For those who say schools aren't brain washing our kids with liberalism

Has anyone heard from Neville Chamberlain on this? Or Mr Appease Obama?

what grades are that middle school?
...they said they are trying to teach the complex issues that lead up to WW2--if that is for grade schoolers--I think they can't really teach them that at that age.....that should be taught in high school--not grade school

Grades 6 through 8 normally are considered middle school, but sometimes grades 5 and 9 are included.

I take it that you are in favor of dumbing down education.
they can learn the basics of WW2--but understanding the complexity of hitler, politics, etc leading up to WW2 is beyond that age.....there is so much to it ......
....the SA helped hitler gain power with harassment/beatings/killings/etc
the Nazis actually got a lot of votes!
Hindenburg--who didn't like hitler--appointed him chancellor
hitler then attacked the SA
hitler got rid of a lot of rights and elections
etc
You don't have to go into painstaking detail on the first go round. Build a basic scaffold and in a few years go back and fill in the details.

At least this time the liberals ain't trying to get in the kids pants

You mean like the article I just posted bahaah
You Will Be Shocked When You Learn What Planned Parenthood Wants To Teach Preschoolers About Sex

...they said they are trying to teach the complex issues that lead up to WW2--if that is for grade schoolers--I think they can't really teach them that at that age.....that should be taught in high school--not grade school

Grades 6 through 8 normally are considered middle school, but sometimes grades 5 and 9 are included.

they can learn the basics of WW2--but understanding the complexity of hitler, politics, etc leading up to WW2 is beyond that age.....there is so much to it ......
....the SA helped hitler gain power with harassment/beatings/killings/etc
the Nazis actually got a lot of votes!
Hindenburg--who didn't like hitler--appointed him chancellor
hitler then attacked the SA
hitler got rid of a lot of rights and elections
etc

Where did you get your degree in history and your teacher certification?

post # 18 points are not for grade shcoolers
more math, science, reading, English at that grade
the US is behind a lot of countries in those areas
history details are not that important--especially at that age
not dumbing down--learning more efficiently--what's more important
U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries

Again, where did you get your education degree?

^ They don't need degrees, regressives know it all!

U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries

this is relevant how?

this is relevant how?

You are talking like an expert on pedagogy. I just wondered where you got your training.

On the world stage, U.S. students fall behind
American Kids Lag in Math, Science
that's where

this is relevant how?

You are talking like an expert on pedagogy. I just wondered where you got your training.
US students lag peers in East Asia, Russia in math, science
and here

that's where

So WTF does that have to do with teaching middle school social studies?

this is relevant how?

US students lag peers in East Asia, Russia in math, science
and here

Again, same question: WTF does that have to do with teaching middle school social studies?

that's where

OBVIOUSLY--they need to at least stop the ridiculous history studies that go into detail/cut back on them because we are lacking behind in reading, math and science
...you mentioned ''dumbing down'' ..no--it would enhance learning the more critical subjects
if you can't read---it's harder to learn the other subjects
my daughter was the best reader. in grade school ..we went to the library every week
she's was the best in her class in grade school and all As in high school--and this with taking higher classes
plus, big readers also do well in English classes---and also do well in writing essays/stories/etc

that's where

OBVIOUSLY--they need to at least stop the ridiculous history studies that go into detail/cut back on them because we are lacking behind in reading, math and science
...you mentioned ''dumbing down'' ..no--it would enhance learning the more critical subjects
my daughter was the best reader. in grade school ..we went to the library every week
she's was the best in her class in grade school and all As in high school--and this with taking higher classes
plus, big readers also do well in English classes---and also do well in writing essays/stories/etc

Unfortunately, that is not your decision.

Not every person is going to grow up to be a conservative, especially if they do not learn the lessons of history. I guess you encourage the mental defect known as liberalism by not teaching history?

I agree that reading is important and that is why many of our kids are lagging behind the so-called average students in other countries.

You really should look into those international testing comparisons to see the truth.

If I test students bound for Harvard in the US, and you test students bound for auto body repair vocational training in another country who is going to do better?

Those other countries do not test:
a) minorities because they simply don't have them.
b) special education students with learning disabilities
c) children in their poorest areas like we do

It is an apples and oranges comparison on so many levels it is ridiculous.

that's where

Not every person is going to grow up to be a conservative, especially if they do not learn the lessons of history. I guess you encourage the mental defect known as liberalism by not teaching history?

I agree that reading is important and that is why many of our kids are lagging behind the so-called average students in other countries.

You really should look into those international testing comparisons to see the truth.

If I test students bound for Harvard in the US, and you test students bound for auto body repair vocational training in another country who is going to do better?

hahah
history should be an elective in high school
what job positions require it?
politicians/history teachers/........? what else?
there are a LOT of people out there that have no idea about history--including on this forum
tell me what you need it for
and the story of Rockwell Tory doesn't count ...I've got the DVD

that's where

US history--fine, but not the other crap

Forum List

Back