Fined for feeding the homeless.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I can't wrap my mind around the idea of how it is that there are people who would even be able to write this fine up to give to people.

It instantly brings up the line from "Cool Hand Luke", calling it your job doesn't make it right, boss.

I simply could not do it. Then again, I couldn't write someone up for not wearing their seat belt either.

But authoritarians will do their thing, right or not.

I'll just copy the positive part of the article.

Thankfully, Food Not Bombs says it’s fighting back. Member Phillip Picone announced the charity’s first court victory in a video on July 30. “We’ve got 44 of these tickets, and today we won case number one,” he said. “We’re looking to go forward, and we’re looking to not be harassed, not be threatened with tickets, and not be arrested for having compassion and for fighting poverty.”

Charity sparks uproar with video showing why their members received dozens of fines from police: ‘This is just heartbreaking’

Blah, there have been laws on the books for years about it being illegal to feed the wildlife. ;)

il_794xN.3965685526_17y4.jpg

I saw a video about this some time ago, it seemed to me, with the limited knowledge I have of it, that these people are purposefully doing this in areas where they don't have permission by property owners, including high traffic public properties.
One official said that all they has to do is move the operation away from bustling commercial areas and high traffic public buildings and there would not be a problem.

Yeah, why follow a magic book when you can show the most vulnerable who is boss. "Not in my town boy, I am a courageous man of the people. Here is a ticket for feeding the dying'.
They are no different than any other feral animal....Feed them in one spot and they return to feed again.

The do-gooders were told where they could feed them and the do-gooders didn't listen....I hope their fines compound with every offence.

Surely not feeding them and preventing them from sleeping in the streets is the best way to cure homelessness .Punish with public flogging or something equally jolly . They should also be ticketed as being actual litter. If nice people do not like it , ask them to adopt one or more of them and stop feeling so sensitive, whining and complaining . Like the Sniveller . Next .

Surely not feeding them and preventing them from sleeping in the streets is the best way to cure homelessness .Punish with public flogging or something equally jolly . They should also be ticketed as being actual litter. If nice people do not like it , ask them to adopt one or more of them and stop feeling so sensitive, whining and complaining . Next .
1ca30078-7f40-4bb8-90e2-9b50d5dfce9c_text.gif

Surely not feeding them and preventing them from sleeping in the streets is the best way to cure homelessness .Punish with public flogging or something equally jolly . They should also be ticketed as being actual litter. If nice people do not like it , ask them to adopt one or more of them and stop feeling so sensitive, whining and complaining . Like the Sniveller . Next .
Surely it's better people starve then have a little something to eat.

Why are you people so fucking callous?

So what's wrong with feeding hungry people?
Nothing, but everything in it's place.....The authorities decided they did not want them fed in that particular place.

Most do-gooders want to be seen doing "good" for their own self-serving reasons, usually that involves using (in this case the hungry) as pawns.

They could just as well have fed them out of sight but noooo, so they get fined in order to be some kind of do-gooder martyr.

Well..there's always Putin's solution..draft them and send them to Ukraine to die...problem solved, right?
I'm told it also works with convicts and persistent journalists~

Forum List

Back