Football coach shot and killed by opposing football coach

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Crazy days, some stuff you can't even make it up. RIP

'Loving Father and Husband': Family Speaks Out After Football Coach Was Allegedly Killed by Opposing Coach​

He lived and breathed fatherhood — and sports.

But on Saturday, the life of the 43-year-old doting father and beloved youth football coach was cut short after he was allegedly shot to death by a coach on the opposing team after a disagreement during a game in Lancaster, Tex.

Hickmon's cousin, Toronda Alford tells PEOPLE his wife Kenyetta Hickmon and their 9-year-old son Mike Jr. witnessed the deadly shooting from the sidelines, and it has left them broken.

RELATED: Beloved Youth Football Coach is Killed During Game — and Suspect Is Opposing Coach, Whose Brother Was NFL Star

"She's just numb," Alford says. "She could have never imagined that this would've happened. That's their typical Saturday — to get up and go to a little league game — whether he was coaching, whether it was his best friend's game, whether it was a family member's. That was their thing to do, and it's tragic."

Kenyetta Hickmon Hickmon family
© Provided by PeopleKenyetta Hickmon Hickmon family
Hickmon was "a devoted father" who wanted to "watch his children grow up and live out their dreams," Alford says.

But now, Ashley, 25; Emerie, 14; and Mike Jr., 9; will have to figure out how to navigate life without their dad to guide them.

"Their dad was at every game," she says of the sports-centric family. "Their dad was dropping them off at practice, picking them up at practice. Him and Mike Jr. — they flew somewhere for a game. So, I don't even know how they are going to go on without him. He was their biggest cheerleader."

Although much of his time and love was devoted to his own family, Hickmon still had room in his heart to mentor other kids. His family says he spent the last five years coaching the D.E.A. Dragons.

My father was a youth baseball manager when I was a kid, but he would have never have been this angry. Although this Italian adult, Tony, who managed for another team got his ass chucked off the field by the umpire over a balls-and-strikes argument when his team was winning 12-0.

My only questions are how long until another confrontation like this one takes place and will this kind of occurrence be what brings an end to sports once and for all?

God bless you and the man's family and friends and team always!!!

Holly

When everyone is running around with guns, sometimes, people are going to use them. That's life in America, you can get shot to death for all kinds of stupid reasons. Like the guy who cut in line when Popeye's was rolling out their chicken sandwich.

According to the video

"Witnesses say Aqib Talib started the brawl"​

Well, that's kind of significant, he's a retired Super Bowl champion and was just starting out calling football games as a color analyst on FOX. (He is terrible, but he is in there to relate to thug culture, in my opinion)

I wonder if his new career is in jeopardy. It should be.

Too bad Texas doesn’t have gun free zones

The Coaches would leave their guns at home

Too bad Texas doesn’t have gun free zones

The Coaches would leave their guns at home
Yeah surely making a football field, with no pat down security, a gun free zone would solve. Of course everyone would obey that :abgg2q.jpg:

Crazy days, some stuff you can't even make it up. RIP

'Loving Father and Husband': Family Speaks Out After Football Coach Was Allegedly Killed by Opposing Coach​

He lived and breathed fatherhood — and sports.

But on Saturday, the life of the 43-year-old doting father and beloved youth football coach was cut short after he was allegedly shot to death by a coach on the opposing team after a disagreement during a game in Lancaster, Tex.

Hickmon's cousin, Toronda Alford tells PEOPLE his wife Kenyetta Hickmon and their 9-year-old son Mike Jr. witnessed the deadly shooting from the sidelines, and it has left them broken.

RELATED: Beloved Youth Football Coach is Killed During Game — and Suspect Is Opposing Coach, Whose Brother Was NFL Star

"She's just numb," Alford says. "She could have never imagined that this would've happened. That's their typical Saturday — to get up and go to a little league game — whether he was coaching, whether it was his best friend's game, whether it was a family member's. That was their thing to do, and it's tragic."

Kenyetta Hickmon Hickmon family
© Provided by PeopleKenyetta Hickmon Hickmon family
Hickmon was "a devoted father" who wanted to "watch his children grow up and live out their dreams," Alford says.

But now, Ashley, 25; Emerie, 14; and Mike Jr., 9; will have to figure out how to navigate life without their dad to guide them.

"Their dad was at every game," she says of the sports-centric family. "Their dad was dropping them off at practice, picking them up at practice. Him and Mike Jr. — they flew somewhere for a game. So, I don't even know how they are going to go on without him. He was their biggest cheerleader."

Although much of his time and love was devoted to his own family, Hickmon still had room in his heart to mentor other kids. His family says he spent the last five years coaching the D.E.A. Dragons.

And the one doing the shooting should get the death penalty....

There......all the gun laws we needed to deal with this act of violence.....

Notice.....we didn't need to ban or confiscate guns to punish this law breaker..........

Forum List

Back