Fiscal Cliff Deal Reached: White House, Hill Leaders Agree To Delay Sequester

So taxes are going up on those earning over 450K a year? Oh my, how will they ever get by!?

For individuals it's 400,000, for couples it's 450,000. That was good negotiations right there. Really Biden and McConnell took charge there and brought things to a more cooperative level.

It is a huge step more than was an hour ago.
Really doesn't' mean a thing though. And truthfully, I'd love to see the look on Harry "Pass the Cheddar" Reid's face when it is announced that Boner won't be bringing the deal to the floor for a vote.

You really can't say it doesn't mean a thing.

Boehner is not the problem. Cantor is.

Boehner is a weak Speaker. He is a definate problem for the Republican party. He and Cantor are complete and utter idiots.

GOP Claim we need to cut spending but only cut spending on the things oh such as welfare, Social security ect ect And the Dems claim the same about the GOP which both sides are kind of right but both sides spend an inhuman amount of money on Bull$hit.

Also Marco Rubio voted no he proved to me tonight he is a total idiot..... And i am awaiting John B to kill this deal in the house i can see it coming a mile off.

GOP Claim we need to cut spending but only cut spending on the things oh such as welfare, Social security ect ect And the Dems claim the same about the GOP which both sides are kind of right but both sides spend an inhuman amount of money on Bull$hit.

Also Marco Rubio voted no he proved to me tonight he is a total idiot..... And i am awaiting John B to kill this deal in the house i can see it coming a mile off.

Rubio has my vote in 2016.

The deal is shit. All taxes and no budget cuts.

dems got their tax raise and entitlement protections while the GOP pushed back the spending cuts to Feb. The TPM members have to learn how to be adult. For shame.

In other words, the Republicans got nothing, what's "adult" about that, you senile old coot?

You mean the GOP only wants to cut the biggest items in the budget? Yeah, that is so hypocritical!

Any republican who voted "yes" for that ass reaming is an imbecile.

You mean the GOP only wants to cut the biggest items in the budget? Yeah, that is so hypocritical!

Any republican who voted "yes" for that ass reaming is an imbecile.[/QUOTE]

Considering the Defense bill is the largest......... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Any republican who voted "yes" for that ass reaming is an imbecile.

Considering the Defense bill is the largest......... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Yeah, we don't need no stinking defense!

Dont need as much no....... Stop being a dumbass GOP warmonger

Last edited:
If the TeaP had been willing to govern rather than yell, we may have got some spending cuts in defense and reform in entitlements. Thank heavens more than 40 GOP senators were willing to govern. I imagine the same will occur in the House today.

Now we have to wait to February to do that.

The TeaPs don't have the power they think they do.
dems got their tax raise and entitlement protections while the GOP pushed back the spending cuts to Feb. The TPM members have to learn how to be adult. For shame.

In other words, the Republicans got nothing, what's "adult" about that, you senile old coot?

If the TeaP had been willing to govern rather than yell, we may have got some spending cuts in defense and reform in entitlements. Thank heavens more than 40 GOP senators were willing to govern. I imagine the same will occur in the House today.

Now we have to wait to February to do that.

The TeaPs don't have the power they think they do.

Couldn't agree more.

So, $620 billion in tax increases (supposedly) in exchange for a promise of $15 billion in "cuts", a 41:1 ratio of taxes to cuts.

The cuts never come. They didn't come when Reagan was promised $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes. The cuts didn't come when Bush I was promised $2 in cuts for every $1 in tax hikes.

Nobody is cutting shit.

The House is out of it's frickin' mind if they vote for this.

We went off the 'Fiscal Cliff' a long time ago. This 'Deal' is just another sad sham. Until spending is seriously addressed, our problems will only get worse. But this 'Deal' will pacify the Sheeple i guess. But then again, it doesn't take much to pacify the Sheeple.

The libertarians here will never get what they want, an American culture and governance that is libertarian. Why? The overwhelming majority of Americans think libertarianism is stupid. It is.

Everyone knew this would be the outcome.
Would have been better to have gone off the cliff....

Kick the can down the road.
That's all these fucks are good for.

Bush & Obama have already driven us off the 'Fiscal Cliff.' This 'Deal' is actually an insult to the People. They've completely screwed many future generations.

Forum List

Back