Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

There's no new episode on this Sunday. The show is watchable, at least.

No new show on Sunday??? Why not?

Probably a marketing decision. Labor Day weekend is a big travel/vacation weekend as summer winds down and before (many) schools open. People are away from their home base or have other activities planned which has a negative impact on viewership.

>>>>

Well, I'm pissed now! Lol. I was looking forward to that this Sunday.

Luckily for me (or perhaps not so lucky) I've got a backlog of things to watch I can view instead. :p

I can watch something else or do something else, but I really wanted to watch that on Sunday, dammit! :D The previews looked good.

I never watch previews of shows I like or know I'm going to watch. I hate having things ruined before I watch. :lol:

No new show on Sunday??? Why not?

Probably a marketing decision. Labor Day weekend is a big travel/vacation weekend as summer winds down and before (many) schools open. People are away from their home base or have other activities planned which has a negative impact on viewership.

>>>>

Well, I'm pissed now! Lol. I was looking forward to that this Sunday.

Luckily for me (or perhaps not so lucky) I've got a backlog of things to watch I can view instead. :p

I can watch something else or do something else, but I really wanted to watch that on Sunday, dammit! :D The previews looked good.

I never watch previews of shows I like or know I'm going to watch. I hate having things ruined before I watch. :lol:

Really? Doesn't ruin things for me. They only show little clips. They don't tell you what is going to happen or anything though.

AMC is playing the 2008 movie Doomsday, which is so much better designed, writen, produced.
They should have used Neil Marshall to write & direct an offshoot zombie series.
Even the music is cool & perfectly matched to the scenes.
Casting Malcolm McDowell as Kane in that movie shows they know how to cast their characters as well.

possum hides behind the couch...

... whenever Uncle Ferd watches it on TV...

... he don't want no walkin' dead people...

... munchin' on him.

Episode 3: It was a let down. They could have done something much better than they did with the riot scene. Where were all the Walkers during the riots? They ruined a golden opportunity in my mind and made it a very weak scene.

I finally found a decent character in Mr Salazar. The old man seems to get it. I like him. However he does seem like a mainstay character.

However there is not one other character I like. I can't stand Travis or Madison. Chris and Alycia are like Carl on steroids. However Carl was never as annoying. The junkie son is actually not that bad. This survival skills might come in handy.

I think they need to kill the family and start all over.

This episode wasn't as bad as the first one, but it was mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Episode 3: It was a let down. They could have done something much better than they did with the riot scene. Where were all the Walkers during the riots? They ruined a golden opportunity in my mind and made it a very weak scene.

I finally found a decent character in Mr Salazar. The old man seems to get it. I like him. However he does seem like a mainstay character.

However there is not one other character I like. I can't stand Travis or Madison. Chris and Alycia are like Carl on steroids. However Carl was never as annoying. The junkie son is actually not that bad. This survival skills might come in handy.

I find the junkie son annoying. Maybe because of his drug seeking and selfish behavior? Don't know, but he is a liability because of his drug addiction, period.

I like the blonde woman. She seems to be very observant and is realizing what is going on now . . . finally.

I don't like the father. He's a wimp and didn't even want that other man to teach his son how to properly load, handle and fire a weapon. He is going to NEED this skill in order to survive. Father is a douche. :D

I like the old bald man. He's cool and knows what's up. His wife is toast. His daughter . . . I haven't heard enough from her to really form an opinion one way or another, same with the ex-wife of Travis.

I don't really have much of an opinion yet on the daughter, Alicia. I think she seems pretty tough though. She has potential.

I find the junkie son annoying. Maybe because of his drug seeking and selfish behavior? Don't know, but he is a liability because of his drug addiction, period.

I like the blonde woman. She seems to be very observant and is realizing what is going on now . . . finally.

I don't like the father. He's a wimp and didn't even want that other man to teach his son how to properly load, handle and fire a weapon. He is going to NEED this skill in order to survive. Father is a douche. :D

I like the old bald man. He's cool and knows what's up. His wife is toast. His daughter . . . I haven't heard enough from her to really form an opinion one way or another, same with the ex-wife of Travis.

I don't really have much of an opinion yet on the daughter, Alicia. I think she seems pretty tough though. She has potential.
The junkie son (Nick) at least seems to get it. He has survival skills that I think will come in handy when he inevitably cleans up. Madison still annoyed me, but her going to bash in the zombie in the neighbor's head was impressive. I think you may be right that Alycia has potential, but still is a Carl at this point. Travis and Chris suck. The father son duel is the worst part of the show. The ex wife is toast, I think most can see that coming. Mr Salazar seems like he will last. His wife is toast and my bet is that she eats her daughter!

It looks like they might add a soldier or two to the group. I wonder if they show the inevitable clash between the military and a horde of Walkers!

The junkie son (Nick) at least seems to get it. He has survival skills that I think will come in handy when he inevitably cleans up. Madison still annoyed me, but her going to bash in the zombie in the neighbor's head was impressive. I think you may be right that Alycia has potential, but still is a Carl at this point. Travis and Chris suck. The father son duel is the worst part of the show. The ex wife is toast, I think most can see that coming. Mr Salazar seems like he will last. His wife is toast and my bet is that she eats her daughter!

It looks like they might add a soldier or two to the group. I wonder if they show the inevitable clash between the military and a horde of Walkers!

Ill watch it later. I dont mind hearing what happened. I thought Alicia had extreme potential from the get go. I never disliked Carl in the original WD. What was annoying was hearing Rick saying CARRRLL. He was a kid who slowly evolved into an accidental bad ass. Growing up in zombievill would have that effect.
I think Alicia will be like that and the junkie son.
...and the lights in LA go out. that in itself is pretty intense.

It's like some of you expected this show to be The Walking Dead 2.0. :lol:

Of course these people aren't showing proper zombie survival skills. They still don't really understand what's going on, certainly not what's going to happen.

No, this isn't as good as TWD. However, the idea that there should be more zombies, or the characters should all be badass survivalists, seems silly. This is about how regular people react to the beginnings of the zombie apocalypse. Considering how much of the world seems to end up dead in the original show, I'd say that most people would have reacted poorly. :p

Just finished watching Ep. 3. Getting a little better, I think.

I think that the father has just moved to the top of my "Please! Get bit!" list.
I mean, after seeing someone - whom he was fighting - take a shotgun blast to the face and not react, then saying stuff like "You know how I feel about guns" and "If there's even the smallest chance she could be helped" (regarding the neighbor zombie)... Sheesh.
I agree that the junkie son has a lot of potential. He seems to have a better grasp than anyone on the situation, and he'll probably do well if he doesn't get distracted by trying to score a hit.
Mr. Salazar seems to have a handle on things too, but I think that his past may be the reason for that.

To be honest, I can see Kirkman & Co. wiping everyone out at the end of the season, maybe continuing on with a character we have yet to meet.

Where were all the Walkers during the riots?
At this point, there's only a few. Don't worry - everyone that dies from here on out gets a chance to play for the other team, and the balance will change.:muahaha:

I think that the father has just moved to the top of my "Please! Get bit!" list.
I mean, after seeing someone - whom he was fighting - take a shotgun blast to the face and not react, then saying stuff like "You know how I feel about guns" and "If there's even the smallest chance she could be helped" (regarding the neighbor zombie)... Sheesh.
I agree that the junkie son has a lot of potential. He seems to have a better grasp than anyone on the situation, and he'll probably do well if he doesn't get distracted by trying to score a hit.
Mr. Salazar seems to have a handle on things too, but I think that his past may be the reason for that.

To be honest, I can see Kirkman & Co. wiping everyone out at the end of the season, maybe continuing on with a character we have yet to meet.

At this point, there's only a few. Don't worry - everyone that dies from here on out gets a chance to play for the other team, and the balance will change.:muahaha:
Half way through season one, so we can only hope.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:
The family core: Travis, Madison, Alycia, Chris and Nic.
More like alive then dead: Mr Salazar; the Fat Kid that just wanted his knife
More likely dead than alive: the Salazar daughter
Walker Food: Mrs Salazar; the Ex Wife

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

You may be right, however...
Since Kirkman & Co. really don't have a lot invested in character development and there aren't any real "mains", I can still see them doing a total "party wipe" with no survivors. Perhaps there'll be one survivor, to continue into Season 2, but I wouldn't put money on any of them at this point.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

Since Kirkman & Co. really don't have a lot invested in character development and there aren't any real "mains", I can still see them doing a total "party wipe" with no survivors. Perhaps there'll be one survivor, to continue into Season 2, but I wouldn't put money on any of them at this point.
What do you mean they have nothing invested the whole season is the focus on one family. As much as people hate this family, it would be a disaster for the series to kill them all off. That is never going to happen. The core family remains in tactic.

Travis and Chris don't have a Rick and Carl relationship, that is for sure. Lol. Carl was shooting a gun when he was like 10! :lol:

I think Nick understands better than most what is going on, but he is still a liability because of his drug addiction. That is just a fact. :dunno: It is difficult for drug addicts to clean up, especially under stressful times. Sadly, most junkies die from ODs or other complications related to drug abuse.

I think the Mom (Madison?) is starting to get it now too. The husband, Travis, needs to get tougher. He is still looking at these creatures as if they are humans.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

What do you mean they have nothing invested the whole season is the focus on one family. As much as people hate this family, it would be a disaster for the series to kill them all off. That is never going to happen. The core family remains in tactic.

Well geez! I don't hate them. Lol. I'm just trying to assess how well they will do against the coming apocalypse.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

Well geez! I don't hate them. Lol. I'm just trying to assess how well they will do against the coming apocalypse.
Sorry didn't mean to come off like a dick, but for them to kill off the whole family at this point and start over would probably sink the show. The entire first season is invested in them and for good or bad we are stuck with them.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

Sorry didn't mean to come off like a dick, but for them to kill off the whole family at this point and start over would probably sink the show. The entire first season is invested in them and for good or bad we are stuck with them.

Oh, I agree with that. That is highly doubtful.

Dead pool:
Foresure survives:

My hope is Mr Salazar seems like he has Herschel promise and the group adds one of the soldier who fills the Daryl role!

I do think we will see a show down between the army and a Walker horde!

My hope is Mr Salazar seems like he has Herschel promise and the group adds one of the soldier who fills the Daryl role!

I do think we will see a show down between the army and a Walker horde!

Obviously, the military isn't going to let them leave now.

I really thought Madison was going to bash that neighbor zombie lady's head with the hammer. She should have. Because of wimpy Travis, she didn't.

Forum List

Back