Colorado Homeowner Kills Intruder

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
It would seem a .40 S&W will get the job done though it took and entire mag dump. Luckily the intruder wasn't a Grizzly, they'd be packing the homeowner away in a body bag.

Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in​

Kelly Mauldin had just been awakened by the couple’s barking dogs that didn’t wake up her husband before dawn on Saturday. She walked to the door of the couple’s bedroom and found herself staring at a male black bear weighing about 400 pounds (181 kilograms) — about 10 feet (3 meters) away in the dining room.

In an interview, Ken Mauldin said he grabbed his 40-caliber pistol, took his wife’s place at the door and shot once, aiming for the center of the bear’s body. He thinks the first shot hit the bear and it charged him as Mauldin continued firing.

As he was shooting, the bear got as close as 5 feet (1.5 meters) from Mauldin and then turned toward the stairs leading to the home’s front door. The bear crashed through a bannister as Mauldin emptied the gun and slid down the stairs, mortally wounded.
1000.jpeg

Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in

Poor bear. Was just looking for a sammich and not necessarily a human one.
I heard it was a bad kill, the bear had his paws raised at the time and was unarmed.
I think bad things are going to happen in a court of law for that homeowner.
He might want to plead out on this one.

cocaine-bear-Mary-Ann-McDonald-e1615618824589-1280x720.jpg

But, the photo that the media will use is
s-l500.jpg

Just remember, kiddos, never never call animal control!! They will ALWAYS be on the side of the bear.

I'm sorry to see this thread here, because two nights ago I had a nightmare about bears hunting me around the property -- I kept running into big brown bears. It was just like the picture here!

Just that day before I found the groundhog (that looks just like a tiny bear) had eaten all my marigolds. I think that's what caused the dream. I hope.

Just yelling at a black bear or clapping your hands, sends a black bear running most of the time. Or allowing it to get a sandwich would have resulted in less damage to his house than all the bullets.

However, Americans think first of killing with their guns, and acting rationally to the situation last. Amusing!

Just yelling at a black bear or clapping your hands, sends a black bear running most of the time. Or allowing it to get a sandwich would have resulted in less damage to his house than all the bullets.

However, Americans think first of killing with their guns, and acting rationally to the situation last. Amusing!
polar-bear-facepalm-big.jpg

If the barking dogs didn't do it... Clapping sure as hell wouldn't have. You. Are a moron.

I like explaining our laws against theft and vandalism to them first.

It seems rude to clap at a predator for simply entering your home.

Have you ever seen the inside of a cabin after a bear had gotten in? I didn't think so.
There is a reason that they lay nail carpets in front of the entry points.

Forum List

Back