First we get "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..."

Yup. Here we go again. 2000 pages of legal-eze which thoughtful legislators admit does not address most of the systemic problems that created the current financial mess, that the legislators themselves have not read and most don't care what is in it, and of which Chris Dodd said:

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."

Wouldn't it inspire more confidence in our fearless leaders if they knew how something works BEFORE they voted on it?

Lawmakers guide Dodd-Frank bill for Wall Street reform into homestretch

Yeah, I posted the same quote. The man [Dodd] belongs in an orange Jumpsuit sharing a 6 X 10 cell with a burley man named 'Bubba' rather than a Congressional Committee hearing room. And that goes for his partner in crime Bawney Fwank whom was also at the same meeting.

If I'm not mistaken, "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..." was an observation that so much misinformation was swirling around the health care bill that only actual implementation would ever put them to rest. I can't tell from the context what Dodd's statement means.

Funny thing about all that misinformation being passed around, most of it seems to have been coming from the Democrats, as almost everything the Republicans said about it turned out to be exactly what has happened. Maybe you should actually think about that before you try to claim the story took the quote out of context.

Now we get

"No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."
House, Senate leaders finalize details of sweeping financial overhaul

WTF?

If they don't know how it works why do they want to try it? Is our economy a lab experiment now?

I guess you're opposed to any and all attempts to cap the leaking oil from BP's disaster. After all, no one knows how it's going to work, or if it will work at all, until the cap is put in place.:cuckoo:

Is that a strawman?

Why don't you respond to the OP? Is it to complicated for you? If you want to discuss the leaking well start your own thread.

If I'm not mistaken, "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..." was an observation that so much misinformation was swirling around the health care bill that only actual implementation would ever put them to rest. I can't tell from the context what Dodd's statement means.

That's no excuse! Whose repsonsibility was it to make sure the correct information was available? Yep.. but no,, these asswipes have been known to vote for and sign legislation they haven't even read. We don't call them DUmmies for nothing.

But don't you see that it gives them an 'out' when things go awry. They can feign ignorance...and it would be true. But they are still responsible for what they sign up for in our name.

they don't have to feign ignorance most of em are stamped with stupid. :lol:

Forum List

Back