For God so loved the world....

“Judge not lest ye be judged.”

Isn’t that what Jesus said?

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Wow, that’s pretty bold to proclaim you are rightly judging
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
Wow...who cares about your church

By Christ’s own standards,
you shouldn’t be a member of that church...
NO ONE would belong to that church

Of course I am rightly judging. I am judging by what he himself said. He said Jesus is not the only way to God and even saying such a thing is "arrogance". That is saying the very Gospel itself is "arrogance". That is a message antithetical to Christianity.

You seem to not understand the difference between saving faith and deeds. Are you Catholic?
Of course I am rightly judging. I am judging by what he himself said. He said Jesus is not the only way to God and even saying such a thing is "arrogance". That is saying the very Gospel itself is "arrogance". That is a message antithetical to Christianity.

You seem to not understand the difference between saving faith and deeds. Are you Catholic?
No, you are not rightly judging

You are judging whether someone is a Christian or not

God hates religion and so did Jesus

I am not Catholic and I understand the difference between
faith and deeds...

You believe that there is one God.
You do well. Even the demons believe, and tremble!

But, do you want to know, O foolish man,
that faith without works is dead?

James 2:19-20

Works will not earn salvation,
but, true faith is manifested in works

God is about relationship, not religion

"God is about relationship, not religion"

Too simplistic by half. Have you read the Old Testament? That wasn't completely blown away, you know. God is VERY MUCH about religion.
God is about relationship, not religion"

Too simplistic by half. Have you read the Old Testament? That wasn't completely blown away, you know. God is VERY MUCH about religion.
NO, GOD IS NOT VERY MUCH ABOUT RELIGION
NOR, WAS HE

Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me;
the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies…it is iniquity
Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth:
they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.”

Isaiah 1:13-14

“Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire;…
Burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.”

Psalm 40:6

I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell
(the odors of their sacrifices) in your solemn assemblies.

Amos 5:21

The ONLY thing left from the Old Testament
are the 10 Commandments, which are really now 11

God created man, man created religion

Jesus said, "Do not think I came to bring peace on earth. I came not to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)
Is that why they call him "The Prince Of Peace?"
For a child has been born for us, a son given to us authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)

Jesus said, "Do not think I came to bring peace on earth. I came not to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)
For a child has been born for us, a son given to us authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
That's speaking of the time AFTER HIS RETURN, when you have no choice but to reject your current foolishness

That's speaking of the time AFTER HIS RETURN, when you have no choice but to reject your current foolishness
Sure peace through the sword, sounds more like Islam than Christianity.

You don’t know if Trump is a Christian,
by Christ’s own standards,
but, by Christ’s own standards, you know Toro is not

Really

Yes. Because Toro said blatantly that Jesus Christ is not the only way to God.

That is disqualifying. If Trump said that, it would also be disqualifying.

YOU’RE A LIAR!

If you can’t determine whether or not
Trump is a “Christian”, according to Christ’s own standards
then you are in no position to determine
anyone’s standing with God

You are too wise in your own eyes darling!

You don’t know how God is working in someone’s life

Many are called, FEW are chosen

Faith, believing in Christ is enough
when standing alone on specific verses...

It is not enough when standing alongside
the rest of Scripture

If you will read what I said and go back, you will see I said I do not know for sure, but I do not BELIEVE Trump is a Christian. However, from what he said here, I know Toro is not a Christian because he said the Gospel itself is "arrogance". That itself is disqualifying. And he has confirmed it again and again by what he has said.

Faith shows itself in deeds. By his deeds Trump shows (me, just me, but not fully) that he is PROBABLY not a Christian. By his deeds, Toro showed me that he is almost certainly NOT a Christian because he denied the very heart of the Christian message. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.
I said I do not know for sure,
If you’re not sure then you are not an authority
on Christ’s own standards
I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.
I don’t know how to make myself clearer

The Bible is very clear where Christ has made it clear. And that is what I am citing. Trump has not said anything disqualifying, but the poster in question here, did. Per Christ, per His standards. Which I am citing.

Christians do not have to check their reasoning and brains at the door to be Christian. If someone is clearly anti-Christianity in what they say, IT IS OKAY to say they're not Christian. Yes, even per Scripture. Jesus Himself said beware of false prophets (Matthew 7)
The Bible is very clear where Christ has made it clear. And that is what I am citing. Trump has not said anything disqualifying,
Christ did not make clear who wasn’t a Christian
He made it clear, who didn’t know the Father

Trump has said plenty
Christians do not have to check their reasoning and brains at the door to be Christian. If someone is clearly anti-Christianity in what they say,
So, obviously, you checked your reasoning at the door
If you are only able to determine to an extent

Sure peace through the sword, sounds more like Islam than Christianity
You're not making any sense. Which is why I usually avoid the religion forum. It is the hangout for the God Haters and not the Believers who actually READ the Bible. You "debate" what you don't understand and continually pull scriptures OUT OF CONTEXT. I don't have time to argue with fools who dont have an open mind.

Exactly. To Jesus, his disciples, followers, and the authors of the gospels who witnessed the destruction of Judea and the slaughter, enslavement, and exile of hundreds of thousands of Jews by the Romans, the nations were the enemy.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

Sound familiar?

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

:wine:

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink"

Apparently God loved the nations of the Roman empire so much that he sent Jesus to curse them.

Last edited:
she can, I can about Toro or anyone else who REJECTS Christ as the only way. Christ said He is. You reject that. Therefore you are NOt Christian. That is an ABSOLUTE.
she can, I can about Toro or anyone else who REJECTS Christ as the only way. Christ said He is. You reject that. Therefore you are NOt Christian. That is an ABSOLUTE.
And, saying you accept Christ
isn’t an absolute either

What does Christian have to do with it?

Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Mormon...
Just to name a few, what about these religions

Sure peace through the sword, sounds more like Islam than Christianity
You're not making any sense. Which is why I usually avoid the religion forum. It is the hangout for the God Haters and not the Believers who actually READ the Bible. You "debate" what you don't understand and continually pull scriptures OUT OF CONTEXT. I don't have time to argue with fools who dont have an open mind.
I didn't cite the not peace but sword scripture, one of your fellow Christians did. But you knew that already which is why you dishonestly edited that part of this string out. How very Christian of you!

“Judge not lest ye be judged.”

Isn’t that what Jesus said?

Sue is very judgmental.

The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.
The Bible says by the measure you use you will be measured. I am rightly judging that you are not a Christian because you do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
As it stands, you would not gain membership into my Christian church. That does not mean we think you are a bad person, a horrible moral person, or anything like. But by Christ's own standards, you are not a Christian.

faith and deeds...

Yes indeed, and a great portion of the Epistles is about judging your brother--false prophets. Did you not know this? We are admonished to do this throughout. I would agree that we are not to judge someone's faith in Christ for light reasons. But when someone says they don't believe that Jesus is the only way to God--and to say that is even "arrogant"--that is absolutely disqualifying. I stand by that absolutely, and make no apologies for it.
Yes indeed, and a great portion of the Epistles is about judging your brother--false prophets. Did you not know this? We are admonished to do this throughout.
Please provide Scripture

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.
I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

If you will read what I said and go back, you will see I said I do not know for sure, but I do not BELIEVE Trump is a Christian. However, from what he said here, I know Toro is not a Christian because he said the Gospel itself is "arrogance". That itself is disqualifying. And he has confirmed it again and again by what he has said.

Faith shows itself in deeds. By his deeds Trump shows (me, just me, but not fully) that he is PROBABLY not a Christian. By his deeds, Toro showed me that he is almost certainly NOT a Christian because he denied the very heart of the Christian message. I don't know how to make it much clearer than that.

It is not necessary for me to judge him or even have an opinion about him.

I see that God is absolutely USING him (not the same as being Christian).

I joke about it, but God IS with him AT THIS TIME BECAUSE HE ACKNOWLEDGES GOD.

This is what actually motivates their hatred for Trump. It is a spiritual thing eating at their souls

Totally agree with that.

I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is.
I don't personally believe Donald Trump is a Christian. I don't know this for a fact, of course. But I don't believe he is

Really

YOU’RE A LIAR!

the rest of Scripture

This is what actually motivates their hatred for Trump. It is a spiritual thing eating at their souls

Thank you
You lost me here

faith and deeds...

Yes indeed, and a great portion of the Epistles is about judging your brother--false prophets. Did you not know this? We are admonished to do this throughout. I would agree that we are not to judge someone's faith in Christ for light reasons. But when someone says they don't believe that Jesus is the only way to God--and to say that is even "arrogant"--that is absolutely disqualifying. I stand by that absolutely, and make no apologies for it.
Yes indeed, and a great portion of the Epistles is about judging your brother--false prophets. Did you not know this? We are admonished to do this throughout.
Please provide Scripture

Matthew 7:15-17 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves.

1 John 2:22 And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 When I left for Macedonia, I urged you to stay there in Ephesus and stop those whose teaching is contrary to the truth.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Galatians 1:7-8 not that there really is another gospel, but there aresome who are disturbing you and wanting to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we (or an angel from heaven) should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to hell!

2 John 1:10-11 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house and do not give him any greeting, because the person who gives him a greeting shares in his evil deeds.

I mean how many more do you want? Like I said, the Epistles are full of these warnings.

New International Version
Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

New Living Translation
I tell you the truth, the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah will be better off than such a town on the judgment day.

English Standard Version
Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town.

faith and deeds...

Please provide Scripture

Matthew 7:15-17 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves.

1 John 2:22 And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 When I left for Macedonia, I urged you to stay there in Ephesus and stop those whose teaching is contrary to the truth.

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Galatians 1:7-8 not that there really is another gospel, but there aresome who are disturbing you and wanting to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we (or an angel from heaven) should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be condemned to hell!

2 John 1:10-11 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house and do not give him any greeting, because the person who gives him a greeting shares in his evil deeds.

I mean how many more do you want? Like I said, the Epistles are full of these warnings.
Darling, I want Scripture that states who isn’t a Christian

Forum List

Back