Fiscal Responsibility: Trumps Military Parade to cost $92 Million

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."

Bonus points for the first of you who shift the blame to Obama/Clinton

You know, I feel sorry for the poor saps from the Navy that get roped into participating in this parade.

Why? Because in the Navy, you basically quit marching to places after you finish A school. Once you hit your command, marching is a thing of the past, and if they want you to participate in something that requires marching, they are going to have to practice for a few days to get back in the swing of things.

Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."
Not defending a parade, but really healthcare for all for 92 million? What planet are you on?

A revised estimate of Medicare for all was 32 Trillion for ten years. Which was considered to be conservative. Little homework for you divide 32 Trillion by ten and see if you come even close to 92 million.

Obama's globe trotting cost a lot more. What was the cost of his World Apology Tour in 2009?

This is an inexpensive event, with a lot of history behind it. The RE used to have periodic Roman Triumphs, a big military parade to celebrate their heroes.

I can't see how we can't do this.

BTW, Obama wanted to spend a LOT MORE on the 2016 Olympic Games and made a personal bid. That would have cost in the billions, and libs threw a conniption fit when a lot of taxpayers complained.

Of course it will. Hell, his lunch alone will cost $1,742,837.00! And that's without the Diet Cokes!

:auiqs.jpg:

Nice to see Barnum's legions flopping around as entertainment.

Barry Hussein took about three plane loads of campaign supporters on a trip to Norway with a lame excuse to lobby for the Winter Olympics in freaking Chicago of all places. The left applauded the effort but they certainly will never applaud the Military. Maybe lefties just expect more from republican administrations but Obama had little fiscal responsibility and the economy stayed stagnant.

Will somebody please tell me, a U.S. citizen, why this parade is necessary? What exactly is the point of it?

Barry Hussein took about three plane loads of campaign supporters on a trip to Norway with a lame excuse to lobby for the Winter Olympics in freaking Chicago of all places. The left applauded the effort but they certainly will never applaud the Military. Maybe lefties just expect more from republican administrations but Obama had little fiscal responsibility and the economy stayed stagnant.

Who was "Barry Hussein"?

Will somebody please tell me, a U.S. citizen, why this parade is necessary? What exactly is the point of it?

Pride in America, show the greatness of our Fantastic Military.

At least as good of a reason for a parade as the Mummers, Macy Day, Mardi Gras or St. Paddy's Day

At least as good of a reason for a parade as the Mummers, Macy Day, Mardi Gras or St. Paddy's Day

Most of those fantastic military personnel that are chosen to participate in the parade are gonna be resentful that they have to do it. There is a lot of crap a person has to do for things like this. They have to make sure their uniforms are inspection ready, as well as have to make sure they have fresh haircuts.

And, like I said, if they are Navy, chances are they will have to spend a few days practicing marching, because after A school, Sailors stop marching. Not much room for it on a ship.

Obama's globe trotting cost a lot more. What was the cost of his World Apology Tour in 2009?

This is an inexpensive event, with a lot of history behind it. The RE used to have periodic Roman Triumphs, a big military parade to celebrate their heroes.

I can't see how we can't do this.

BTW, Obama wanted to spend a LOT MORE on the 2016 Olympic Games and made a personal bid. That would have cost in the billions, and libs threw a conniption fit when a lot of taxpayers complained.

You turned it back to Obama. You win!

Your masters are pleased.

A military parade?

Isn’t that the kind of nonsense they do in places like North Korea to show themselves how badass they are?

Why don't we should pride in our military by getting our veterans decent healthcare and not toss them out in the fucking cold.

A military parade?

Isn’t that the kind of nonsense they do in places like North Korea to show themselves how badass they are?

Trump admires dictators so of course he wants to emulate them.

Most of those fantastic military personnel that are chosen to participate in the parade are gonna be resentful that they have to do it. There is a lot of crap a person has to do for things like this. They have to make sure their uniforms are inspection ready, as well as have to make sure they have fresh haircuts.

And, like I said, if they are Navy, chances are they will have to spend a few days practicing marching, because after A school, Sailors stop marching. Not much room for it on a ship.

A lot of people in the military might not like to do what they are told to by their commanders. But they do it anyhow- its part of their job.

This old timer I know who passed on a few years ago, was in the Army during WWII and was pretty much pissed about the forced march that Patton made them do on Christmas. He complained, but got over it.

There’s nothing like pissing off the military to show how much you love them.

Why don't we should pride in our military by getting our veterans decent healthcare and not toss them out in the fucking cold.

Actually they do get good health care provided by the medics in the Army. If a man gets shot on the battlefield, the medics will treat him, and not even send the patient a bill.

Actually they do get good health care provided by the medics in the Army. If a man gets shot on the battlefield, the medics will treat him, and not even send the patient a bill.

Ok, you're obviously a professional troll. Bye.

New Topics

Forum List

Back