20 years ago today: The Oklahoma City Bombing

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This is an in-memoriam thread, without political or cultural background. It's simply meant to hold those who perished in our memory, nothing less and nothing more.

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It happened on 19 April, 1995, 20 years ago today.

oklahoma_city_bombing.jpg

Here is a list of the 168 people who died on that day:

Victims Of The Murrah Building Bombing - CBS News

Also, a number of memorial articles published in the last couple of days:

Twenty Years Later The People in the Oklahoma City Bombing - NBC News

Survivors Remember the Oklahoma City Bombing 20 Years Later - NBC News

20 years later wounds remain from Oklahoma City bombing - CBS News
(very poignant video at the CBS link)

20 Years Later Oklahoma City Bombing Victims Fight Stigmas NPR

Twenty years after the Oklahoma City bombing, nearly one in four survivors has markers for PTSD. Counselors are still opening up new cases for first responders as a result of the bombing.

The Oklahoma City bombing 20 years later - Business Insider

Oklahoma City bombing 20 years later key questions remain unanswered US news The Guardian

Oklahoma City bombing remembered 20 years later - TODAY.com

Oklahoma City bombing lessons 20 years later Opinion - CNN.com

Oklahoma City bombing 20 years later On Air Videos Fox News

Oklahoma City Bombing - 20 Years Later Watch the video - Yahoo News

Correction AP Was There-Oklahoma City Bombing Story - ABC News

Oklahoma City 20 years later Covering the tragedy

I believe there is one iconic picture of the carnage of that day that united all of us in grief:

article-2347862-1A7E42D4000005DC-460_634x819.jpg

The continuing story over this picture is here:

Oklahoma city bombing Mother reunited with firefighter who was last to hold her baby daughter in iconic Oklahoma bombing picture Daily Mail Online

And I wrote of my experiences, especially with that image, HERE, one year ago today.

This is not to slight the losses of any other people from that day, but that photo did seem to cause an enormous resonance throughout the country.

In stillness, thoughtfulness and prayer:

memorial_candle.jpg

I published a 19 year memorial thread on this theme last year as well. It's important to me.

Feel free to write your thoughts and memories.

Last edited:
Yes I watched the hour long doc on MSNBC of what his letter said. He was in the Kuwait Iraq War and said the Army taught him how to kill, and he seemed to have no remorse what so ever over what he did or the people he killed. He had killed 2 people in the war. He said those who lost love ones to "get over it". He looked in the phone book for a building that would have a lot of gov. offices in it. I remember it, it was so horrible.

Realize you're getting old when you read headlines like "20 years ago today something happened you remember perfectly." :)

Forum List

Back