Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

>

So I got caught up last night...

Did anyone but me notice that in the episode "The Dog" when the El Salvidorian father shoots the walker in the with the shotgun loaded with birdshot that there was the sound of a pump-action shot gun ratcheting a shell into the chamber?

(It was an over-under shotgun.)

>>>>

>

Did anyone but me notice that in the episode "The Dog" when the El Salvidorian father shoots the walker in the with the shotgun loaded with birdshot that there was the sound of a pump-action shot gun ratcheting a shell into the chamber?

>>>>

I don't know enough about guns that I would have been aware of such things. :) The writers probably aren't either. Lol.

>

>>>>

Oh wow no I didn't...I do remember it was an over-under two shot...just another example of the sloppy writing. I know it is supposed to be the same people as TWD - I refuse to believe that, maybe one person in 20. And he is the coffee getter.

>

>>>>
I thought it was a BB gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I still kind of like the blonde lady. She knows what's going on, although her leaving the safety of the neighborhood to go off nosing around without even telling anyone was pretty dumb move. The husband, Travis, needs to have a "close encounter" with a zombie or zombies so that he can realize, no, these are not the people you once knew. In fact, they aren't "people" at all anymore and need to be killed immediately.

So, what do you guys think of the government taking the old woman with the broken leg and the druggie boy? Does the government have nefarious intent or not? Would you trust your government at a time like this, or would you prefer going it alone with a small group?

I think the druggie kid is going to escape custody ASAP. He is young and, although he is a drug addict, he isn't STUPID. Lol. He'll escape easily probably. The old woman is just done. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of her, TBH. I have no idea what is going to happen with her husband (the bald man). I imagine he is wily enough to figure out a way to escape too.

Well, I still kind of like the blonde lady. She knows what's going on, although her leaving the safety of the neighborhood to go off nosing around without even telling anyone was pretty dumb move. The husband, Travis, needs to have a "close encounter" with a zombie or zombies so that he can realize, no, these are not the people you once knew. In fact, they aren't "people" at all anymore and need to be killed immediately.

So, what do you guys think of the government taking the old woman with the broken leg and the druggie boy? Does the government have nefarious intent or not? Would you trust your government at a time like this, or would you prefer going it alone with a small group?

I think the druggie kid is going to escape custody ASAP. He is young and, although he is a drug addict, he isn't STUPID. Lol. He'll escape easily probably. The old woman is just done. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of her, TBH. I have no idea what is going to happen with her husband (the bald man). I imagine he is wily enough to figure out a way to escape too.

I think the gov,t is taking anyone who has a condition where there is even a small chance to die to a secured facility. The druggie was taken as a measure to prevent social unrest, which could be catastrophic in the circumstances.
I would do the same.
Having said that - this is Hollywood - so indeed they will paint the military as evil, vicious - mindless killers.

I think the gov,t is taking anyone who has a condition where there is even a small chance to die to a secured facility. The druggie was taken as a measure to prevent social unrest, which could be catastrophic in the circumstances.
I would do the same.
Having said that - this is Hollywood - so indeed they will paint the military as evil, vicious - mindless killers.

The government's biggest concern at a time like this would probably be stopping the spread of the disease. I think that involves killing people that they feel are infected and/or have been exposed to the infection. They might have also taken the druggie because someone like that would be more prone to any blood-borne diseases.

Personally, I don't know if I could trust my government. I'm already quite distrustful, and I think if some apocalyptic virus was out of control that I would probably feel even MORE distrustful. I would probably prefer to be with a small band of other citizens than to go along with what the government is telling me.

I would do the same.

The government's biggest concern at a time like this would probably be stopping the spread of the disease. I think that involves killing people that they feel are infected and/or have been exposed to the infection. They might have also taken the druggie because someone like that would be more prone to any blood-borne diseases.

Personally, I don't know if I could trust my government. I'm already quite distrustful, and I think if some apocalyptic virus was out of control that I would probably feel even MORE distrustful. I would probably prefer to be with a small band of other citizens than to go along with what the government is telling me.

True...governments should instinctively be mistrusted.

I have not watched the last episode yet but the barbershop owner is in the know along with his wife as if they escaped it before. I keep recalling the CDC guy from season 2? whispering to Rick? everyone is infected. In this show I am getting the vibe that there was knowledge of this like the CDC knowing certain viruses have been let loose in the air or water but do not disclose such things. By the way he is acting with showing how to use the gun and things he has said, the barbershop guy and his wife know.

The original WD completely left out how the gov intervened. Besides the city on fire scene and a few crashed helicopters...they always survived on their own.
This one is showing gov involvment. Is it a good thing? maybe. Travis is out jogging...he seems to think so. lol

Are they trying to contain it and isolate anyone sick or showing symptoms? Or are they rounding up people for whatever...( jaws music plays)
The worst scene was the mom beating on her son. Zombie apocalypse or not...no excuse. Shes a loose cannon. Cuts fence on her own to go investigate. In a way she reminds me of Andrea from wd1...Andrea made some stupid mistakes but at least she had a brain. ( the actresses looks alot alike also)
Im thinkin the drug addicted kid might come through( depending on the plot).
If this gov help isnt really help...and since hes taken only because he messed up ( his elevated BP or somthing?)...hes not really sick. He might be the one to reveal something and break out.

The lesson in all this is...in case of a zombie outbreak...head South. They do things the right way.

Big cities riot, beat up their own kids, then get controlled by the gov.
Stick with small town sheriffs, Christians on farms and rednecks.:dance:

Me too, and what an awful scene.
...least Morgan is back. Came out of his walker overload stage and came back. Just in time to watch Rick go through it. lol

The original WD completely left out how the gov intervened. Besides the city on fire scene and a few crashed helicopters...they always survived on their own.
This one is showing gov involvment. Is it a good thing? maybe. Travis is out jogging...he seems to think so. lol

Are they trying to contain it and isolate anyone sick or showing symptoms? Or are they rounding up people for whatever...( jaws music plays)
The worst scene was the mom beating on her son. Zombie apocalypse or not...no excuse. Shes a loose cannon. Cuts fence on her own to go investigate. In a way she reminds me of Andrea from wd1...Andrea made some stupid mistakes but at least she had a brain. ( the actresses looks alot alike also)
If this gov help isnt really help...and since hes taken only because he messed up ( his elevated BP or somthing?)...hes not really sick. He might be the one to reveal something and break out.

The lesson in all this is...in case of a zombie outbreak...head South. They do things the right way.

Actually, I really liked the scene with the mother hitting her kid. I thought it was one of the best of the show. I also felt very sympathetic to her reaction; he was stealing morphine from a seriously ill man. From what we've seen the mother has apparently been dealing with her son's drug addiction for years. With everything going on, all she went through trying to help him by getting oxy from the school, for him to lie about things and do what he did.....she should have hit him a bit more. :lol:

They certainly give the impression that taking the sick is for some nefarious purpose. We'll have to see if it is.

I believe the gov knows when they die they come back as zombies. So they are killing the sick and injured.

The junkie will escape, but the ex wife and Mr Salazar get smoked.

Keep in mind that this whole break out is taking place during the time that Rick is in the hospital from his line of duty coma. This takes place in Los Angeles and Rick is in Atlanta but if the government knows and is killing off all patients why did they leave Rick alone?

Keep in mind that this whole break out is taking place during the time that Rick is in the hospital from his line of duty coma. This takes place in Los Angeles and Rick is in Atlanta but if the government knows and is killing off all patients why did they leave Rick alone?

At this point I imagine there are large breakdowns in communication, questions about command and leadership structures, etc.. It's entirely possible that whoever is giving orders to kill off sick patients (assuming that is what's happening) is not in communication with the entire country, does not have enough authority to order it in other locations, or something along those lines.

I believe the gov knows when they die they come back as zombies. So they are killing the sick and injured.

That is what Madison thinks too, as she saw dead bodies of "regular" people who did not appear to be infected.

I hope you're wrong about Mr. Salazar. At least his character has some balls! :lol:

I hope you're wrong about Mr. Salazar. At least his character has some balls! :lol:
So far he is the only good character in the show, so I hope he lives also.

Actually, I really liked the scene with the mother hitting her kid. I thought it was one of the best of the show. I also felt very sympathetic to her reaction; he was stealing morphine from a seriously ill man. From what we've seen the mother has apparently been dealing with her son's drug addiction for years. With everything going on, all she went through trying to help him by getting oxy from the school, for him to lie about things and do what he did.....she should have hit him a bit more. :lol:

They certainly give the impression that taking the sick is for some nefarious purpose. We'll have to see if it is.

To each their own I guess. I understood her frustration..I just thought it was over the top cruel and the scene just looked stupid to me. Her character comes across like a confused mighty mouse. lol
I think Ive watched too many zombie flicks so ive come to expect the worst...the gov is always trying to contain something but ends up killing hords of innocent people. Maybe they will do somthing different with it this time. hope so.

Forum List

Back