Fined for feeding the homeless.

XHowever, the issue of homelessness has become a political one, with some areas passing anti-homeless laws that criminalize camping, sleeping in public places, begging — and handing out food to those most in need of it, as Food Not Bombs has been doing.

Homelessness is mostly a drug addiction problem and the public is growing damn tired of street bums

The problem is, for too many everything is now about politics.

OOOmmmmmmmm.

Funny how you promote leftism, then rail about it when put into practice!

Obviously, by feeding the homeless, they are very much embarrassing the city into admitting these people actually do exist!

I find it sad that you only see the issue of making sure people are fed as something "left".

I find it sad that you mis-comprehend what I really said then think you can even comment on and blame me for your lack of comprehension.

Well if so, your post was a rambling nonsensical mess.

Most do-gooders want to be seen doing "good" for their own self-serving reasons, usually that involves using (in this case the hungry) as pawns.
Just how the fuck would you know, sociopath? You just compared the homeless to 'feral animals'. Guess what: humans aren't cats or wild animals. Many homeless suffer from addiction and undiagnosed mental illness. How are the homeless being used as 'pawns' by people with a predilection to feed/take care of/house them? Your logic is complete nonsense.

They are only used as pawns by those that want to displace them and pretend the problem no longer exists.

No one needs advice about the homeless from a non self aware hack and sociopath.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how it is that there are people who would even be able to write this fine up to give to people.

It instantly brings up the line from "Cool Hand Luke", calling it your job doesn't make it right, boss.

I simply could not do it. Then again, I couldn't write someone up for not wearing their seat belt either.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not.

I'll just copy the positive part of the article.

Thankfully, Food Not Bombs says it’s fighting back. Member Phillip Picone announced the charity’s first court victory in a video on July 30. “We’ve got 44 of these tickets, and today we won case number one,” he said. “We’re looking to go forward, and we’re looking to not be harassed, not be threatened with tickets, and not be arrested for having compassion and for fighting poverty.”

Charity sparks uproar with video showing why their members received dozens of fines from police: ‘This is just heartbreaking’
From what I am reading, the group is intentionally breaking the law by not asking the property owners for their permission to distribute food. Seems reasonable but some people would rather push for their agendas.

They want the poverty to be invisible. It started with Trump campaigning with deporting the homeless to rural places. Why are people homeless in a country that started to create subsidized housing back in the 19th century?
Because today we have thousands of building codes, building zones, that drive up building costs, also some people who are given housing do not appreciate what they are given and let their housing deteriorate.
It didn’t start with Trump, our country has been trying to hide the poor for a long time. Seattle tries to hide their homeless when events come to town, like the MLB Allstar game.

We have a big problem with families that can’t afford housing, mentally ill people. We need to ease zoning laws, work on educating people to become independent from others.

In Springfield Oregon, they don't allow drivers to pass items to street corner panhandlers. You'll pay a fine if caught. It's worked great, and you won't see panhandlers on the streets. Next door in Eugene they are everywhere.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how it is that there are people who would even be able to write this fine up to give to people.
It’s very easy. We understand Right vs Wrong. Ideas that those in the Progressive world refuse to accept. Given an option I’d do far more than write these fuckers a ticket.
I simply could not do it. Then again, I couldn't write someone up for not wearing their seat belt either.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not
Right and Wrong supersede everything else. It’s that simple. You just don’t understand those concepts.

From what I am reading, the group is intentionally breaking the law by not asking the property owners for their permission to distribute food. Seems reasonable but some people would rather push for their agendas.

Did you note they won their first case?

It’s very easy. We understand Right vs Wrong. Ideas that those in the Progressive world refuse to accept. Given an option I’d do far more than write these fuckers a ticket.

Right and Wrong supersede everything else. It’s that simple. You just don’t understand those concepts.

LOL............I'm not going to pursue this after this but I will note that taking Classified information home is wrong.

OL............I'm not going to pursue this after this but I will note that taking Classified information home is wrong
I would suggest that probably 90% of what is considered “Classified” shouldn’t be. Esosince modt of it is about stuff thst should not exist if the Constitution were being followed.

It instantly brings up the line from "Cool Hand Luke", calling it your job doesn't make it right, boss.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not.

I'll just copy the positive part of the article.

Thankfully, Food Not Bombs says it’s fighting back. Member Phillip Picone announced the charity’s first court victory in a video on July 30. “We’ve got 44 of these tickets, and today we won case number one,” he said. “We’re looking to go forward, and we’re looking to not be harassed, not be threatened with tickets, and not be arrested for having compassion and for fighting poverty.”

Charity sparks uproar with video showing why their members received dozens of fines from police: ‘This is just heartbreaking’
Why didn’t they simply get the proper permits to have their food service event?

I would suggest that probably 90% of what is considered “Classified” shouldn’t be. Esosince modt of it is about stuff thst should not exist if the Constitution were being followed.

Really matters none what you might think.

No one needs the state's permission to feed someone.
Not true at all…restaurants need licenses for example…food trucks need permits etc

In this case they are holding a public event in a common, so just to reserve the space for this event they at least needed a permit, and failed to get one

Why do they think they are above the law?

Forum List

Back