For God so loved the world....

...that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV).

This passage, called the "Gospel in a nutshell" is the most quoted verse in the Bible, and with good reason.

How can any Christian ever lose hope, knowing that God is on our side, and that He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our own sinful nature?

Um, okay, let's look at this. We'll go with the premise that the Jesus Myth is real.

Jesus died, but he got better. Death was kind of like the Man-Flu for God/Jesus. I just can't get that worked up about it.

So God became Jesus and came down and got all Drama Queen and let himself get crucified, to erase a sin that happened because a Rib Woman listened to a talking snake and ate fruit from a magic tree after God said not to.

Because Jesus is part of the equation

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.
There is ONLY one path to GOD. That path must go through the Lord Jesus Christ and NONE go around HIM. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:5-6

If you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, you will go to Hell.
This is what I mean about some Christians being extraordinarily arrogant.
School ma'ams. Often wrong, never uncertain...

Toro is just as certain that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God. Yet somehow this is NOT "arrogant"

School marms: rationality just reduced your post to dust.

You CAN know. You've CHOSEN to be deceived. Right now, you reject Christ's sacrifice.

No, I'm a Christian, albeit a lazy one.

But this is message board.

And people such as yourself speak with certainty for which you cannot be certain, no matter how much you try to persuade yourself.

Rejected.

You're not a Christian. You refuse the Gospel itself and call it "arrogance".

I hope so.

But (some) Christians are extraordinarily arrogant assuming that there is only one path to God.
There is ONLY one path to GOD. That path must go through the Lord Jesus Christ and NONE go around HIM. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:5-6

So all the illiterates around the world throughout time who have otherwise led a moral life are in Hell.

Got it.

You CAN know. You've CHOSEN to be deceived. Right now, you reject Christ's sacrifice.

And people such as yourself speak with certainty for which you cannot be certain, no matter how much you try to persuade yourself.

Rejected.

It is extreme arrogance to speak for Jesus and assume whom He would accept.

Every post you make confirms what I said.

I hope so.

So all the illiterates around the world throughout time who have otherwise led a moral life are in Hell.

Got it.

Yes. That is the Gospel. Indeed.

Whatever YOU believe is, I"m afraid, exactly what you accused me of. Arrogance. Making up your own God that is not, in fact, Jesus Christ.

If there is a God, why do you presume it's the Christian God?

Maybe it's the Muslim God.

Or a God you've never conceptualized.

Human beings create constructs that satisfy their deepest emotional needs. Religion is a perfect example of this.
There ARE multiple gods...even the 10 Commandments make that claim.
Yup. He said don’t worship those other gods just me.

Rejected.

It is extreme arrogance to speak for Jesus and assume whom He would accept.

Every post you make confirms what I said.

I am not Judge, in fact. I do not know the hearts of men. In fact. All I know is: Jesus Christ is the final sacrifice. HE has said, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. I did not say that; He did. I cannot in the end who will go to Hell or not, because I do not know who will accept or not up to the final minute of their lives. Only God knows.

I hope so.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else
Believing doesn’t make you a Christian
nor, secures your salvation either

I hope so.

Got it.

Yes. That is the Gospel. Indeed.

Whatever YOU believe is, I"m afraid, exactly what you accused me of. Arrogance. Making up your own God that is not, in fact, Jesus Christ.

I’m not the one claiming to speak for Jesus. I’m not the one anointing who is pure and who is not. I’m not the one claiming I know for certain.

That is you.

And that is extremely arrogant.

If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.
How so, when there are so many among us who reject the Bible.
I thought most Americans were Christians? I thought this was a Christian nation?

Isn’t McConnell, Ryan an trump Christians?

Remember what trump said about leadership. No matter what happens you’re responsible

I hope so.

I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else.
I repeat: if you do not believe there is only one way to God, you are not a Christian. You need to hear this probably more than anyone else
Believing doesn’t make you a Christian
nor, secures your salvation either

Saving faith does.

Forum List

Back