Fiscal Responsibility: Trumps Military Parade to cost $92 Million

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Trump’s military parade postponed to next year, Pentagon says

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.

Wonderful to see your name pop up Milady.

iu

Excellent post too.
:re:

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.
And I was soooo looking forward to wearing my old uniform again.

2f229bfc24c115fa8590568f0ea15767.jpg

Remind me again how the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility and we can't afford to guarantee healthcare for all citizens.

Trump's military parade is estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate

"The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million."
Not defending a parade, but really healthcare for all for 92 million? What planet are you on?

A revised estimate of Medicare for all was 32 Trillion for ten years. Which was considered to be conservative. Little homework for you divide 32 Trillion by ten and see if you come even close to 92 million.
The exercises tRump cancelled for lil'kim was reputedly done to save us money. $14 million. Why don't you take that into $92 million Mr math whiz.
You can still add that to the 92 million and you still come up short of paying for healthcare for all. Sorry math is sooo hard for some.

Snip:

This is tRump's way of caving.

Whenever you see t-Rump push anything to the future, you know he's lying.

It's cancelled folks.

About damn time.

Snip:

Many countries far smaller than us have such parades to the applause and pride of their nation.

I'm not into Parades but what the heck; they're good value re propaganda.

Greg

I'm the wife of a disabled vet and daughter of a Bronze Star recipient dad....a military brat :D, and I am against it!!! A complete waste of money, even for it, next year!
What if they had a section with your nearest and dearest in them to honour them?

Greg

Snip:

Reasonable. Give more time to plan so it will be spectacular. .

Snip:

Many countries far smaller than us have such parades to the applause and pride of their nation.

Oh they have to applaud. If they don't they'll be shot.

iu

Take notes now.

Snip:

Oh they have to applaud. If they don't they'll be shot.

iu

Take notes now.
SOK; you can still spit on them and throw pigs blood on them like you used to.

Beware of President Trump supporters this time though.

Greg

Snip:

I'm a USN SeaBee Veteran and I support the parade

-Geaux

There'll always be people into spending money for no reason other than fuzzy feelings about nationalism.

Snip:

I'm a USN SeaBee Veteran and I support the parade

-Geaux

There'll always be people into spending money for no reason other than fuzzy feelings about nationalism.

I'm sure his fake Time Magazine cover didn't cost nearly this much.

Forum List

Back