Federal Judge lifts DADT Monday

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
I agree with the lifting of the policy BUT disagree with a Federal Judge doing so.
I support open service of gays and lesbians in the military BUT this is an issue for Congress and the DOD. NOT an issue for a damn Federal Judge.
PERIOD.

I think all branches of government will weigh in on DADT.

Its days are numbered regardless of who calls the shots

25 nations allow gays to serve openly, including the few allies we have. It's not like the idea is new or unproven.

I agree with the lifting of the policy BUT disagree with a Federal Judge doing so.
I support open service of gays and lesbians in the military BUT this is an issue for Congress and the DOD. NOT an issue for a damn Federal Judge.
PERIOD.
Do you know what the courts are for when it comes to matters of constitutionality?

True but transition is key to anything military.
Especially in a war zone.

In the middle of a war:

John: Hey, Mike?

Mike: Yeah?

John: I'm gay

Mike: What? *drops his gun and runs out into the enemy's field of fire*

*everyone panics and forgets their training; the war is lost*

:rolleyes:

True but transition is key to anything military.
Especially in a war zone.

In the middle of a war:

John: Hey, Mike?

Mike: Yeah?

John: I'm gay

Mike: What? *drops his gun and runs out into the enemy's field of fire*

*everyone panics and forgets their training; the war is lost*

:rolleyes:

I agree with you.
I like this one better:
A homophobe is pinned down under enemy machine gunner. A gay tank commander arrives in his tank. He radios that he is there to rescue the men.
"Leave me here, you are gay" states the homophobe.
I oppose the ban.
However:
Do you want Federal Judges dictating military and foreign policy?

Last edited:
PERIOD.
Do you know what the courts are for when it comes to matters of constitutionality?

I do. I have worked death penalty cases and investigated over 1000 criminal cases for trial over the last 30 years.

I agree with you.
I like this one better:
A homophobe is pinned down under enemy machine gunner. A gay tank cmooander arrives in his tank. He radios that he is there to rescue the men.
I oppose the ban.
However:

I understand it would have "looked" and "felt" better coming from Congress or the POTUS or the DoD. But the judge is performing his legitimate function in ruling on the constitutionality of the law.

The only thing I regret about it is Congress and/or Obama not doing it sooner instead of ducking it and letting the courts take the heat from the screamers. Bad form, that.

PERIOD.

I do. I have worked death penalty cases and investigated over 1000 criminal cases for trial over the last 30 years.
Which has what to do with constitutionality?

flipflopflail_senor.gif

I agree with you.
I like this one better:
A homophobe is pinned down under enemy machine gunner. A gay tank cmooander arrives in his tank. He radios that he is there to rescue the men.
I oppose the ban.
However:

I understand it would have "looked" and "felt" better coming from Congress or the POTUS or the DoD. But the judge is performing his legitimate function in ruling on the constitutionality of the law.

The only thing I regret about it is Congress and/or Obama not doing it sooner instead of ducking it and letting the courts take the heat from the screamers. Bad form, that.

I agree with that also.
Her "legitimate" function BTW, not that it matters.

I agree with you.
I like this one better:
I oppose the ban.
However:

I agree with that also.
Her "legitimate" function BTW, not that it matters.

:lol: Touche. Have to admit I haven't followed this one. Seemed like such a done deal what's the point?

Wait until homos serve openly and can declare their romantic intentions towards subordinates. Yeah, boy, that'll be fun for straight enlisted men. Just like it must have been fun for straight Catholic seminarians in gay-dominated seminaries.
They'll have to reinstitute the draft because servicemen and women will be leaving in droves as their enlistments are up. Homosexuals don't want tolerance. They want acceptance and power to do what they like. And we all know what that is.

Wait until homos serve openly and can declare their romantic intentions towards subordinates. Yeah, boy, that'll be fun for straight enlisted men. Just like it must have been fun for straight Catholic seminarians in gay-dominated seminaries.
They'll have to reinstitute the draft because servicemen and women will be leaving in droves as their enlistments are up. Homosexuals don't want tolerance. They want acceptance and power to do what they like. And we all know what that is.

You are not aware of the fraternization policy, I take it.

And what is it that homosexuals want that "we all know"? I didn't get that memo.

25 nations allow gays to serve openly, including the few allies we have. It's not like the idea is new or unproven.
What major war has any of these 25 nations been in that proves homos in the military is a good idea??? :doubt:

Well, those Israelis seem to have done a good job with their military.
Re-read what I posted; I said a major war.

Not just dropping cluster bombs on civilians trapped in Gaza. :doubt:

Unless you want to count Hezbollah's stomping the IDF's butt in Lebanon. :cool:

You are not aware of the fraternization policy, I take it.

And what is it that homosexuals want that "we all know"? I didn't get that memo.

Uh-oh, the retard squad is onto your double super secret evul plot for world domination! Gonna have to send out the black helicopters now. And maybe some Illuminati for backup.

What major war has any of these 25 nations been in that proves homos in the military is a good idea??? :doubt:

Well, those Israelis seem to have done a good job with their military.
Re-read what I posted; I said a major war.

Not just dropping cluster bombs on civilians trapped in Gaza. :doubt:

Unless you want to count Hezbollah's stomping the IDF's butt in Lebanon. :cool:

I would say that the Israelis consider their survival as a nation pretty major for them....and I am referring to their military since they became a nation....some rather major wars in there somewhere....wars they kicked some serious butt in too.

Forum List

Back