CDZ Five Questions

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
Q1. How is it my Responsibility to provide unearned employment opportunity to just anybody, in a dangerous area with a high crime rate, instead of taking care of myself, and taking myself and my business to a better place ?

Q2. So blacks are locked up a lot more often than white people, and serve more prison time than white people for the same crime.
What can I do about it, and why should I bother wasting my time with it, with no legal qualifications to even attempt to take a swing at the problem ?

Q3. Everybody in prison is innocent, if you don't believe me... just ask anybody there.
They had their trial, they got their voices heard, and they got convicted and sent to Prison.
How is it my responsibility to believe anything that the Inmates have to say, as opposed to taking care of myself and serving what is in MY best interests ?

Q4. Why should I sit here poor, while I have a High School Diploma, a Business Certificate, a Real Estate School Graduation Certificate, and a Driver's license, and each on their own, almost independently of each other, all except for the high school diploma, can make me money...
Now why should I sit here poor, because somebody else didn't do what they need to do, instead of taking care of MYSELF ?

Q5. How is it my responsibility to listen to sob stories about other people's lives, when I have myself and my kid, and my business, and my family to protect and take care of ?

Why should I sit here poor, while I have a High School Diploma, a Business Certificate, a Real Estate School Graduation Certificate, and a Driver's license, and each on their own, almost independently of each other, all except for the high school diploma, can make me money...
  • Because you don't have any of the credentials or training that is needed to obtain a high paying job.
  • Because the credentials and training you have that could enable you to earn a high salary are resources you've failed to exploit adequately to actually earn a high salary.

Now why should I sit here poor, because somebody else didn't do what they need to do, instead of taking care of MYSELF ?

If perdure your personal qualifications on which I above remarked, and extant have become no additional ones, then you should sit there poor for precisely the same reasons I already noted.

Why should I sit here poor, while I have a High School Diploma, a Business Certificate, a Real Estate School Graduation Certificate, and a Driver's license, and each on their own, almost independently of each other, all except for the high school diploma, can make me money...
  • Because you don't have any of the credentials or training that is needed to obtain a high paying job.
  • Because the credentials and training you have that could enable you to earn a high salary are resources you've failed to exploit adequately to actually earn a high salary.

If perdure your personal qualifications on which I above remarked, and extant have become no additional ones, then you should sit there poor for precisely the same reasons I already noted.

Which is false, because those are credentials, I'm also not poor.
:)

Q1. How is it my Responsibility to provide unearned employment opportunity to just anybody, in a dangerous area with a high crime rate, instead of taking care of myself, and taking myself and my business to a better place ?

Q2. So blacks are locked up a lot more often than white people, and serve more prison time than white people for the same crime.
What can I do about it, and why should I bother wasting my time with it, with no legal qualifications to even attempt to take a swing at the problem ?

Q3. Everybody in prison is innocent, if you don't believe me... just ask anybody there.
They had their trial, they got their voices heard, and they got convicted and sent to Prison.
How is it my responsibility to believe anything that the Inmates have to say, as opposed to taking care of myself and serving what is in MY best interests ?

Q4. Why should I sit here poor, while I have a High School Diploma, a Business Certificate, a Real Estate School Graduation Certificate, and a Driver's license, and each on their own, almost independently of each other, all except for the high school diploma, can make me money...

Q5. How is it my responsibility to listen to sob stories about other people's lives, when I have myself and my kid, and my business, and my family to protect and take care of ?

I wonder how someone with these views, when you watch A Christmas Carol what do you think? Do you think it is a waste of time and not something anyone would do?

I'm not denying that they are credentials.

I presumed you merely placed your OP in the first person for linguistic reasons. Whether you are or are not poor is, at least I'd hoped it to be, irrelevant to the questions and why you posed them.

I guess I should have stuck with my better judgment and refrained from answering.

It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.
― Voltaire, Memnon

I wonder how someone with these views, when you watch A Christmas Carol what do you think? Do you think it is a waste of time and not something anyone would do?

I thank myself for being able to watch it alive.

Answer because know it all says so. In much the same way that Shiller was heckled by Stiglitz at the Nobel prize presentation for disproving market efficiency. Stiglitz knew that market efficiency was settled science despite AAII and Value Line independently coming up with two propriety services in the early 60s that reached the 200 monthly data points for statistical proof in the late 70s. Stigllitz still hadn't got that memo in the 2010s.

HI Ice29 Wow if you have real estate and business background, you have enough to start your own business LLC and do just fine.

In real estate, anything you spend on investment property can be written off 100% from taxes.
I am told once you own real estate as investment property, you will never pay taxes again.
So you don't have to worry about funding things you don't believe in, if all your money
is going into your own business expenses and development. Check with a tax lawyer or CPA who specializes in taxes, on what is 100% deductible or what are the conditions on certain writeoffs. (there is a special tax procedure if you sell property but within a certain time limit use the money to buy a different property you can avoid taxes; there is way to refinance, using a new loan to pay off an old one where the difference between two loans is still considered DEBT and not income so you can turn a profit without owing taxes on it. Check with a tax accountant/lawyer on rules like this you can use to keep more of your money and not pay it in taxes if you don't agree with crap you'd be funding. One of my mentors ran a school program as a DBA under her name, to avoid paperwork as with nonprofits or LLC etc, then wrote off all expenses as deductions off income, including paying teachers as CONSULTANTS NOT STAFF, so this still is a complete writeoff with minimal paperwork. )

Form a team, find other business people willing to invest in starting an LLC with you, buying
property for rental. There are groups that teach how to look for properties at what price,
so you can rent them for less than the comparable market value in that area, and still
make more money renting than the loan to buy the property and pay for renovations rolled into the loan.

If you plan it right, you make money from buying property using loans or other people's money.
But it takes a team to do this, and delegate the work to people who manage various areas
better than you, so you have to network. One of the groups that used to teach this model
of pairing up in teams to invest in rental properties in order to retire in 5-10 years
was lifestyles unlimited in Houston, but there may be different groups now. See http://www.luinc.com

Everyone who is independently wealthy gets involved in real estate on some level.
You are in the right field, and just need to network, and form a team of likeminded
successful business people you can trust to work equally and split the responsibilities,
the investment and the money earned to invest in the next project and grow from there.

If you are wary of legal issues, just have everyone you work with sign "mediation or arbitration"
waivers to avoid legal action and costs. Only do business with people who agree to resolve
disputes using mediation or arbitration and agree to avoid legal costs and expenses, where
if there is any unresolved dispute, the parties agree to split the difference or donate the
contested amount to charities that all parties agree to benefit. Something like that.
It helps screen out problem people, and only likeminded people will agree to work on that basis.

Last edited:

I'm not denying that they are credentials.

I presumed you merely placed your OP in the first person for linguistic reasons. Whether you are or are not poor is, at least I'd hoped it to be, irrelevant to the questions and why you posed them.

I guess I should have stuck with my better judgment and refrained from answering.

It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one.
― Voltaire, Memnon
I Misunderstood you then

It isn't your responsibility. It is the responsibility of our leaders and civic planners to turn red ink to black in society as a whole, just as a business owners seeks to do the same thing in their business practices. Hence, tax breaks offered to businesses willing to locate in high poverty/high crime areas. It's not a matter of whether such policies are guaranteed to succeed or not, it's just a matter of the rationale behind trying. If you are not motivated by Christian charity or whatever other motivating force might lead you to believe that you have a personal responsibility towards the poor, then you don't have one. The questions of whether that makes you a good person or a bad one, or a better person or a worse one, are separate matters.

The incarceration rate in the US is a major public policy problem. You should have a sense of the problem and a sense of what the positions of candidates are on this issue. That's about it, unless, as I said, you are motivated to do more.

I have never heard anyone suggest that ordinary citizens had any responsibility to review individual cases in the criminal justice system. How could they?

Again, who is trying to force you into poverty?

Again, nobody.

Wow, that's it? What the hell is this thread about?

You said, "Why should I sit here poor". If you're not poor then this should have read, "How can I sit here poor when I'm not?"

It isn't your responsibility. It is the responsibility of our leaders and civic planners to turn red ink to black in society as a whole, just as a business owners seeks to do the same thing in their business practices. Hence, tax breaks offered to businesses willing to locate in high poverty/high crime areas. It's not a matter of whether such policies are guaranteed to succeed or not, it's just a matter of the rationale behind trying. If you are not motivated by Christian charity or whatever other motivating force might lead you to believe that you have a personal responsibility towards the poor, then you don't have one. The questions of whether that makes you a good person or a bad one, or a better person or a worse one, are separate matters.

The incarceration rate in the US is a major public policy problem. You should have a sense of the problem and a sense of what the positions of candidates are on this issue. That's about it, unless, as I said, you are motivated to do more.

I have never heard anyone suggest that ordinary citizens had any responsibility to review individual cases in the criminal justice system. How could they?

Again, nobody.

No I'm not motivated to care about somebody else, I'm motivated to be safe as I can be, and make my own life a good one.

I'm not here on earth to risk my safety because of legal technicalities or somebody elses claims that were not believed by a court or multiple courts, while their behavior sucks.

I'm not here to worry about what some jackass does with his life, I'm here to not hang around jackasses.

I'm not here to beat my head against a brick wall that wont come down, I'm here to make sure that I don't end up on the wrong side of the wall.

That's what the thread is about.

Its not the job of the government to offer tax breaks to people willing to be robbed or shot.

I also have no sympathy for a criminal in prison, who if he were on the streets, would be more than happy to end my life.

Last edited:

Again, nobody.

No I'm not motivated to care about somebody else, I'm motivated to be safe as I can be, and make my own life a good one.

I'm not here on earth to risk my safety because of legal technicalities or somebody elses claims that were not believed by a court or multiple courts, while their behavior sucks.

I'm not here to worry about what some jackass does with his life, I'm here to not hang around jackasses.

I'm not here to beat my head against a brick wall that wont come down, I'm here to make sure that I don't end up on the wrong side of the wall.

Its not the job of the government to offer tax breaks to people willing to be robbed or shot.

I also have no sympathy for a criminal in prison, who if he were on the streets, would be more than happy to end my life.
So, this thread is about your desire to proclaim that you have no charitable impulses or beliefs. So?

1- Why should anyone care?

2- Why did you post this in the CDZ? What is it you wish to debate?

Again, nobody.

So, this thread is about your desire to proclaim that you have no charitable impulses or beliefs. So?

My charitable "impulses" are for the poor that want help and that are willing to help themselves by shutting the fuck up, opening their eyes and ears, and taking some advice.

My Charitable "Impulses" are for the kids and hard working adults dying of cancer.
My Charitable "Impulses" are for the victims of crime that are willing to accept a solution, for fixing the problems that allowed them to be victimized.
My Charitable "Impulses" are for People wanting to succeed.

Not some street crumb with no more morals than what they have brains, with a criminal record.

Again, nobody.

My charitable "impulses" are for the poor that want help and that are willing to help themselves by shutting the fuck up, opening their eyes and ears, and taking some advice.

My Charitable "Impulses" are for the kids and hard working adults dying of cancer.
My Charitable "Impulses" are for the victims of crime that are willing to accept a solution, for fixing the problems that allowed them to be victimized.

Not some street crumb with no more morals than what they have brains, with a criminal record.

Again, nobody.

I care about myself and my own well being and I do what is best for me.

I do what I need to do to not be in trouble with the law.
I do what I need to do to not be a victim of crime.
I do what I need to do to have good friends in my life.
I do what I need to do to make a living.

Its not society's job to care about a murderer.

And YOU made a statement about my charitability and so you got the answer.

That's why.

And its in clean debate zone so that we have a discussion instead of a Retardussion, and some rules are followed.
The Equivalent to taking a Skinhead to court and having him answer to the lawyers and judges in front of a Jury...
As opposed to banging on the retard's home door looking for an argument.

Last edited:

1. Who told you it was your responsibility?

2. The only thing you can do is remember that and be against it. If your not taking a stand your supporting the person/system doing wrong.

3. Who told you it was your responsibility?

4. Who told you that you should there and be poor?

5. Its never your responsibility to listen to sob stories. If you are doing so then you are making a choice.

Forum List

Back