For those who say schools aren't brain washing our kids with liberalism

So WTF does that have to do with teaching middle school social studies?
OBVIOUSLY--they need to at least stop the ridiculous history studies that go into detail/cut back on them because we are lacking behind in reading, math and science
...you mentioned ''dumbing down'' ..no--it would enhance learning the more critical subjects
if you can't read---it's harder to learn the other subjects
my daughter was the best reader. in grade school ..we went to the library every week
she's was the best in her class in grade school and all As in high school--and this with taking higher classes
plus, big readers also do well in English classes---and also do well in writing essays/stories/etc

Unfortunately, that is not your decision.

Not every person is going to grow up to be a conservative, especially if they do not learn the lessons of history. I guess you encourage the mental defect known as liberalism by not teaching history?

I agree that reading is important and that is why many of our kids are lagging behind the so-called average students in other countries.

You really should look into those international testing comparisons to see the truth.

If I test students bound for Harvard in the US, and you test students bound for auto body repair vocational training in another country who is going to do better?

Those other countries do not test:
a) minorities because they simply don't have them.
b) special education students with learning disabilities
c) children in their poorest areas like we do

It is an apples and oranges comparison on so many levels it is ridiculous.
hahah
history should be an elective in high school
what job positions require it?
politicians/history teachers/........? what else?
there are a LOT of people out there that have no idea about history--including on this forum
tell me what you need it for
and the story of Rockwell Tory doesn't count ...I've got the DVD

I am sorry. I can't understand our post because you were obviously absent the day they taught punctuation.

"history should be an elective in high school"

Is that a question or a statement? A little help is needed here.

My state requires 3 years of history/government.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

I guess you have no problem raising another generation of brain-dead liberals.

OBVIOUSLY--they need to at least stop the ridiculous history studies that go into detail/cut back on them because we are lacking behind in reading, math and science
...you mentioned ''dumbing down'' ..no--it would enhance learning the more critical subjects
my daughter was the best reader. in grade school ..we went to the library every week
she's was the best in her class in grade school and all As in high school--and this with taking higher classes
plus, big readers also do well in English classes---and also do well in writing essays/stories/etc

Not every person is going to grow up to be a conservative, especially if they do not learn the lessons of history. I guess you encourage the mental defect known as liberalism by not teaching history?

I agree that reading is important and that is why many of our kids are lagging behind the so-called average students in other countries.

You really should look into those international testing comparisons to see the truth.

If I test students bound for Harvard in the US, and you test students bound for auto body repair vocational training in another country who is going to do better?

US history--fine, but not the other crap

What other crap?

Mike, news flash....anybody here who finds Trump a great president, who voted for him, etc....have no creds....now either find a new hobby or a new boyfriend

post # 18 points are not for grade shcoolers
more math, science, reading, English at that grade
the US is behind a lot of countries in those areas
history details are not that important--especially at that age
not dumbing down--learning more efficiently--what's more important
U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries

Again, where did you get your education degree?
On the world stage, U.S. students fall behind
American Kids Lag in Math, Science
that's where

the amount of what they learn per historical incident--is probably counter-productive
1. they can't go into the details that actually are the critical, factual realities
2. because of #1, you have some high school and college teachers that put their own spin on reality--not the truth
3. once out of high school, a lot of these kids couldn't care less about history--as soon as they get the diploma--it's forgotten--forever

What other crap?
Persian battles, Agincourt, Lenin, French Renaissance, etc

the amount of what they learn per historical incident--is probably counter-productive
1. they can't go into the details that actually are the critical, factual realities
2. because of #1, you have some high school and college teachers that put their own spin on reality--not the truth
3. once out of high school, a lot of these kids couldn't care less about history--as soon as they get the diploma--it's forgotten--forever

I have a suggestion for you! Go back to college, get a degree and certification to teach history and then you can decide what gets taught and when. Think you could do that?

Of course you can't, so don't bother. It would not do you any good. State boards of education determine what is taught and when. Teachers don't decide. Teaching that appeasement was a bad method for dealing with Hitler plays write into Obama's appeasement of Iran.

I'll be honest. I never learned the real history of this country until I went to college and could spend the time to learn the finer details. However, when I taught it, I did not fall for the shallow explanations that were included in my high school lessons.

If the kids want to blow it off and don't remember it, oh well! I did my job. Maybe some will not become liberals because of their ignorance.

What other crap?

Those are usually covered by a broad range of classes in high school. Why do you think they are not important?

hahah
there are a LOT of people out there that have no idea about history--including on this forum
I don't agree that history should be an elective in high school.
Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. (G. Santayana)
Patterns are established. No, we can never compare the current situation exactly to something in the past, but when we see major similarities and the outcome was horrible the first time, we can put on the brakes.
Everyone needs basic history, especially the history of their country.

Sponge bob and my little pony for middle schoolers? Seriously?

That was my first thought, as well. Both my kids would have been insulted and just rolled their eyes instead of taking it seriously.

By all means, let's get our 14 year olds to think critically by treating them as if they are 7, instead.

hahah
Patterns are established. No, we can never compare the current situation exactly to something in the past, but when we see major similarities and the outcome was horrible the first time, we can put on the brakes.
'''those who remember the past'''--this is ridiculous .......did you not read my posts??
most people have NO idea of history.........they don't and can't teach enough of history for the students to really know what happened--it's counter productive
how is teaching about the Renaissance going to help?
how is learning about hitler going to help?
once they get that diploma--history is the farthest from most students' minds

was the Vietnam War good or bad?
good---the US tried to save a country, ..did save many that escaped the evil NV rulers
bad-millions were killed for nothing
what's the student supposed to think??

Christianity/Crusades
good--the Christians want to better and help peoples
bad--the Christians raped/pillaged a CATHOLIC town during the Crusades for ---$$$$$$$ !!
The Siege of Zara or Siege of Zadar (Croatian: Opsada Zadra, Hungarian: Zára ostroma; 10–24 November 1202) was the first major action of the Fourth Crusadeand the first attack against a Catholic city by Catholic crusaders.
Siege of Zara - Wikipedia

first you have to learn the true-real history, before you can remember it

What other crap?

Those are usually covered by a broad range of classes in high school. Why do you think they are not important?
see post # 50

hahah
'''those who remember the past'''--this is ridiculous .......did you not read my posts??
most people have NO idea of history.........they don't and can't teach enough of history for the students to really know what happened--it's counter productive

good---the US tried to save a country, ..did save many that escaped the evil NV rulers

Christianity/Crusades
bad--the Christians raped/pillaged a CATHOLIC town during the Crusades for ---$$$$$$$ !!
The Siege of Zara or Siege of Zadar (Croatian: Opsada Zadra, Hungarian: Zára ostroma; 10–24 November 1202) was the first major action of the Fourth Crusadeand the first attack against a Catholic city by Catholic crusaders.

I think I have discovered the problem. You simply do not understand history, so you hate the fact that others get it and you didn't.

Fair enough!

hahah

Christianity/Crusades

I think I have discovered the problem. You simply do not understand history, so you hate the fact that others get it and you didn't.

Fair enough!
please answer:
what jobs need history knowledge?
business--no
computers--no
engineer--no
nurse/medical-no
athletics-no
manufacturing--no
accounting-no
- Accounting - Executive - Manufacturing
- Admin & Clerical - Franchise - Nonprofit
- Banking & Finance - Government - Part Time
- Business Opportunities - Health Care - Retail
- Contract & Freelance - Hospitality - Sales & Marketing
- Customer Service - Human Resources - Science & Biotech
- Diversity Opportunities - Information Technology - Transportation
- Engineering - Internships & College

Job Categories
Start your search by using any of the following job categories...
- Accounting - General Business - Other
- Admin & Clerical - General Labor - Pharmaceutical
- Automotive - Government - Professional Services
- Banking - Grocery - Purchasing - Procurement
- Biotech - Health Care - QA - Quality Control
- Broadcast - Journalism - Hotel - Hospitality - Real Estate
- Business Development - Human Resources - Research
- Construction - Information Technology - Restaurant - Food Service
- Consultant - Installation - Maint - Repair - Retail
- Customer Service - Insurance - Sales
- Design - Inventory - Science
- Distribution - Shipping - Legal - Skilled Labor - Trades
- Education - Teaching - Legal Admin - Strategy - Planning
- Engineering - Management - Supply Chain
- Entry Level - New Grad - Manufacturing - Telecommunications
- Executive - Marketing - Training
- Facilities - Media - Journalism - Newspaper - Transportation
- Finance - Nonprofit - Social Services - Warehouse
no no no no

except Journalism, Teaching, and that's about it

Schools are teaching kids to Appease Hitler, so that perhaps in the future they will do that to another dictator, and the regressives are chomping at the bit to support that! Sounds like they want to create another jughead to me.

hahah

Christianity/Crusades

Fair enough!
and then you see why a foreigner would get a job over an American

hahah

Christianity/Crusades

Fair enough!
please answer:
what jobs need history knowledge?
business--no
computers--no
engineer--no
nurse/medical-no
athletics-no
manufacturing--no
accounting-no
- Accounting - Executive - Manufacturing
- Admin & Clerical - Franchise - Nonprofit
- Banking & Finance - Government - Part Time
- Business Opportunities - Health Care - Retail
- Contract & Freelance - Hospitality - Sales & Marketing
- Customer Service - Human Resources - Science & Biotech
- Diversity Opportunities - Information Technology - Transportation
- Engineering - Internships & College

Job Categories
Start your search by using any of the following job categories...
- Accounting - General Business - Other
- Admin & Clerical - General Labor - Pharmaceutical
- Automotive - Government - Professional Services
- Banking - Grocery - Purchasing - Procurement
- Biotech - Health Care - QA - Quality Control
- Broadcast - Journalism - Hotel - Hospitality - Real Estate
- Business Development - Human Resources - Research
- Construction - Information Technology - Restaurant - Food Service
- Consultant - Installation - Maint - Repair - Retail
- Customer Service - Insurance - Sales
- Design - Inventory - Science
- Distribution - Shipping - Legal - Skilled Labor - Trades
- Education - Teaching - Legal Admin - Strategy - Planning
- Engineering - Management - Supply Chain
- Entry Level - New Grad - Manufacturing - Telecommunications
- Executive - Marketing - Training
- Facilities - Media - Journalism - Newspaper - Transportation
- Finance - Nonprofit - Social Services - Warehouse
no no no no

except Journalism, Teaching, and that's about it

Everyone needs to know history, but not necessarily for their job.

Why is there a difference in Catholics and Protestants?Try to explain that without a historical context.

Don't you think there is a reason why Arabs and Jews don't get along? Try to explain that without a historical context.

Why are most northern cities predominantly minority but the countryside is almost pure white? Try to explain that without a historical context.

There are billions of more examples of why you are wrong.

Pretty much the basis of liberalism is to change humanity from one that limits its self to worship of a being that does all for humanity to one that instead does all for its self.
Liberalism is about liberty and small govt. You are an idiot.
Dumbfucks like you took over a perfectly decent brand. Sad.

hahah

Christianity/Crusades

Fair enough!
and then you see why a foreigner would get a job over an American

No. I don't.

You are are trying to oversimplify everything.

For example, foreigners do not do well as teachers because the subject of history of this country is foreign to them. Also, language difficulties make it difficult for any foreign teacher to be successful in many academic areas. One of my college professors was English and actually participated in the Suez Crisis, but he spoke the language easily. On the other hand, I had a physics professor from China who needed a translator so badly that he was openly mocked in the student newspaper.

The same is true for many other occupations.

You are projecting. That is all.

Forum List

Back