Florida Bans Christian School Teams from Praying Before Games

Quick kid.
I ask them what's the downside. And of course there is none.

Exactly, nothing wrong with trying to live the Christian life. I see kids who are being raised in it and kids who are not. The ones that know Christ are achievers, out of trouble and great kids

Back when one of our twins was about eight or nine some woman told her she was going to feel silly if she lives her life believing in God and when she dies nothing is there. Our daughter, bless her heart, told the woman "not near as silly as you'll feel if God is there".
Quick kid.

What is the downside, possibly not cherishing the life they were given. Every one thinks they are going to see someone in the afterlife, and I believe people should live this life like there is no afterlife. Probably be a lot less wars if everyone had a respect for the life of themselves and others.

I have also always wondered what God thinks of people being Christian out of fear or to cover their bases when they die. Not to worship and celebrate their deity, but to make sure they have an upside.

God knows who is a real Christian and who is not. Take it to the bank

True enough. I was just questioning the "Be a christian so you will be safe if there IS a God" line of thinking.
Jesus talked about that. Guess what he said.

The left have gone full NAZI mode.

When two private Christian schools convened to compete for the state championship, Florida officials denied their request to pray.

One of the schools — Cambridge Christian — is now suing the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), claiming the decision to deny students the ability to pray violates both the state and federal constitutions, as well as the Florida Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Prior to the game, students at each school, Cambridge Christian and University Christian, agreed to a joint religious observance before the game began. The size of the venue required the use of the stadium PA system. The FHSAA denied their request, telling the schools that state assets could not be used for religious speech. (RELATED: Christian Coach Suing School That Demanded He Stop Praying)

“First is the fact that the facility is a public facility, predominantly paid for with public tax dollars, makes the facility ‘off limits’ under federal guidelines and precedent court cases,” FHSAA director Roger Dearing wrote. “Second, is the fact that in Florida Statutes, the FHSAA (host and coordinator of the event) is legally a ‘State Actor’, we cannot legally permit or grant permission for such an activity.”

Though the U.S. Supreme Court bans school officials from organizing prayer at such events, students may lead and coordinate such a religious observance. Members of both teams said a prayer before the game began, but onlookers in the crowd did not participate due to the logistical challenges.

“By rejecting Cambridge Christian’s request for pre-game prayer over the loudspeaker on the basis of its religious character and viewpoint, the FHSAA unlawfully prohibited Cambridge Christian’s private religious speech and unreasonably burdened its right to freedom of speech and free exercise of religion,” the suit reads.

Keep reading…

First goes the praying. When that's gone, they will go after flying the stars and stripes.

Who has EVER stopped you from praying? Yes, there are places that do not allow group prayers ect. But no one ever stopped you from praying.

Back when one of our twins was about eight or nine some woman told her she was going to feel silly if she lives her life believing in God and when she dies nothing is there. Our daughter, bless her heart, told the woman "not near as silly as you'll feel if God is there".
Quick kid.

Exactly, nothing wrong with trying to live the Christian life. I see kids who are being raised in it and kids who are not. The ones that know Christ are achievers, out of trouble and great kids

They are ignorant as to what is coming and they refuse to learn.

Quick kid.

What is the downside, possibly not cherishing the life they were given. Every one thinks they are going to see someone in the afterlife, and I believe people should live this life like there is no afterlife. Probably be a lot less wars if everyone had a respect for the life of themselves and others.

I have also always wondered what God thinks of people being Christian out of fear or to cover their bases when they die. Not to worship and celebrate their deity, but to make sure they have an upside.
Where does it say Christians must worship? Thinking you can trick God is showing your limited understanding.

I am not trying to trick anyone or anything. I was simply discussing a segment of the Christian population I believe to be misguided.

Well you adopted their religion so maybe you are.
Why would a non religious person go to the jungles of a third world nation to help the poor? No reason, it's why you never see any.

The same is pretty much true for helping the needy here in America, churches are carrying the load, it's very rare you'll see a non religious outreach and if it is it's a government agency trying to get numbers, info, etc.
Yep, atheists and government spend their effort fighting against helping the needy. Recently a Synagogue was ordered by NYC to stop giving left over food from events to a homeless shelter because they didn't have the calorie information.

Do you have a link for that?
Nanny Bloomberg Bans Food Donations to Homeless Shelters: Too Salty!

Yes Republicans always push their stuff on you, and from a man who hates taxes. He isn't mayor anymore.

Quick kid.

True enough. I was just questioning the "Be a christian so you will be safe if there IS a God" line of thinking.

I guess you will have to tell us.

I do remember the parable Jesus told his disciples. The Pharisee and the tax collector? The Pharisee prayed loudly and was vocal about being glad he was not like the other sinners (I believe he even pointed to the tax collector). The tax collector prayed quietly, asking for God to forgive him. The moral, if I am not mistaken was something about those who exalt themselves will be humbled, those who are humble will be exalted.

Quick kid.

What?

I do remember the parable Jesus told his disciples. The Pharisee and the tax collector? The Pharisee prayed loudly and was vocal about being glad he was not like the other sinners (I believe he even pointed to the tax collector). The tax collector prayed quietly, asking for God to forgive him. The moral, if I am not mistaken was something about those who exalt themselves will be humbled, those who are humble will be exalted.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

They wanted to use state property to pray which violates separation of church and state.
My voting precinct is in a church...WTF??? How does that work for separation of church and state? Attacking Christianity is part of the plan. It gives one more reason to divide people on multiple levels.
Christian>>>><<<<atheist
Christian>>>><<<<abortionist
Christian>>>><<<<Jew
Christian>>>><<<<Muslim

Then, if people are true Christians (a very few are) they cannot be instigated about class envy. Having and fueling class envy is important part of the plan.

Hebrews 13:5King James Version (KJV)
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Jesus said to pray in your closet. He is saying look at me, and praying to get fired so he can file a lawsuit. He is like one of those Pharisees Jesus was talking about.

A little off topic but I'm sure their is a lot of praying in closets in the far right universe.

They wanted to use state property to pray which violates separation of church and state.

Moslem football players did it all the time at Fordson High School and not a peep from Liberals.

My voting precinct is in a church...WTF??? How does that work for separation of church and state? Attacking Christianity is part of the plan. It gives one more reason to divide people on multiple levels.
Christian>>>><<<<atheist
Christian>>>><<<<Jew
Christian>>>><<<<Muslim

Then, if people are true Christians (a very few are) they cannot be instigated about class envy. Having and fueling class envy is important part of the plan.

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
I mean I don't care either I am not a christian and I don't think anything bad happened here that should have prevented them from praying. Its a christian school so they should have been allowed....its just silly to pick a fight over this like the state has done....should have just let them pray.

The schools in Florida could do this. Nobody is stopping them.

Problem solved.
True, yet many LWers had a conniption when Jefferson Parish deputies refused to sign up for voluntary duty after hours duty at a local high school football game where the players were kneeling during the National Anthem. Why do you think they have a double standard?

I have a friend who held prayer meetings in the White House. During the Obama era.
Our local public high school has 1,500 attend Church service every Sunday on campus.

Your point is ignorant of facts.

Christian>>>><<<<atheist
Christian>>>><<<<Jew
Christian>>>><<<<Muslim

I don't know about a conspiracy against Christianity. But I know that, for years and years, Christianity pretty much had its way with everyone. The 4 groups you named; atheist, abortionist, Jew, and Muslim, have all been harassed by Christians over hundreds of years.

I don't know about a conspiracy against Christianity. But I know that, for years and years, Christianity pretty much had its way with everyone. The 4 groups you named; atheist, abortionist, Jew, and Muslim, have all been harassed by Christians over hundreds of years.
You forgot the usual Godwin Law by saying "You know who was the most murderous Christian in the 20th Century?
Hitler!"
Godwin.gif

Christian>>>><<<<atheist
Christian>>>><<<<Jew
Christian>>>><<<<Muslim

And visa versa. Bigotry has always overridden civility since we got booted out of Eden.

You forgot the usual Godwin Law by saying "You know who was the most murderous Christian in the 20th Century?
Hitler!"
Godwin.gif

Yeah, there are assholes of every stripe. Wasn't it the Christians who spread the rumor that Jews ate babies? Or that atheists were communists or devil worshippers. I don't see innocence from any groups.

Hitler!"
Godwin.gif
NAZI Germany is the perfect example of what happens when you don't have a free press and government and a religion are entwined as one.

Forum List

Back