a deflection.

No, Obama did not say he'd pay anyones bills. He 'played' on the stupid people who thought he would, and they voted for him thinking he would help them in that way.

He played on their stupidity. He didnt have to lie and actually SAY anything. Just let them keep thinking he would.

Oh, okay...

Quantify how he "played" on stupid people.

Oh wait, you say he didn't actually say something?

Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back