Fined for feeding the homeless.

Not true at all…restaurants need licenses for example…food trucks need permits etc

Business license. While I have issues there also, it's not the same. If I see someone hungry and I invite them to lunch I do not need anyone's permission. These people are doing that on a larger scale.

In this case they are holding a public event in a common, so just to reserve the space for this event they at least needed a permit, and failed to get one

Why do they think they are above the law?

I disagree with any law that states anyone needs to get the state's permission to feed someone hungry.

Maybe the Bible needs rewrote to where Jesus is arrested for feeding the multitude.

Business license. While I have issues there also, it's not the same. If I see someone hungry and I invite them to lunch I do not need anyone's permission. These people are doing that on a larger scale.

I disagree with any law that states anyone needs to get the state's permission to feed someone hungry.

Maybe the Bible needs rewrote to where Jesus is arrested for feeding the multitude.
Sure you don’t need permission to do that but that’s not what this was…it was a massive food event

You need a permit to host a large food in the middle of your town

Sure you don’t need permission to do that but that’s not what this was…it was a massive food event

You need a permit to host a large food in the middle of your town

Did you read where they won their first court case?

Did you read where they won their first court case?
Not sure the details, did the judge just dismiss it with court cost? It’s a minor civil penalty…they are clearly more interested in making some silly headlines then feeding the poor…if they were they’d simply get the permit

The left screwed up royally on the “homeless” issue but refuse to admit it
It’s true, what they have alllowed to happen in California is mind blowing…many parts look like a scene out of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

It’s true, what they have alllowed to happen in California is mind blowing…many parts look like a scene out of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Or a bad zombie movie

Did you note they won their first case?
Yeah, property owners have no rights, great news, I live in a city where the downtown is being deserted because the crime and homeless have drove out the customers and businesses. So the downtown is dying, which I guess is okay.

Yeah, property owners have no rights, great news, I live in a city where the downtown is being deserted because the crime and homeless have drove out the customers and businesses. So the downtown is dying, which I guess is okay.

Do you understand these people are part owners of the public library?

Street vendors at the beach announce their inventory.

Good, when cities can’t afford to upkeep their cities because the downtown’s are dying dont come crying to me. I stay out of downtown areas and let others live there.

In Springfield Oregon, they don't allow drivers to pass items to street corner panhandlers. You'll pay a fine if caught. It's worked great, and you won't see panhandlers on the streets. Next door in Eugene they are everywhere.
Thread win.

Really? What did they pay in city taxes last year?

Regardless, it’s not relevant…a person with a home still needs a permit to host a food event in the space

Really? What did they pay in city taxes last year?

Regardless, it’s not relevant…a person with a home still needs a permit to host a food event in the space
Sales taxes. If anyone buys anything they pay sales taxes and even homeless people buy things

Sales taxes. If anyone buys anything they pay sales taxes and even homeless people buy things
Excellent point.

regardless when something it’s owned by the public, it’s really owned by the govt, and to ensure all people can safely enjoy the public space the govt can regulate it, ie require a permit for large events like a food event…these folks thought they were above the law, and instead of actually trying to help the homeless staged an event to try and make a politicos statement…not uncommon with the left

Excellent point.

regardless when something it’s owned by the public, it’s really owned by the govt, and to ensure all people can safely enjoy the public space the govt can regulate it, ie require a permit for large events like a food event…these folks thought they were above the law, and instead of actually trying to help the homeless staged an event to try and make a politicos statement…not uncommon with the left
They weren't selling food they were giving it away.

They were doing nothing that endangered the public. And I didn't read any mention of any political statements in the news article.

Forum List

Back