Federal Judge lifts DADT Monday

I would say that the Israelis consider their survival as a nation pretty major for them....and I am referring to their military since they became a nation....some rather major wars in there somewhere....wars they kicked some serious butt in too.
Those wars; 67 and the 6 Day War, didn't involve homos in the Israeli military.

Because Israel didn't start letting homos serve until the mid 1980's :doubt:

I would say that the Israelis consider their survival as a nation pretty major for them....and I am referring to their military since they became a nation....some rather major wars in there somewhere....wars they kicked some serious butt in too.

As far as you know. ;)

BTW...Israel is surrounded by countries that want them gone....considering how important it is to them, do you think they would/could risk weakening their military with gay soldiers if they thought it was detrimental?

Sunni, the early Vegas line is:
Israeli Homos are a 17 point favorite over the Muslim terrorists.
The pass rush is better for the Israelis on defense. The Muslim terrorists have a good offensive line.
The defense of the Israelis is very good.
The Muslims have a very good RUNNING game.

I agree with the lifting of the policy BUT disagree with a Federal Judge doing so.
I support open service of gays and lesbians in the military BUT this is an issue for Congress and the DOD. NOT an issue for a damn Federal Judge.
PERIOD.

constitutional rights are not up to a vote.

the court is exactly who needed to rule...

doesnt this ruling just revert the military back to the policy they had before DADT?

I agree with the lifting of the policy BUT disagree with a Federal Judge doing so.
I support open service of gays and lesbians in the military BUT this is an issue for Congress and the DOD. NOT an issue for a damn Federal Judge.
PERIOD.

Well, the plaintiffs were the Log Cabin Republicans, no one in the military.
So how does anyone other than the Log Cabin Republicans have a Constitutional argument in this case?

Bottom line is I support the repeal of this and believe they should be able to serve openly.

PERIOD.

So how does anyone other than the Log Cabin Republicans have a Constitutional argument in this case?

Bottom line is I support the repeal of this and believe they should be able to serve openly.

i'm not sure about who the parties were, so can't comment. nor have i seen the jurisdictional statement.

but if we agree on the result, then it's all good.

The pass rush is better for the Israelis on defense. The Muslim terrorists have a good offensive line.
Thanks for the play by play fantasy game. :eusa_angel:

Look, I support homos in the Israeli military.

I support and encourage open homosexuality throughout all Israeli society.

In fact, I would help out and even contribute money to the Gay Pride parades. :thup:

Last edited:

In fact, I support and encourage open homosexuality throughout all Israeli society.

I truely hope the whole nation becomes a fudge packers paradise!! :thup:

Why do Hamas and Hezbollah set up their military HQ in schools, hospitals and civilian areas?

In fact, I support and encourage open homosexuality throughout all Israeli society.

Why do Hamas and Hezbollah set up their military HQ in schools, hospitals and civilian areas?
How should I know? :confused:

Guess you'll just have to ask them thaat question. :cool:

simple
they want the schools to be hit and have dead children for propaganda purposes

PERIOD.
Do you know what the courts are for when it comes to matters of constitutionality?

Civilian courts do not dictate to the military. PERIOD

I think all branches of government will weigh in on DADT.

Its days are numbered regardless of who calls the shots

True but transition is key to anything military.
Especially in a war zone.

In the middle of a war:

John: Hey, Mike?

Mike: Yeah?

John: I'm gay

Mike: What? *drops his gun and runs out into the enemy's field of fire*

*everyone panics and forgets their training; the war is lost*

:rolleyes:

Drama queen

I agree with you.
I like this one better:
A homophobe is pinned down under enemy machine gunner. A gay tank cmooander arrives in his tank. He radios that he is there to rescue the men.
"Leave me here, you are gay" states the homophobe.
I oppose the ban.
However:
Do you want Federal Judges dictating military and foreign policy?

I understand it would have "looked" and "felt" better coming from Congress or the POTUS or the DoD. But the judge is performing his legitimate function in ruling on the constitutionality of the law.

The only thing I regret about it is Congress and/or Obama not doing it sooner instead of ducking it and letting the courts take the heat from the screamers. Bad form, that.

It's not the civilian court matter to address. Why do they have military law and military courts?

What major war has any of these 25 nations been in that proves homos in the military is a good idea??? :doubt:

Well, those Israelis seem to have done a good job with their military.
Re-read what I posted; I said a major war.

Not just dropping cluster bombs on civilians trapped in Gaza. :doubt:

Unless you want to count Hezbollah's stomping the IDF's butt in Lebanon. :cool:

:lol: RIGHT:lol: That will be the day

How come they never ask soldiers, not just the closeted gay ones, what they think? They're the ones who are going to be living with these 'mos 24/7. But what's outrageous is putting openly homosexual officers in charge of dozens of straight subordinates (read:powerless subordinates). Of course, we're supposed to believe that homos would NEVER even think of using their superior rank to demand sex from subordinates. Oh, no, perish the thought. I, for one, do not believe that for a second.

How come they never ask soldiers, not just the closeted gay ones, what they think? They're the ones who are going to be living with these 'mos 24/7. But what's outrageous is putting openly homosexual officers in charge of dozens of straight subordinates (read:powerless subordinates). Of course, we're supposed to believe that homos would NEVER even think of using their superior rank to demand sex from subordinates. Oh, no, perish the thought. I, for one, do not believe that for a second.

It doesn't matter what they think any more than it mattered when they were saying they wanted segregation.

why should we pander to people's fear and prejudice?

again, rights aren't subject to majority rule. in fact, they're supposed to be protected from majority rule.

PERIOD.

Fail.

Rachel Maddow interviewed the named plaintiff three days ago. And two days ago she interviewed two more active duty members effected by DADT,

Forum List

Back