Fiscal Responsibility: Trumps Military Parade to cost $92 Million

Fuck actually fixing anything in this country, just as long as Trump gets to feed his ego that's all that matters.

Fuck him and anyone who supports him.

Will somebody please tell me, a U.S. citizen, why this parade is necessary? What exactly is the point of it?

Pride in America, show the greatness of our Fantastic Military.

At least as good of a reason for a parade as the Mummers, Macy Day, Mardi Gras or St. Paddy's Day

Most of those fantastic military personnel that are chosen to participate in the parade are gonna be resentful that they have to do it. There is a lot of crap a person has to do for things like this. They have to make sure their uniforms are inspection ready, as well as have to make sure they have fresh haircuts.

And, like I said, if they are Navy, chances are they will have to spend a few days practicing marching, because after A school, Sailors stop marching. Not much room for it on a ship.

A lot of people in the military might not like to do what they are told to by their commanders. But they do it anyhow- its part of their job.

This old timer I know who passed on a few years ago, was in the Army during WWII and was pretty much pissed about the forced march that Patton made them do on Christmas. He complained, but got over it.

Yeah, there are lots of things that I had to do over the 20 years I was in the Navy that I was less than amused by. But, most of those things were necessary for the command to function and keep going. Parades are not mission essential and they eat up a lot of time that the command could use for other things.

I've had to participate in a few of these things, and I hated having to go to all of them, with the exception of one ceremony. We were called to participate in a ceremony honoring WWII fallen soldiers in France. That was the only one that had any real significance for me. Dressing up and marching just to placate the ego of Trump? That I consider a huge waste of time.

Will somebody please tell me, a U.S. citizen, why this parade is necessary? What exactly is the point of it?

At least as good of a reason for a parade as the Mummers, Macy Day, Mardi Gras or St. Paddy's Day

Most of those fantastic military personnel that are chosen to participate in the parade are gonna be resentful that they have to do it. There is a lot of crap a person has to do for things like this. They have to make sure their uniforms are inspection ready, as well as have to make sure they have fresh haircuts.

And, like I said, if they are Navy, chances are they will have to spend a few days practicing marching, because after A school, Sailors stop marching. Not much room for it on a ship.

A lot of people in the military might not like to do what they are told to by their commanders. But they do it anyhow- its part of their job.

This old timer I know who passed on a few years ago, was in the Army during WWII and was pretty much pissed about the forced march that Patton made them do on Christmas. He complained, but got over it.

Yeah, there are lots of things that I had to do over the 20 years I was in the Navy that I was less than amused by. But, most of those things were necessary for the command to function and keep going. Parades are not mission essential and they eat up a lot of time that the command could use for other things.

I've had to participate in a few of these things, and I hated having to go to all of them, with the exception of one ceremony. We were called to participate in a ceremony honoring WWII fallen soldiers in France. That was the only one that had any real significance for me. Dressing up and marching just to placate the ego of Trump? That I consider a huge waste of time.

It has nothing to do with our President's ego. It has to do with showing our people and the people of the rest of the world, how fabulous our military capabilities are.

It has nothing to do with our President's ego. It has to do with showing our people and the people of the rest of the world, how fabulous our military capabilities are.

We already do that in the form of air shows. The military spends a lot of money for commands like the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds to travel from place to place for most of the year touring the country.

It's a parade to honor the U.S. Military for Christ sake. Where were y'all fiscal experts when Barry flew boxcars loaded with about a billion dollars in freaking pallets of cash to freaking IRAN? WTF is wrong with you people?

Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."

The stress, from watching America being celebrated, will shorten the lives of millions of liberals, leading to massive savings.

Look at our liberal friends, bitching and whining about a parade to honor our brave heroes in the military. This really shows how much they HATE the military, and the nation it defends. They would shit on an American flag if it suited them.

Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."
Not defending a parade, but really healthcare for all for 92 million? What planet are you on?

A revised estimate of Medicare for all was 32 Trillion for ten years. Which was considered to be conservative. Little homework for you divide 32 Trillion by ten and see if you come even close to 92 million.
The exercises tRump cancelled for lil'kim was reputedly done to save us money. $14 million. Why don't you take that into $92 million Mr math whiz.

"The military" is against the parade btw.

Oh, and I just saw it's cancelled.

/——-/ The Pentagon put it on hold.
The military parade President Trump requested for November has been pushed back to 2019, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Plenty of homeless veterans out here. I'm sure they'll love the parade instead of having that money used to help them.

If he wants to spend that much money for something entirely fucking pointless other than to stroke his own ego, then maybe he should pay for it himself.

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Trump’s military parade postponed to next year, Pentagon says

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.
I'm a USN SeaBee Veteran and I support the parade

-Geaux

Snip:

I'm a USN SeaBee Veteran and I support the parade

-Geaux

Glad you are in the minority and thank you for your service. :)

Could feed every homeless veteran for a year.

I think POTUS would give Veterans the shirt off his back. It's the Rhino Republicans like Ryan, McCain and et al, who are in the tank

-Geaux

Maybe he "would" but he has not. Strzok bears a striking resemblance to you, Geaux4it, I think.

Snip:

Wonderful to see your name pop up Milady.

iu

Excellent post too.

Forum List

Back