Fiscal Cliff Deal Reached: White House, Hill Leaders Agree To Delay Sequester

so, no deal is reached then.

Thread is nothing but a shame.

It is a huge step more than was an hour ago.
Really doesn't' mean a thing though. And truthfully, I'd love to see the look on Harry "Pass the Cheddar" Reid's face when it is announced that Boner won't be bringing the deal to the floor for a vote.

You really can't say it doesn't mean a thing.

Boehner is not the problem. Cantor is.

if_gop_wins_let_the_back_stabbing_and_infighting_begin.jpg

It is a huge step more than was an hour ago.
Really doesn't' mean a thing though. And truthfully, I'd love to see the look on Harry "Pass the Cheddar" Reid's face when it is announced that Boner won't be bringing the deal to the floor for a vote.

You really can't say it doesn't mean a thing.

Boehner is not the problem. Cantor is.
the problem is the Democrats.

There is no problem being solved with a tax hike. The only thing that will save this country is to reduce government by at least half.

Until that deal is put on the table, the GOP should not bring anything up for a vote, OR, they can start voting when Reid brings the 20+ bills the House has sent to them up for votes.

Until then, this is the bed the Democrats made. They can lay in it.

There is no deal you idiot. A deal would require passage by both houses. All you're hearing is the media bluster and you're lapping it up like a good little mutt

dems got their tax raise and entitlement protections while the GOP pushed back the spending cuts to Feb. The TPM members have to learn how to be adult. For shame.

The spending cuts were the only thing I like about that deal. The Repubs did all the wrong things, as usual.

One thing is for sure if this deal goes through whatever impact it has good, bad, or indifferent Obama owns it he got the tax increase on the rich there is no entitlement reform or real spending cuts the sequester has been pushed back if this thing has a positive impact good for him if it has a negative impact no blaming the Republicans for this one Mr President it's all yours.

This is a deal?

But there was discontent among Senate Democrats worried that the proposal did not go far enough in taxing the rich. The Democrats asked for a meeting with Vice President Joe Biden to have him explain the talks he was having with Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

"The caucus as a whole is not sold" on the plan, said a Senate Democratic aide. "We just don't have the votes for it."

"Fiscal cliff" tumble looms despite Senate efforts - Yahoo! News

It will be an interesting night, that's for sure. Have a great and healthy new year.

^They had better pass it. The rich can afford to pay higher taxes. Poor Americans can't live with social security.

^They had better pass it. The rich can afford to pay higher taxes. Poor Americans can't live with social security.

Nor can middle class Amerians who have outlived their savings. The fact is the GOP and its supporters don't care.

It is already well know that the Republicans don't give a crap about the poor. They can't relate to them, so why bother with them?

Hasn't passed the Senate yet. Doubt if the House votes on it if the Senate doesn't pass it. I think both propositions are shaky, there are dems in the Senate who thinkit didn't go far enough.

Just in: CBO scored the deal, I think it was 620 billion in new taxes, something like 15 billion in less spending. Yeah, that'll really help solve the deficit problem.

This whole thing is politics, this is where Obama lives and most of these politicians are no better on both sides. None of this stuff helps fix our real problems and Obama offers no solutions only more politics

Forum List

Back