First time here for me. I am not politically correct. Two things I absolutely believe in: The Bible, the US Constitution. If that offends you, well,

. . . there are many, many posters on here, that HATE, and LOATH the Constitution, and are actively working to subvert the supreme law of the land. . . so? why do they post here. . . why do they spend so much time making everyone hate each other? Why do they spend time spreading lies, and if they hate it so much here, why do they stay? If they don't think the Constitution is good, why do they even bother to stay on this forum? It is USMB, the Constitution is sort of like, the ground rules, why do they stay?

You said it Mr. B, in a word: SUBVERSION.

They are psychological terrorists seeking revolution. Remember, it was Obumma who called for FUNDAMENTAL change.

It is a great thing, an AMERICAN thing, to question your government, want the best you can get from it, but quite another to try to SUBVERT it.

Subversion is a form of CORRUPTION. And those that try to do that are effectively ATTACKING OUR COUNTRY and are no better than ISIS.

Ironic isn't it that these are the very same people decrying the election revolt that happened at the Capitol as an "insurrection?"

I am not politically correct. Two things I absolutely believe in: The Bible, the US Constitution. If that offends you, well,
US4CC.meme.Biden_and_Dude_Jim_Halpert - GVMNT_is_AFU.png

I am not politically correct. Two things I absolutely believe in: The Bible, the US Constitution. If that offends you, well,
Sounds like you have a successful personal and business life right?

Brashness is fine as long as you can back it up

Welcome

I finally put this pos on ignore.
We technically have the oldest functioning government on the planet, and this nutball wants to change it? wtf?

If anything, we should audit the shit out of it and get back to first principles.

. . . first thing that needs to go. . . the FED.

toobfreak wrote: Do you really suppose that the Bible played no influence on the Founder's writing of the US Constitution?
21SEP04-POST#63

NFBW 21SEP04-POST#73 Which parts of the Bible? The diamonds or the dunghills?

“”” Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, 24 January 1814 - “in the New testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. it is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.“ TJ-14JAN24-dunghills “”” 21SEP04-POST#73

Last edited:
toobfreak wrote: Do you really suppose that the Bible played no influence on the Founder's writing of the US Constitution?
21SEP04-POST#63

NFBW wrote: Founder and 2nd President John Adam’s was anti-Catholic like nearly every colonist was at the time. Jefferson cut up his Bible and made a Jefferson Bible out of it by eliminating the hocus pocus junk in it.. 21SEP05-POST#74

“”” "Is there any instance of a Roman Catholic monarchy of five and 20 million at once converted into a free and rational people?" he {John Adam’s} once asked Dr. Joseph Priestley, a philosopher and Francophile.

"No, I know of no instance like it." Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote, "This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."
It's hard to recognize freedom's champion in this letter to his wife Abigail in which he describes a visit to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Philadelphia. His pen dripping with contempt and pity, Adams catalogues the repellant customs: "The poor wretches fingering their beads, chanting Latin, not a word of which they understood, Their holy Water--their Crossing themselves perpetually--their Bowing to the Name of Jesus, whererever they hear it --their Bowings, and Kneelings, and Genuflections before the Altar." JA-antiCatholic-01 “”” 21SEP05-POST#74

NFBW wrote: Can you toobfreak substantiate the claim that the HOLY Bible
had much if any influence on the founders clearing and writing the US Constitution? 21SEP05-POST#74

“”” The Church received its sacred writings from the apostles, and the Catholic Church manifests the true canon of Scripture by its continuous use of certain books as sacred Scripture in its liturgies.

Without the Catholic Church, the canon cannot be made manifest, and if the canon is not made manifest then it is up to each individual Christian to determine which books should or should not be included in Scripture.

The Bible, therefore, is really a Catholic book in that it came from the very heart of the Catholic Church. Its authenticity, veracity, canon and proper interpretation all depend upon the witness of the Church. When the Bible is taken out of its Catholic context, the very foundation upon which we can know that the Scripture is inspired, true, authentic, complete and properly understood is undermined. Without the Church, the Scripture is no more defensible than if it had one day fallen out of the sky. Bible&Catholic-01 “”” 21SEP05-POST#74

He knows fully well.

He's just intellectually dishonest. Dude's a genuine third rate slime ball.

America's fundamental governmental philosopy itself is religious in nature.

''All men are created...endowed by their Creator...''
Yet it is unaffiliated with any particular religion!

Have you sufficient brain cells to grasp that? You cannot insert CHRISTIANITY (or any other particular religion) into government. Got that? Is it not simple enough for you to understand?

The bible and the constitution are offensive to you? Please get out, China is hiring traitors.
Not liking the Bible is not treason, fool. Nor is liking or disliking any particular religious text.

You are apparently too dull-witted to grasp that we have a secular democracy here, separation of church and state, and there are very good reasons for that. If you knew anything about history this would not have to be explained to you.

Forum List

Back