Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

... Same thing with the sitcom Seinfeld. Those characters had such chemistry that no other sitcom can compare.

They did...I was also thinking of Andy Griffith...talk about Chemistry, I don't know if there has ever been any two characters that went together so well as Barney and Andy.

I've never watched Andy Griffith, but I know what you mean. :)

... Same thing with the sitcom Seinfeld. Those characters had such chemistry that no other sitcom can compare.

They did...I was also thinking of Andy Griffith...talk about Chemistry, I don't know if there has ever been any two characters that went together so well as Barney and Andy.

Really???
Holy Cow...I don't know if I have ever met anyone who has never seen The Andy Griffith Show ...that's like someone saying they have never ate french fries. :biggrin:

Really???
Holy Cow...I don't know if I have ever met anyone who has never seen The Andy Griffith Show ...that's like someone saying they have never ate french fries. :biggrin:

Well, I've heard of it. :dunno:

Really???

I've seen the show on TV but I've never sat and watched an episode. I don't have any urge to, either. :)

While this second wd is slower, part of the reason it seems so lacking is because everyone (myself included) is over analyzing everything.
First WD... no expectations, action, bonding,more killing, suriving together ect...
second WD...character walks in room has conversation...they SUCK, WHY did they say that, dont they know whats going on...kills walker...wth, they didnt kill it right.

half the problem is the audience.:laugh:

Last night's episode, big thumbs down. Boooring. Lol. I'm hoping that they are just setting the scene for something big to happen. :cool:

I don't like that guy Travis. He sucks so far. I don't like the junkie son either. He is untrustworthy. Anyone watching last night's episode, can clearly see why he cannot be trusted. Typical of a drug user. I wouldn't want him on "my team". I was thinking that him being taken away by the government is the best thing for the rest of the people. He will just bring everyone down.

While this second wd is slower, part of the reason it seems so lacking is because everyone (myself included) is over analyzing everything.
First WD... no expectations, action, bonding,more killing, suriving together ect...
second WD...character walks in room has conversation...they SUCK, WHY did they say that, dont they know whats going on...kills walker...wth, they didnt kill it right.

half the problem is the audience.:laugh:

No analyzing or expectations, etc., etc.? Obviously you didn't participate in the other TWD thread. Lol. :D

I find myself wishing they spent more time on the buildup to the zombie apocalypse. They jumped very quickly from normal to occupied town surrounded by the dead.

I didn't mind last night's episode. We're getting to see the breakdown of law and civilization, the many ways that people can be bastards in the face of disaster. :)

Last night's episode, big thumbs down. Boooring. Lol. I'm hoping that they are just setting the scene for something big to happen. :cool:

I don't like that guy Travis. He sucks so far. I don't like the junkie son either. He is untrustworthy. Anyone watching last night's episode, can clearly see why he cannot be trusted. Typical of a drug user. I wouldn't want him on "my team". I was thinking that him being taken away by the government is the best thing for the rest of the people. He will just bring everyone down.
Yep a show about zombies and not one zombie. No action, just another Hollywood liberal attack on the military. Why is it that liberal writers always want to portray our brave men and women as murders and rapists (yes that is what the over aggressive infantry scene was foreshadowing)!

This season might be a one and done for me. The writing has been horrible. It looks like they just killed off the one character to root for - Mr Salazar. The main family real sucks. Travis's liberal mentality is getting me. The junky son, wow stealing drugs from a dying man, wow. The daughter is hot, but is such an annoying character. The step son just plain sucks.

The critics seem to hate the show, I wonder if that has been reflected in the ratings.

Amazing. They had solid gold. A show with 10 million viewers willing to give it a try and even when it stumbled out the gates the viewers would be willing to if it a pass. All they needed was to add some walkers and some compelling characters. They seem to have failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep a show about zombies and not one zombie. No action, just another Hollywood liberal attack on the military. Why is it that liberal writers always want to portray our brave men and women as murders and rapists (yes that is what the over aggressive infantry scene was foreshadowing)!

This season might be a one and done for me. The writing has been horrible. It looks like they just killed off the one character to root for - Mr Salazar. The main family real sucks. Travis's liberal mentality is getting me. The junky son, wow stealing drugs from a dying man, wow. The daughter is hot, but is such an annoying character. The step son just plain sucks.

The critics seem to hate the show, I wonder if that has been reflected in the ratings.

Amazing. They had solid gold. A show with 10 million viewers willing to give it a try and even when it stumbled out the gates the viewers would be willing to if it a pass. All they needed was to add some walkers and some compelling characters. They seem to have failed.

The only part I liked was when the mom smacked the druggie son around a little. He totally deserved that, and I have been waiting for someone to smack that spoiled entitled little brat! :D

The only part I liked was when the mom smacked the druggie son around a little. He totally deserved that, and I have been waiting for someone to smack that spoiled entitled little brat! :D
I was thinking her character was getting better, but then she cut a hole in the fence. That is a bad idea when you have hordes of mindless man-eating zombies on the loose. And she goes to no man's land with out a weapons and doesn't even grab the gun she sees!

I was thinking her character was getting better, but then she cut a hole in the fence. That is a bad idea when you have hordes of mindless man-eating zombies on the loose. And she goes to no man's land with out a weapons and doesn't even grab the gun she sees!

Yeah, that was really dumb as hell. Lol. I thought that dead lady under the car was going to wake up and get her! :lol: Would have made it more exciting at least!

Yeah, that was really dumb as hell. Lol. I thought that dead lady under the car was going to wake up and get her! :lol: Would have made it more exciting at least!
At least if she woke up there would be a zombie in a zombie show

Let's hope they are building up to something big. They have to be! No way could they expect people to continue watching if they are going to be THIS lame.

Let's hope they are building up to something big. They have to be! No way could they expect people to continue watching if they are going to be THIS lame.

A great finale saved season 2 of the WD! Sometimes a great finale saves a season. God knows this one need it. Also weak characters can transform into great characters. Think of how far Carol, Glenn and Maggie have come. Daryl used to be the lovable asshole, but now he is by far the most level headed moral character in the group.

There have been zombies. Have you not actually watched the show?

I think the portrayal of the military is perfectly reasonable. There is a total breakdown of order going on. This isn't somehow saying the military is an evil institution, it is portraying the total collapse of society. I think it is about the various reactions people would have and in no way a commentary on the military. Of course there would be terrible things that would be done by segments of the military. They are just people like the rest of us and just as vulnerable to panic, overreaction, selfishness, etc. as anyone else. When trying to contain a global outbreak, trying to stop not only the end of the country but potentially the world, I am completely confident that at least some draconian measures would be put in place, and I am further confident that keeping that information from whatever of the public remained would be seen as a good option.

If you were just looking for The Walking Dead 2.0, same show with different characters, then yes, this is disappointing. I'm glad to see some of what went on during the zombie uprising, I actually wish they went deeper with it.

There have been zombies. Have you not actually watched the show?

I think the portrayal of the military is perfectly reasonable. There is a total breakdown of order going on. This isn't somehow saying the military is an evil institution, it is portraying the total collapse of society. I think it is about the various reactions people would have and in no way a commentary on the military. Of course there would be terrible things that would be done by segments of the military. They are just people like the rest of us and just as vulnerable to panic, overreaction, selfishness, etc. as anyone else. When trying to contain a global outbreak, trying to stop not only the end of the country but potentially the world, I am completely confident that at least some draconian measures would be put in place, and I am further confident that keeping that information from whatever of the public remained would be seen as a good option.

If you were just looking for The Walking Dead 2.0, same show with different characters, then yes, this is disappointing. I'm glad to see some of what went on during the zombie uprising, I actually wish they went deeper with it.

Not in the last episode. It was pretty boring to say the least, IMO. I don't mind some character development, but that is being done kind of poorly too, IMO. None of the characters are very likable. They all seem to have some very unlikable qualities, actually. Whether or not they did that on purpose, I can't say. I don't feel any sense of chemistry between any of these characters. IOW, their "relationships" are kind of unbelievable to me. They lack depth and communication. It just . . . kind of sucks, I hate to say. I started off being quite optimistic and wanting it to be a good show, but even when not comparing it to TWD, it is still kind of poorly done, IMO.

I watched it last night...I agree 100% with everybody on this episode. Once again the writing was lousy, the acting sub-par and the characterization absolutely sucks.
And I agree on the once again usual Hollywood portrayal of the military...just a bunch of sociopaths with automatic weapons.

1) Cutting a hole in a fence that protects you from mindless flesh eaters? yeah who is going to do that?
2) Leaving decomposing bodies laying around blocks away from the safe-zone? yeah

Travis is not a very likable character and he is weak...unless they completely rewrite this guy - how is he going to be the leader of anything? I guess he will offer sit down and make a deal with the zombies like we did with Iran.

I watched it last night...I agree 100% with everybody on this episode. Once again the writing was lousy, the acting sub-par and the characterization absolutely sucks.
And I agree on the once again usual Hollywood portrayal of the military...just a bunch of sociopaths with automatic weapons.

1) Cutting a hole in a fence that protects you from mindless flesh eaters? yeah who is going to do that?
2) Leaving decomposing bodies laying around blocks away from the safe-zone? yeah

Travis is not a very likable character and he is weak...unless they completely rewrite this guy - how is he going to be the leader of anything? I guess he will offer sit down and make a deal with the zombies like we did with Iran.

Blah! I know it! Hopefully this group shows some kind of spunk soon. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Forum List

Back