For God so loved the world....

Because Jesus is part of the equation

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else
Believing doesn’t make you a Christian
nor, secures your salvation either

“Judge not lest ye be judged.”

Isn’t that what Jesus said?

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.

I am very wary of those proclaiming absolute truth about anything they cannot prove, as you are now. It is the source of conflict, division and hatred, whether that is your intention or not.

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.

I am very wary of those proclaiming absolute truth about anything they cannot prove, as you are now. It is the source of conflict, division and hatred, whether that is your intention or not.

That is your right. But then you cannot call yourself a Christian.

Jesus said, "Do not think I came to bring peace on earth. I came not to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

I hope so.

Sue is very judgmental.

Additionally: a Christian loves Jesus Christ, and His Truth, more than the division, conflict, and yes, even hatred His Truth will cause.

I know you don't realize this, but it's true.

I hope so.

Sue is very judgmental.

And one more: I simply do not believe you, as you probably proclaim all kinds of 'absolute truths' you cannot prove at least a dozen times a day.

You just don't want to do it about things that can offend. You have bought into the real religion of the 21st century. It is what it is--the great deception of our age.

You're worth ignoring.
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Small minds argue the man. You keep referring to my profession, trying to needle in. Small minds. Not worth the bother.

Small minds are also closed minded and demand fealty and total acceptance of something that can only be taken on faith and cannot be proven.

Oh stop. Give it a rest. You proclaimed what you are NOT. You are by no means a Christian. No one is demanding fealty and total acceptance, not even the God who created you. Stop with the dramatics.

If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.
How so, when there are so many among us who reject the Bible.
I thought most Americans were Christians? I thought this was a Christian nation?

Isn’t McConnell, Ryan an trump Christians?

Remember what trump said about leadership. No matter what happens you’re responsible

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.
I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is
You don’t know if Trump is a Christian,
by Christ’s own standards,
but, by Christ’s own standards, you know Toro is not

Really

Yes. Because Toro said blatantly that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God.

That is disqualifying. If Trump said that, it would also be disqualifying.

YOU’RE A LIAR!

If you can’t determine whether or not
Trump is a “Christian”, according to Christ’s own standards
then you are in no position to determine
anyone’s standing with God

You are too wise in your own eyes darling!

You don’t know how God is working in someone’s life

Many are called, FEW are chosen

Faith, believing in Christ is enough
when standing alone on specific verses...

It is not enough when standing alongside
the rest of Scripture

How so, when there are so many among us who reject the Bible.
I thought most Americans were Christians? I thought this was a Christian nation?

Remember what trump said about leadership. No matter what happens you’re responsible

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.
I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

If you will read what I said and go back, you will see I said I do not know for sure, but I do not BELIEVE Trump is a Christian. However, from what he said here, I know Toro is not a Christian because he said the Gospel itself is "arrogance". That itself is disqualifying. And he has confirmed it again and again by what he has said.

Faith shows itself in deeds. By his deeds Trump shows (me, just me, but not fully) that he is PROBABLY not a Christian. By his deeds, Toro showed me that he is almost certainly NOT a Christian because he denied the very heart of the Christian message. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Wow, that’s pretty bold to proclaim you are rightly judging
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
Wow...who cares about your church

By Christ’s own standards,
you shouldn’t be a member of that church...
NO ONE would belong to that church

Of course I am rightly judging. I am judging by what he himself said. He said Jesus is not the only way to God and even saying such a thing is "arrogance". That is saying the very Gospel itself is "arrogance". That is a message antithetical to Christianity.

You seem to not understand the difference between saving faith and deeds. Are you Catholic?
Of course I am rightly judging. I am judging by what he himself said. He said Jesus is not the only way to God and even saying such a thing is "arrogance". That is saying the very Gospel itself is "arrogance". That is a message antithetical to Christianity.

You seem to not understand the difference between saving faith and deeds. Are you Catholic?
No, you are not rightly judging

You are judging whether someone is a Christian or not

God hates religion and so did Jesus

I am not Catholic and I understand the difference between
faith and deeds...

You believe that there is one God.
You do well. Even the demons believe, and tremble!

But, do you want to know, O foolish man,
that faith without works is dead?

James 2:19-20

Works will not earn salvation,
but, true faith is manifested in works

God is about relationship, not religion

I want to correct one thing I said in this thread in too much haste: the ONLY way to God is through Jesus Christ, but everyone will have the opportunity to know about Him, even those who came before, in the Second Coming. Living a "moral life" is not enough even before Jesus was born, but everyone will have the chance to make their choice--again, which is fair.

God is fair and just. Those of us who are alive NOW, however, of course, do not have this excuse.

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.

faith and deeds...

Yes indeed, and a great portion of the Epistles is about judging your brother--false prophets. Did you not know this? We are admonished to do this throughout. I would agree that we are not to judge someone's faith in Christ for light reasons. But when someone says they don't believe that Jesus is the only way to God--and to say that is even "arrogant"--that is absolutely disqualifying. I stand by that absolutely, and make no apologies for it.

Sue is very judgmental.

faith and deeds...

"God is about relationship, not religion"

Too simplistic by half. Have you read the Old Testament? That wasn't completely blown away, you know. God is VERY MUCH about religion.

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

If you will read what I said and go back, you will see I said I do not know for sure, but I do not BELIEVE Trump is a Christian. However, from what he said here, I know Toro is not a Christian because he said the Gospel itself is "arrogance". That itself is disqualifying. And he has confirmed it again and again by what he has said.

Faith shows itself in deeds. By his deeds Trump shows (me, just me, but not fully) that he is PROBABLY not a Christian. By his deeds, Toro showed me that he is almost certainly NOT a Christian because he denied the very heart of the Christian message. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.
I said I do not know for sure,
If you’re not sure then you are not an authority
on Christ’s own standards
I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.
I don’t know how to make myself clearer

I hope so.

Sue is very judgmental.

You should learn to properly use the quote function.

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

I said I do not know for sure,
If you’re not sure then you are not an authority
on Christ’s own standards
I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.
I don’t know how to make myself clearer

The Bible is very clear where Christ has made it clear. And that is what I am citing. Trump has not said anything disqualifying, but the poster in question here, did. Per Christ, per His standards. Which I am citing.

Christians do not have to check their reasoning and brains at the door to be Christian. If someone is clearly anti-Christianity in what they say, IT IS OKAY to say they're not Christian. Yes, even per Scripture. Jesus Himself said beware of false prophets (Matthew 7)

she can, I can about Toro or anyone else who REJECTS Christ as the only way. Christ said He is. You reject that. Therefore you are NOt Christian. That is an ABSOLUTE.

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

It is not necessary for me to judge him or even have an opinion about him.

I see that God is absolutely USING him (not the same as being Christian).

I joke about it, but God IS with him AT THIS TIME BECAUSE HE ACKNOWLEDGES GOD.

This is what actually motivates their hatred for Trump. It is a spiritual thing eating at their souls

Forum List

Back