CDZ Fellow Conservatives: Let's discuss Carley Fiorina together.

Ok, fair enough. Doesn't sound nice at all but that alone isn't a deal breaker for me.

I would disagree with you there. That alone puts her just one click above jeb.

Neglecting to pay your people for 6 years, and she probably only did so after she decided to go for POTUS is inexcusable. The fact that she reimbursed herself first proves to me she has no concern for people she considers beneath her.

I think I now have 4 republicrats who will get my vote under no circumstance.

Well, I hope that issue comes up and is asked of her. I'd like to hear her response to that. I don't agree my friend but I thank you for your take on her. I welcome anything else you have to add.

Well, I hope that issue comes up and is asked of her. I'd like to hear her response to that. I don't agree my friend but I thank you for your take on her. I welcome anything else you have to add.

You do have a point, she should have a chance to respond. If her reasons turn out to be less than acceptable, and I don't see how they could be acceptable but you never know, I'll keep her on that 4 person list.

I did like her at least a little prior to learning this, so it's possible for her to redeem herself but for clowns like crispy, jeb and cracker...

Nope, they're done in my book.

I like her. But..... what you mentioned does bother me.

All the candidates bother me for one reason or another. Only Trump bothers me as much as Hillary, who bothers me a lot more than Bernie.

Rubio was my favorite candidate for a while. Then he made a vote that infuriated me. Which I have forgotten.

I am still cheering Fiorina

You do have a point, she should have a chance to respond. If her reasons turn out to be less than acceptable, and I don't see how they could be acceptable but you never know, I'll keep her on that 4 person list.

I did like her at least a little prior to learning this, so it's possible for her to redeem herself but for clowns like crispy, jeb and cracker...

Here is the ethics issue as I see it.

"But the matter wasn't settled until Fiorina, who lost her Senate race by 10 points to incumbent Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, was on the cusp of a new political endeavor. In January, Fiorina—whose own wealth is estimated up to $120 million—personally donated $487,000 to her Senate campaign, and then she made good on the back pay, including the money owed to Shumate's family, according to a February 2015 Federal Election Commission filing. Two months later, she officially entered the presidential race."

Okay she is WORTH 120 million dollars and refused just until recently to pay these people.

"Until late last year, Fiorina was close to $500,000 in debt from her 2010 run, nearly all of it in unpaid compensation to campaign staffers and outside consultants, according to Federal Election Commission filings. In 2013, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that Fiorina owed serious cash to former campaign operatives, several of whom were unsure about when they would be paid for their work. And they complained they were not getting clear information from Fiorina about when she would get them their money. At that time, she owed $60,000 to her 2010 campaign manager, Marty Wilson; $20,500 to Beth Miller, a consultant and former aide to California Gov. Pete Wilson; and $30,000 to the firm of veteran GOP political consultant Joe Shumate. "

500K is nothing when you are worth 120 million, NOTHING. And that 20K she owed here or 30K she owed there WERE working people. I am a rock hard conservative and you know that. But the honesty and ethics of paying people and companies you OWE says a LOT about you.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/carly-fiorina-campaign-debt-senate-2016

Here is the ethics issue as I see it.

"But the matter wasn't settled until Fiorina, who lost her Senate race by 10 points to incumbent Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer, was on the cusp of a new political endeavor. In January, Fiorina—whose own wealth is estimated up to $120 million—personally donated $487,000 to her Senate campaign, and then she made good on the back pay, including the money owed to Shumate's family, according to a February 2015 Federal Election Commission filing. Two months later, she officially entered the presidential race."

Okay she is WORTH 120 million dollars and refused just until recently to pay these people.

"Until late last year, Fiorina was close to $500,000 in debt from her 2010 run, nearly all of it in unpaid compensation to campaign staffers and outside consultants, according to Federal Election Commission filings. In 2013, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that Fiorina owed serious cash to former campaign operatives, several of whom were unsure about when they would be paid for their work. And they complained they were not getting clear information from Fiorina about when she would get them their money. At that time, she owed $60,000 to her 2010 campaign manager, Marty Wilson; $20,500 to Beth Miller, a consultant and former aide to California Gov. Pete Wilson; and $30,000 to the firm of veteran GOP political consultant Joe Shumate. "

500K is nothing when you are worth 120 million, NOTHING. And that 20K she owed here or 30K she owed there WERE working people. I am a rock hard conservative and you know that. But the honesty and ethics of paying people and companies you OWE says a LOT about you.

Multimillionaire Carly Fiorina took 4 years to pay staffers from her last campaign

Thank you for that detailed insight. That is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear here. I would consider that a negative sure. No politician is 100%, not one. Every time we vote for anyone, we are always voting for the lesser of multiple evils. Sad to say.

Oh Jesus, that didn't take long.

Carley Fiorina just eliminated herself from my list of people I would consider voting for. She is now saying that we should institute a no-fly zone in the rebel forces areas in Syria and attack any Russian planes that enter. Smh.

Why oh why Carley is it a bad thing that the Russians are killing the terrorists? It would be wise for us to GTFO and allow them to clean up the place. Sorry Ms. Fiorina, you just lost me.

Carley Fiorina just eliminated herself from my list of people I would consider voting for. She is now saying that we should institute a no-fly zone in the rebel forces areas in Syria and attack any Russian planes that enter. Smh.

Why oh why Carley is it a bad thing that the Russians are killing the terrorists? It would be wise for us to GTFO and allow them to clean up the place. Sorry Ms. Fiorina, you just lost me.
How about you pick another and we vett them right on your thread? Tired of a lying a$$ press doing it so WE do it.

I think it is an excellent idea. The russians are killing anti Isis folks.

How about you pick another and we vett them right on your thread? Tired of a lying a$$ press doing it so WE do it.

I've done this with trump, Bush, and Cruz too.

I think it is an excellent idea. The russians are killing anti Isis folks.
Are they? I'm pretty sure they are only killing Anti-Asaad folks. ISIS or otherwise. ISIS and the Syrian Rebels are on the same side.

I think my problem is: she make's me think of Hillary for some reason. Especially when she pulled the sexist card. oh he made fun of my looks. waaaa

Yeah I wish all of our candidates would stop attacking each other and focus on what they are FOR.

Listen closely to the stump speeches of ALL of your candidates. Their applause lines are most often attacks on other candidates. They get a huge response when they tell the audience that things are horrible, too.

There are candidates who have refrained from attacking those running against them. But they are Democrats. Clinton and Sanders get applause when they speak about what they are for. Ou should appreciate that.

Her declaration that Islam is the 'most enlightened religion' almost all but did it for me. I have been impressed with her pretty much until that point, despite a few things here and there. No candidate is or will be perfect...you have to find one that best / closest meets your own 'philosophy'...but that one is a little hard to over-look.

When and where did she say that Islam is "the most enlightened religion?" I don't believe that. No one would say that Islam -- the most backward and regressive religion of all is "enlightened."

I think my problem is: she make's me think of Hillary for some reason. Especially when she pulled the sexist card. oh he made fun of my looks. waaaa

Yeah I wish all of our candidates would stop attacking each other and focus on what they are FOR.

Listen closely to the stump speeches of ALL of your candidates. Their applause lines are most often attacks on other candidates. They get a huge response when they tell the audience that things are horrible, too.

There are candidates who have refrained from attacking those running against them. But they are Democrats. Clinton and Sanders get applause when they speak about what they are for. Ou should appreciate that.

the only candidate who is attacking anyone is Donald Trump. Certainly not Carly.

the only candidate who is attacking anyone is Donald Trump. Certainly not Carly.

That's funny. You must be a hoot at parties.

Sorry, I misspoke. Actually Obama pretty much attacks everyone who fails to agree with him -- he even had bad things to say about Hillary yesterday because she did not 100% fall in line with the Obama view of the world re a no fly zone in Syria. President Obama responds to Hillary Clinton's Syria stance

Sorry, I misspoke. Actually Obama pretty much attacks everyone who fails to agree with him -- he even had bad things to say about Hillary yesterday because she did not 100% fall in line with the Obama view of the world re a no fly zone in Syria. President Obama responds to Hillary Clinton's Syria stance

I get the feeling that you no longer wish to discuss Fiorina. It was to be expected.

I hate to tell you this Fredfan, but you have Carly confused with Hillary who says she wants a no-fly zone. It's Hillary, not Carly.
President Obama responds to Hillary Clinton's Syria stance

Go Carly, go Marco!!

Don't tespond to those assholes. We are here to discuss the merits or lack there of, of our candidates. I'm sure you will agree that they bring nothing of value.

I hate to tell you this Fredfan, but you have Carly confused with Hillary who says she wants a no-fly zone. It's Hillary, not Carly.

Go Carly, go Marco!!

Carly said that as well. I don't have the link, but I saw the interview on TV. It was disappointed in her. I strongly disagree with any politician that wants to waste our resources in that way. Russia is not our enemy. ISIS, and the rest of the terrorists fighting Assad are. It was Obama's stupid idea to support those people. He is wrong in that. Carly should know better.

Go Carly, go Marco!!

Carly said that as well. I don't have the link, but I saw the interview on TV. It was disappointed in her. I strongly disagree with any politician that wants to waste our resources in that way. Russia is not our enemy. ISIS, and the rest of the terrorists fighting Assad are. It was Obama's stupid idea to support those people. He is wrong in that. Carly should know better.

Russia is our enemy. (They even invaded Turkish airspace yesterday daring NATO to do anything about it.) So are Assad, Isis and Iran. All of them are testing the fecklessness of Barak Obama and filling the vacuum left by his failure to have any gonads. He left Iraq without leaving a n adequate residual force. He has abandoned the moderate Rebels in Syria who he pledged to help, and he is in the processes of leaving Afghanistan without leaving a sufficient residual force (much to the dismay of his generals) thus encouraging the Taliban to start murdering dissidents and women again.
BTW, not all of the people fighting Assad the butcher are terrorists.

Forum List

Back