GREAT!: Number Of 401(K) Millionaires Hits Record...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

A record number of investors became 401(k) millionaires this spring.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

Number of Fidelity 401(k) millionaires hits record high
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I wonder how many of those folks thought they would be worth a million??

Its good news.

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Armageddon!!!

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

At 43 years old I am at around $380,000. On target for over a million when I retire.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

people made a ton of $$ in the market since 2009 ... look at a DOW 10 yer chart.

NASDAQ

NASDAQ Composite Index - 10 Year Daily Chart

DOW

main-qimg-65405f9edf1215b10423066fcaeb9425

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

At 43 years old I am at around $380,000. On target for over a million when I retire.

Good on ya. :thup:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

people made a ton of $$ in the market since 2009 ... look at a DOW 10 yer chart.

NASDAQ

DOW

So, you're saying that the "Social Security Trust Fund" should be invested in US equities. Thank you

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

NASDAQ

DOW

So, you're saying that the "Social Security Trust Fund" should be invested in US equities. Thank you

Social Security sends out pamphlets every couple of years or so. If you are older, and take that pamphlet to a reputable investment company, and ask them how much you would be worth today if all that SS money was privately invested, you'd probably shit yourself.

It think most all of us would be millionaires today, and some of us able to retire before 65 (67 in my case). But even if we never enjoyed any of that money, our family will when we pass it down. Today if you die before collecting SS, all that money went bye-bye and your family doesn't see a dime of it.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hough Hewitt had a discussion on the radio about six months ago about withdrawing some of your IRA. He suggested that the government should allow us a one-time withdrawal of our retirement money with a small tax if we used that money specifically for a home purchase or to repay a mortgage. The max would be 20% of whatever you have in there today. He had this discussion with a Congressman (I forget who now) that said he may just introduce that suggestion to Congress. I haven't heard anything since then.

Boy would I love for them to push that idea through, and I think so would millions of other Americans.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
/——-/ 50,000 more rich that the left can target as enemies of the state.

Good news......

But having $1 million is a 401k does not buy you a guaranteed retirement

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Hough Hewitt had a discussion on the radio about six months ago about withdrawing some of your IRA. He suggested that the government should allow us a one-time withdrawal of our retirement money with a small tax if we used that money specifically for a home purchase or to repay a mortgage. The max would be 20% of whatever you have in there today. He had this discussion with a Congressman (I forget who now) that said he may just introduce that suggestion to Congress. I haven't heard anything since then.

Boy would I love for them to push that idea through, and I think so would millions of other Americans.

Not a bad idea

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

/——/ Learn how to sell covered calls in your 401k. Easy if you do them with ETFs rather than individual stocks. I pick up $100,000 a year doing it.

Forum List

Back