FIVE YEARS. The dems want to make this guy serve five years in prison?

He could have easily killed somebody. Maybe five years it a bit too much, but I wouldn't find two or three years unreasonable and it's likely he wouldn't serve more than that anyway with good behavior.

He could have easily killed somebody. Maybe five years it a bit too much, but I wouldn't find two or three years unreasonable and it's likely he wouldn't serve more than that anyway with good behavior.
great. so all rioters who attack officers can expect the same treatment.

suddenly this will be different.

HE was trying to do what he thought was right. So maybe he got overly enthusiastic. But Jaysus he wasn't holding up a Liquor Store with a gun! And he's OLD

I think he should be sentenced to ten years without parole.

Excerpt:

Robert Scott Palmer was arrested 12 days after he was identified in a March HuffPost story as the Capitol rioter who assaulted cops with a fire extinguisher as they tried to protect the Capitol on Jan. 6. He has been locked up since he pleaded guilty in October to assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers using a dangerous weapon, inflicting bodily injury.

Judge Tanya Chutkan will sentence Palmer, who committed his assault on officers while wearing a red “Florida for Trump” hat, on Dec. 17. In a sentencing memo Friday, federal prosecutors sought 63 months behind bars.

Palmer will be the first Capitol defendant to be sentenced for a felony assault in connection with the brutal attack on law enforcement at the tunnel on the west side of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. Video showed him spraying embattled officers with the contents of a fire extinguisher and then chucking the empty canister at the police line.

After he assaulted cops at the Capitol on Jan. 6, Palmer told HuffPost that the Biden administration was trying to “vilify the patriots” who took part in the Jan. 6 riot. He hung up when a HuffPost reporter asked him about assaulting cops with a fire extinguisher.

Federal prosecutors cited Palmer’s interview with HuffPost in their sentencing memo. “On March 4, 2021, after Palmer had been identified by an online sleuth, Palmer was contacted by a reporter for the Huffington Post,” the memo states. “Palmer told the reporter he had done nothing to justify being struck with a police munition. He also told the reporter ‘I didn’t do anything wrong.’”

“As Palmer entered the Capitol grounds and watched law enforcement officers being assaulted, it was abundantly clear to him that lawmakers, and the law enforcement officers who tried to protect them, were under siege by others similarly willing to use force to undermine the election,” federal prosecutors wrote. “Law enforcement officers were overwhelmed, outnumbered, and in some cases, in serious danger. Palmer directly, and physically, added to that danger by his use of violence. Assaulting law enforcement officers with a dangerous weapon is the epitome of disrespect for the law.”

I support the people's right to protest but I've also acknowledged you have to be willing to accept any repercussions of that protest.

Local guy gets sentenced on the same day. I wish there was somewhere to view it.

I support the people's right to protest but I've also acknowledged you have to be willing to accept any repercussions of that protest.

Local guy gets sentenced on the same day. I wish there was somewhere to view it.

The mob that stormed the Capitol weren't "protesting".

Protesting isn't violent..

It most certainly can be and at times needs to be.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

The country was founded upon violent protest.

It most certainly can be and at times needs to be.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

The country was founded upon violent protest.

Against the King of England.

HE was trying to do what he thought was right. So maybe he got overly enthusiastic. But Jaysus he wasn't holding up a Liquor Store with a gun! And he's OLD

5 years is the recommendation, we'll have to see if it is what the Judge awards. I'm good with 5 years but I think it will end up being 2-3 years.

But ya, assaulting a police officer with a fire extinguisher while rioting at the capital to interrupt the function of the Congress in counting the votes of the election?

Regarding the liquor store, maybe I'm behind in my rent and need to buy food for my kids so ya know, I might think that is the right thing to do.

WW

It was assault with a potentially deadly weapon...5 years is his punishment.... too bad for him that he wasn't black and sporting a BLM mask...because he would never see a jail cell.....

yep. you are responsible for your own actions. i don't care if 10k people march to do an action and you are a part of it, that is still THEIR OWN CHOICE, not the fault of 9,999 other people.

people want to scream and shout but refuse to take the consequences of their actions. core issue these days.

Ah, yes . . . poor, poor cops, armed to the teeth but unable to defend themselves against the superior firepower of a high caliber fire extinguisher. This is yet another political prosecution and that's all it is. Cops fuck people up every day—it's just part of the job. When someone "not cop" finds the nerve to fight back well, it's the end of the bloody world. Just another day living in this here police state USA.

Forum List

Back