Florida Bans Christian School Teams from Praying Before Games

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The left have gone full NAZI mode.

When two private Christian schools convened to compete for the state championship, Florida officials denied their request to pray.

One of the schools — Cambridge Christian — is now suing the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), claiming the decision to deny students the ability to pray violates both the state and federal constitutions, as well as the Florida Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Prior to the game, students at each school, Cambridge Christian and University Christian, agreed to a joint religious observance before the game began. The size of the venue required the use of the stadium PA system. The FHSAA denied their request, telling the schools that state assets could not be used for religious speech. (RELATED: Christian Coach Suing School That Demanded He Stop Praying)

“First is the fact that the facility is a public facility, predominantly paid for with public tax dollars, makes the facility ‘off limits’ under federal guidelines and precedent court cases,” FHSAA director Roger Dearing wrote. “Second, is the fact that in Florida Statutes, the FHSAA (host and coordinator of the event) is legally a ‘State Actor’, we cannot legally permit or grant permission for such an activity.”

Though the U.S. Supreme Court bans school officials from organizing prayer at such events, students may lead and coordinate such a religious observance. Members of both teams said a prayer before the game began, but onlookers in the crowd did not participate due to the logistical challenges.

“By rejecting Cambridge Christian’s request for pre-game prayer over the loudspeaker on the basis of its religious character and viewpoint, the FHSAA unlawfully prohibited Cambridge Christian’s private religious speech and unreasonably burdened its right to freedom of speech and free exercise of religion,” the suit reads.

Keep reading…

When two private Christian schools convened to compete for the state championship, Florida officials denied their request to pray.

One of the schools — Cambridge Christian — is now suing the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), claiming the decision to deny students the ability to pray violates both the state and federal constitutions, as well as the Florida Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Prior to the game, students at each school, Cambridge Christian and University Christian, agreed to a joint religious observance before the game began. The size of the venue required the use of the stadium PA system. The FHSAA denied their request, telling the schools that state assets could not be used for religious speech. (RELATED: Christian Coach Suing School That Demanded He Stop Praying)

“First is the fact that the facility is a public facility, predominantly paid for with public tax dollars, makes the facility ‘off limits’ under federal guidelines and precedent court cases,” FHSAA director Roger Dearing wrote. “Second, is the fact that in Florida Statutes, the FHSAA (host and coordinator of the event) is legally a ‘State Actor’, we cannot legally permit or grant permission for such an activity.”

Though the U.S. Supreme Court bans school officials from organizing prayer at such events, students may lead and coordinate such a religious observance. Members of both teams said a prayer before the game began, but onlookers in the crowd did not participate due to the logistical challenges.

“By rejecting Cambridge Christian’s request for pre-game prayer over the loudspeaker on the basis of its religious character and viewpoint, the FHSAA unlawfully prohibited Cambridge Christian’s private religious speech and unreasonably burdened its right to freedom of speech and free exercise of religion,” the suit reads.

Keep reading…
Everything goes according to the plan.....When the plan is mentioned the propaganda machine immediately swings into action to discredit both the message and the messenger.
"The greatest trick Satan ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist."

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances

Take your pick. It violates three constitutional rights in the first amendment

Jesus said to pray in your closet. He is saying look at me, and praying to get fired so he can file a lawsuit. He is like one of those Pharisees Jesus was talking about.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances

The problem is how 9 judges interpret that. After Hillary appoints 2 judges it will mean Christians can only do it in their homes with a government approved permit.

The problem is how 9 judges interpret that. After Hillary appoints 2 judges it will mean Christians can only do it in their homes with a government approved permit.

He was on the 50 yard line after the game, why not just thank God that no one got hurt. Some people just have to be the center of attention.

Jesus said to pray in your closet. He is saying look at me, and praying to get fired so he can file a lawsuit. He is like one of those Pharisees Jesus was talking about.
Jesus also said whenever two or more are gathered in My name, I am with them.

He was on the 50 yard line after the game, why not just thank God that no one got hurt. Some people just have to be the center of attention.
Why do you hate Israel?

“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
Genesis 12:2-3

Why do you hate Israel?

“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

God changed his mind. Also Israel is living off of the Holocaust and US taxpayers money, I'm sure God loves the gay parade as well.

let him go to church or in his house. Apparently Jesus contradicted himself.

Why do you hate Israel?

God changed his mind. Also Israel is living off of the Holocaust and US taxpayers money, I'm sure God loves the gay parade as well.
God changed his mind and wants prayer on every street corner using loudspeakers.
Touché.

Two Christian schools are on a playing field. It is pretty reasonable that they'd say a prayer together.

When Jesus instructed us to pray in our closet, He was talking about genuine attention to God vs the phony behavior of Pharisees- as you pointed out. At another time, Jesus told His followers, you know, people who are faithful, not phony, to gather together in His name. Different situations, you know, context?

>

"Florida Bans Christian School Teams from Praying Before Games"

That doesn't seem to be an accurate title, Shouldn't it be "Florida does not allow prayer to be broadcast over State funded PA Sys"

Were the teams stopped ("banned") from praying = No.

Were the teams not allowed to use the Public Address system to broadcast the prayer.

BTW - Your "Keep Reading..." link takes me to a story about a woman carrying intestines through customs.

>>>>

Two Christian schools are on a playing field. It is pretty reasonable that they'd say a prayer together.

When Jesus instructed us to pray in our closet, He was talking about genuine attention to God vs the phony behavior of Pharisees- as you pointed out. At another time, Jesus told His followers, you know, people who are faithful, not phony, to gather together in His name. Different situations, you know, context?
Penny is a Jew hating Satanic worshipping loon. Go to the Israel board and see the demons at work.

Keep reading…
Florida is a Red state with a R governor and thick in the Bible belt, is it not?

Keep reading…
Florida is a Red state with a R governor and thick in the Bible belt, is it not?
Yeah, no Democrats in Florida. Every election Democrats never bother with Florida.

Dufus.

Forum List

Back