For God so loved the world....

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV).

This passage, called the "Gospel in a nutshell" is the most quoted verse in the Bible, and with good reason.

How can any Christian ever lose hope, knowing that God is on our side, and that He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our own sinful nature?

I know, that despite all the hardships I've faced, all the failures and disappointments, that God loves me, and loves me so much that he let his only Son die on a cross to allow me to obtain eternal life with him in heaven.

I ask all Christians to ponder on this, because it means that all we do in this world is a side-show. This is not our home, never was, our true home is with God.

Of course, we must pray, obey the Commandments, and do good works, but ultimately we can't earn our way to heaven, Jesus Christ has already done everything necessary for us to get into heaven.

If there is a God, why do you presume it's the Christian God?

Maybe it's the Muslim God.

Or a God you've never conceptualized.

Human beings create constructs that satisfy their deepest emotional needs. Religion is a perfect example of this.

...that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV).

This passage, called the "Gospel in a nutshell" is the most quoted verse in the Bible, and with good reason.

How can any Christian ever lose hope, knowing that God is on our side, and that He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our own sinful nature?

I know, that despite all the hardships I've faced, all the failures and disappointments, that God loves me, and loves me so much that he let his only Son die on a cross to allow me to obtain eternal life with him in heaven.

I ask all Christians to ponder on this, because it means that all we do in this world is a side-show. This is not our home, never was, our true home is with God.

Of course, we must pray, obey the Commandments, and do good works, but ultimately we can't earn our way to heaven, Jesus Christ has already done everything necessary for us to get into heaven.

Will there be "grabbing them by the pussy" in heaven?
An excellent question....considering all we've been seeing as far as the support of CRCs the last few years.

Human beings create constructs that satisfy their deepest emotional needs. Religion is a perfect example of this.
There ARE multiple gods...even the 10 Commandments make that claim.

If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.

You CAN know. You've CHOSEN to be deceived. Right now, you reject Christ's sacrifice.

You CAN know. You've CHOSEN to be deceived. Right now, you reject Christ's sacrifice.
We ARE allowed to do that...We ARE allowed to not believe in your religion. You DO know that, right?

If atheism isnt a religion, why does the Religion forum attract the God Haters like flies?

There ARE multiple gods...even the 10 Commandments make that claim.
TRUE. But only one that created me....or my lineage. Allah, budda, Habjab,Guido and those other fuckers I'll just bitch slap as needed.

Terrible parenting.

I would like to point out That that verse is missing in older biblical bibles such as the Gutenberg Bible but if your job was to convert everyone to Christianity then it would be good to put it in there at some point to hit the unwary or uneducated over the head to see things your way... Wink Wink...

I would like to point out That that verse is missing in older biblical bibles such as the Gutenberg Bible but if your job was to convert everyone to Christianity then it would be good to put it in there at some point to hit the unwary or uneducated over the head to see things your way... Wink Wink...

Yes, you are correct. There IS something in the Bible that is related to that kind of wording that demonstrates what Christ wanted us to really know:

"24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matthew 13: 24 - 30

Presupposing God loved the world, it was because of his Holy seed that was in the field. Even with John 3: 16 it does not say that God loved everyone IN the world. He loved the world because it contained HIS people.

Forum List

Back