For those who say schools aren't brain washing our kids with liberalism

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Sick pos out there...

Hitler-themed homework upsets parents of Illinois middle school students

1513017035533.jpg

Some parents were upset after middle school students received an Adolph Hitler-themed homework assignment. (FOX43)

Parents at a middle school in Gurnee, Illinois are upset after their kids received a controversial Hitler-themed assignment.

One mother said she was “flabbergasted” after she found SpongeBob SquarePants with swastikas in her son’s language arts homework online, FOX 43 reported.

Kelly Masterton told WGN her eighth grade son, Michael, was given the assignment at Woodland Middle School last week called “If You Give Hitler a Country” modeled after the children’s book, “If you give a mouse a cookie.” The assignment had a cartoon-like “My Little Pony” in a Nazi uniform saluting over a map of Europe.

The students were instructed to “create a comic strip for little kids that exemplifies Europe’s appeasement towards Hitler,” using “fun and colorful” pictures....

What is the point of school/college if not to teach critical thinking and expand ones knowledge? Liberalism is based on humanism and the seeking of personal advancement outside of the narrow religious belief.

If "conservationism" today is based on limiting one to a life to of worship of one god and you can't accept any kind of science. Then I ask you what is the need of such knowledge or advancement within conservatism?

If teaching children to accept other people and act in a civilized manner is so evil based on these religious beliefs then once again the very goal of education is a bad thing in conservatism.

Sick pos out there...

1513017035533.jpg

Some parents were upset after middle school students received an Adolph Hitler-themed homework assignment. (FOX43)

Parents at a middle school in Gurnee, Illinois are upset after their kids received a controversial Hitler-themed assignment.

One mother said she was “flabbergasted” after she found SpongeBob SquarePants with swastikas in her son’s language arts homework online, FOX 43 reported.

Kelly Masterton told WGN her eighth grade son, Michael, was given the assignment at Woodland Middle School last week called “If You Give Hitler a Country” modeled after the children’s book, “If you give a mouse a cookie.” The assignment had a cartoon-like “My Little Pony” in a Nazi uniform saluting over a map of Europe.

The students were instructed to “create a comic strip for little kids that exemplifies Europe’s appeasement towards Hitler,” using “fun and colorful” pictures....

It's a pretty creative way for students to show their understanding of Europe's appeasement of Hitler. More fun than an essay. I don't know what the parents were upset about.

Sick pos out there...

1513017035533.jpg

how is showing appeasement of hitler and how it resulted in WWII a problem?

:cuckoo:

Sick pos out there...

1513017035533.jpg

It's a pretty creative way for students to show their understanding of Europe's appeasement of Hitler. More fun than an essay. I don't know what the parents were upset about.

you used the magic word.... learn.

trumptards hate that.

Pretty much the basis of liberalism is to change humanity from one that limits its self to worship of a being that does all for humanity to one that instead does all for its self.
What on Earth has this got to do with God?

Sick pos out there...

1513017035533.jpg

It talks about appeasement of Hitler. Why would a liberal advocate for appeasement knowing the end result? It's about historical facts.

There is no liberalism in this assignment. You are off the mark, just like the parents!

what grades are that middle school?
...they said they are trying to teach the complex issues that lead up to WW2--if that is for grade schoolers--I think they can't really teach them that at that age.....that should be taught in high school--not grade school

...they said they are trying to teach the complex issues that lead up to WW2--if that is for grade schoolers--I think they can't really teach them that at that age.....that should be taught in high school--not grade school
Middle school is usually grades 6-8. 7 and 8th are able to take in appeasement. It's not that complex. Ass kissing is easy enough to understand.

Grades 6 through 8 normally are considered middle school, but sometimes grades 5 and 9 are included.

I take it that you are in favor of dumbing down education.

Grades 6 through 8 normally are considered middle school, but sometimes grades 5 and 9 are included.

they can learn the basics of WW2--but understanding the complexity of hitler, politics, etc leading up to WW2 is beyond that age.....there is so much to it ......
....the SA helped hitler gain power with harassment/beatings/killings/etc
the Nazis actually got a lot of votes!
Hindenburg--who didn't like hitler--appointed him chancellor
hitler then attacked the SA
hitler got rid of a lot of rights and elections
etc

post # 18 points are not for grade shcoolers
more math, science, reading, English at that grade
the US is behind a lot of countries in those areas
history details are not that important--especially at that age
not dumbing down--learning more efficiently--what's more important
U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries

Forum List

Back