Female Vet Takes Action to Stop Protesters Defacing the Flag,Takes Cops to Arrest Her

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
Female Vet Takes Action to Stop Protesters Defacing the Flag Takes 4 Cops to Arrest Her Top Right News
When she saw a group of race-baiting “Black Lives Matter” protesters disrespecting our flag, she took matters into her own hands.
She didn’t let up even when the cops got involved.
Air Force veteran Michelle Manhart was arrested in Georgia after an altercation in which she took a flag from Valdosta State University protesters who were stepping on it, the Valdosta Daily Times reported.
Why policemen arrested this woman? Maybe she killed somebody? No! Maybe she stolen something? No!
She just protected the symbol of our country!
Absurd story. What do you think?

Dat ass! Notice how them officers seized the opportunity to get a good pelvic thrust in there! Haha

Still... they could've tazed the bitch. But no. If that was a black bitch than yeah they probably woulda pulled a Palpatine and lit the bitch up.

Last edited:
I guess she'd have had no complaint if they'd been walking on this one...

150px-US_flag_33_stars.svg.png

It's a different day and age. Political correctness is the rule of the land. It trumps the law of the land and the media will hold court, jury and judge over any actions that go against the grain. While it was a noble effort she needs to pick her battles and let the retards do what retards do.

Dat ass! Notice how them officers seized the opportunity to get a good pelvic thrust in there! Haha

Still... they could've tazed the bitch. But no. If that was a black bitch than yeah they probably woulda pulled a Palpatine and lit the bitch up.

You are one retarded &ich.

Cut the funding for the school,and give it to the men and women who serve ( black and white ) it's there coffins that rest under the flag. And if she needs back up iam right here ready to serve as is so many more vet would be.those protesters can pack up and leave go somewhere they will be happy.

Meh...its no different than teapers hanging the flag upside down because we have a n1gger president.

Good thing ol' Hossfly didn't have hold of that flagstaff. I would have punched it right through one of those cop's eyes. This is one time the cops were dead wrong and they need to have classes on the Flag laws. Those who walked on it, spit on it or tore it should have been arrested and jailed until their trial.

Good thing ol' Hossfly didn't have hold of that flagstaff. I would have punched it right through one of those cop's eyes. This is one time the cops were dead wrong and they need to have classes on the Flag laws. Those who walked on it, spit on it or tore it should have been arrested and jailed until their trial.
Just as the founders intended.

Is it law or is it guidelines? Flag "laws" that is. I was always under the impression, they are guidelines and not enforceable public policy. I mean, has anyone ever been arrested for not taking a flag down at night or not burning a tattered flag?

Is it law or is it guidelines? Flag "laws" that is. I was always under the impression, they are guidelines and not enforceable public policy. I mean, has anyone ever been arrested for not taking a flag down at night or not burning a tattered flag?
From the US Code.

18 U.S. Code § 700 - Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties
Current through Pub. L. 113-296, except 113-287, 113-291, 113-295. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

prev | next
(a)
(1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(2) This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
(b) As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
(d)
(1) An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
(2) The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible.

"The American flag represents everything that is best about our country. As the Supreme Court has held, one of those things is the right to free speech, which includes the right to disrespect even the symbol of our country. While I firmly disagree with the actions of the protesters, I understand their right to protest." — Dr. William J. McKinney, president of Valdosta State University.

Veteran stops protesters from walking on flag gets put in handc - WALB.com South Georgia News Weather Sports

True.

And although the woman was not acting in the capacity of a government official, her attempt to physically take the flag from the protesters was nonetheless unwarranted.

From the US Code.

Current through Pub. L. 113-296, except 113-287, 113-291, 113-295. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

prev | next
(a)
(1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(2) This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
(b) As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
(d)
(1) An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
(2) The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible.
I will have to look into that. Is there any case law that you know of? I am looking, but if you have one on the tip of your tongue...post it.

From the US Code.

prev | next
(a)
(d)
Here you go,. Hoss...flag desecration laws are unconstitutional. Freedom of speech.
Texas v. Johnson - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), was a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that invalidated prohibitions on desecrating the American flag enforced in 48 of the 50 states. Justice William Brennan wrote for a five-justice majority in holding that the defendant Gregory Lee Johnson's act of flag burning was protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Johnson was represented by attorneys David D. Cole and William Kunstler.

From the US Code.

prev | next
(a)
(d)
I will have to look into that. Is there any case law that you know of? I am looking, but if you have one on the tip of your tongue...post it.
Don't know of any cases but the SCOTUS in the case of Johnson vs. Texas allowed that flag burning was "freedom of expression." Trampling on the flag or desecration is punishable.

From the US Code.

prev | next
(a)
(d)
Don't know of any cases but the SCOTUS in the case of Johnson vs. Texas allowed that flag burning was "freedom of expression."
Exactly...burning, spitting, stomping on the flag is freedom of speech. There are no enforceable laws for flag desecration. I am not saying I agree with flag desecration in any way...or even support the idea that it is freedom of speech...but the law you posted is unenforceable and even alludes to that in the final paragraph.

I remember a push for a Constitutional Amendment...I remember having that debate in school.

Liberals are the ones who holler unpatriotic the loudest. They have made the flag a scatter rug. Leave liberals to whatever fate awaits them.

Liberals are the ones who holler unpatriotic the loudest. They have made the flag a scatter rug. Leave liberals to whatever fate awaits them.
Did you know t is also against flag etiquette to wear clothing wth the stars and stripes? bet your redneck, racist teaper ass has a denim jacket with the flag on it...or something. We will leave you to whatever fate awaits your racist ass.

Forum List

Back