Fined for feeding the homeless.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how it is that there are people who would even be able to write this fine up to give to people.

It instantly brings up the line from "Cool Hand Luke", calling it your job doesn't make it right, boss.

I simply could not do it. Then again, I couldn't write someone up for not wearing their seat belt either.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not.

I'll just copy the positive part of the article.

Thankfully, Food Not Bombs says it’s fighting back. Member Phillip Picone announced the charity’s first court victory in a video on July 30. “We’ve got 44 of these tickets, and today we won case number one,” he said. “We’re looking to go forward, and we’re looking to not be harassed, not be threatened with tickets, and not be arrested for having compassion and for fighting poverty.”

Charity sparks uproar with video showing why their members received dozens of fines from police: ‘This is just heartbreaking’
The purpose for these homeless encampments is to manufacture a lawless society.
They don't want anyone trying to feed these people, or take care of them.
They want any aid they receive to come from the government, thus the government owns their asses.
They're going to use them to fill out ballots, and they're going to use them to create riots which leads to burning and looting.

You need to face up to the face that we're being wiped out by a world government that is bent on reducing the world's population to save the planet. This is why Biden keeps talking about Climate Change. Day after day they become more open about their plans and more evil in their intentions.

Conservatives will simultaneously complain we aren’t teaching biblical values while they make it illegal to practice biblical values.

These assholes are just so intolerable sometimes.
What does the magic book say about asking for government permission to help the poor?

Surely not feeding them and preventing them from sleeping in the streets is the best way to cure homelessness .Punish with public flogging or something equally jolly . They should also be ticketed as being actual litter. If nice people do not like it , ask them to adopt one or more of them and stop feeling so sensitive, whining and complaining . Like the Sniveller . Next .
How about building a home for them?

Conservatives will simultaneously complain we aren’t teaching biblical values while they make it illegal to practice biblical values.

These assholes are just so intolerable sometimes.
They want the poverty to be invisible. It started with Trump campaigning with deporting the homeless to rural places. Why are people homeless in a country that started to create subsidized housing back in the 19th century?

If Houston's Democrat mayor really wanted to help the hungry, he would have arranged a place for the people to distribute their food. As it is, it seems like the mayor is more interested in breaking this organizations balls than feeding the poor, so I don't want to hear any more bullshit about liberals being compassionate.

How about stop supplying them with Fentanyl and lower the interest rates on loans.
I agree. There is even worse stuff around:

Such people must be taken into medical centers. They are a threat to others and themselves.
Still, if you don´t want people sleeping in the public, build a home for them. It is not even expensive. It can include rooms, food and apparel give aways. One day, some of them will even contribute to the society again.

How about rebuilding the energy industry Biden destroyed and stop selling our oil to China.
How does he? You have an article on it?

I agree. There is even worse stuff around:

Such people must be taken into medical centers. They are a threat to others and themselves.
Still, if you don´t want people sleeping in the public, build a home for them. It is not even expensive. It can include rooms, food and apparel give aways. One day, some of them will even contribute to the society again.

How does he? You have an article on it?

Many of them don't want a home. They won't even go to an existing shelter.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how it is that there are people who would even be able to write this fine up to give to people.

It instantly brings up the line from "Cool Hand Luke", calling it your job doesn't make it right, boss.

I simply could not do it. Then again, I couldn't write someone up for not wearing their seat belt either.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not.

I'll just copy the positive part of the article.

Thankfully, Food Not Bombs says it’s fighting back. Member Phillip Picone announced the charity’s first court victory in a video on July 30. “We’ve got 44 of these tickets, and today we won case number one,” he said. “We’re looking to go forward, and we’re looking to not be harassed, not be threatened with tickets, and not be arrested for having compassion and for fighting poverty.”

Charity sparks uproar with video showing why their members received dozens of fines from police: ‘This is just heartbreaking’
XHowever, the issue of homelessness has become a political one, with some areas passing anti-homeless laws that criminalize camping, sleeping in public places, begging — and handing out food to those most in need of it, as Food Not Bombs has been doing.

Homelessness is mostly a drug addiction problem and the public is growing damn tired of street bums

XHowever, the issue of homelessness has become a political one, with some areas passing anti-homeless laws that criminalize camping, sleeping in public places, begging — and handing out food to those most in need of it, as Food Not Bombs has been doing.

Homelessness is mostly a drug addiction problem and the public is growing damn tired of street bums
There is this persistent belief that the homeless are good people temporarily down on their luck. All they need is a good meal and a good night's sleep. They will be ready to go to work in the morning.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

There is this persistent belief that the homeless are good people temporarily down on their luck. All they need is a good meal and a good night's sleep. They will be ready to go to work in the morning.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Exactly

They are drug addicts who will rob and steal if necessary to feed their habit

And libs look the other way because they are weak

Funny how you promote leftism, then rail about it when put into practice!

Obviously, by feeding the homeless, they are very much embarrassing the city into admitting these people actually do exist!

Conservatives will simultaneously complain we aren’t teaching biblical values

I believe the biblical injunction is to feed and clothe the poor...

Not feed and clothe the Crackheads.

Exactly

They are drug addicts who will rob and steal if necessary to feed their habit

And libs look the other way because they are weak
They are violent, filthy, and deranged. By feeding them near a library, it puts everyone wanting to use that library at risk.

Nothing, but everything in it's place.....The authorities decided they did not want them fed in that particular place.

Most do-gooders want to be seen doing "good" for their own self-serving reasons, usually that involves using (in this case the hungry) as pawns.

They could just as well have fed them out of sight but noooo, so they get fined in order to be some kind of do-gooder martyr.
Virtue signaling works better in public. If they actually cared about the hungry people they would give them real meals with real meat instead of vegetarian gruel.

The Salvation Army does the same thing but it keeps a low profile. "Food not Bombs" is a political organization that has nothing to do with bombs and not much to do with food.

Forum List

Back