Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

Okay folks I have been pretty hard on this show - however I agree with others in this thread - it is better.
Hopefully the first two shows was a bad start and the writing/acting will continue to improve.
The new Barber Shop Dad is a great addition to the show, he could be the "Darrell" of FTWD.
At any rate - I will still be watching and hoping the improvements continue.
Cheers

I was kind of bored watching this one. I like the barber shop dad too. Travis is kind of taking the same role Rick did at first...hes a leader but a fair one. He will soon learn, the dead arent great negotiators.

The best part was when Travis was taking out the trash and the neighbor and him looked at each other. Trying to keep a sense of normalcy but freaking out also.
...Hi "bob" just taking a dead walker out for weekly pick up.
lol, did he have the dead thing in there? Im not sure.
Ill watch it, but am patiently awaiting on the original.

Okay folks I have been pretty hard on this show - however I agree with others in this thread - it is better.
Hopefully the first two shows was a bad start and the writing/acting will continue to improve.
The new Barber Shop Dad is a great addition to the show, he could be the "Darrell" of FTWD.
Cheers
No Mr Salazar will be more of Herschel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was kind of bored watching this one. I like the barber shop dad too. Travis is kind of taking the same role Rick did at first...hes a leader but a fair one. He will soon learn, the dead arent great negotiators.

The best part was when Travis was taking out the trash and the neighbor and him looked at each other. Trying to keep a sense of normalcy but freaking out also.
Rick was a bad ass from the beginning. He smoked a zombified little girl. Travis would have pissed himself as the little girl ate him.

Rick was a bad ass from the beginning. He smoked a zombified little girl. Travis would have pissed himself as the little girl ate him.

Rick also had a background being a LEO. Rick feels perfectly comfortable using his weapon. Carl too.

Rick also had a background being a LEO. Rick feels perfectly comfortable using his weapon. Carl too.

I am guessing that having the characters be less survival-oriented is entirely intentional. This show is not about after the zombie apocalypse, where most of those still alive would have those survival skills. This is about before and during, and probably showing how some people who start off without the kinds of skills and mindset needed to survive develop them. And, of course, showing how some people without the right skills/mindset will end up dead. :D

I am guessing that having the characters be less survival-oriented is entirely intentional. This show is not about after the zombie apocalypse, where most of those still alive would have those survival skills. This is about before and during, and probably showing how some people who start off without the kinds of skills and mindset needed to survive develop them. And, of course, showing how some people without the right skills/mindset will end up dead. :D

Exactly. That is why I don't really find their actions (or lack of) to be all that surprising. A lot of them would be in denial too, especially to believe that people are dead and zombies! Lol!

Cheers

Wasn't Herschel more of a "Don't hurt them - maybe there'll be a cure" type, at least when Rick & Co. first arrived at the farm?
I don't know if Mr. Salazar really fits any of the TWD characters well, though you're probably right that he somewhat fits the later Herschel that had accepted the situation.

Cheers

Wasn't Herschel more of a "Don't hurt them - maybe there'll be a cure" type, at least when Rick & Co. first arrived at the farm?
I don't know if Mr. Salazar really fits any of the TWD characters well, though you're probably right that he somewhat fits the later Herschel that had accepted the situation.
I guess I should rephrase that, post farm Herschel.

You know what is missing from this show? Chemistry. None of these characters so far have any kind of chemistry between them. That's why the acting seems so obvious.
I disagree. I think you definitely see the family bond. The only one left out is Chris. The bigger problem is the lack of likable characters to root for!

You know what is missing from this show? Chemistry. None of these characters so far have any kind of chemistry between them. That's why the acting seems so obvious.
I disagree. I think you definitely see the family bond. The only one left out is Chris. The bigger problem is the lack of likable characters to root for!

Err . . . I'm not seeing that.

I disagree with your disagreement....:D

Like Chris, and it may be premature that only 3 episodes have went by, I don't really believe the characters gel with each other well.
Madison and...crap what's his name..the main character guy...they don't really go well together as a couple...lacks chemistry.
The sister and brother are distant with each other...the new characters brought in are completely different than the main characters in every way.
She is right - nobody really goes together.
For instance TWD...Shane and Rick partnership...Darrell and Carol, Andrea and Dale...Hershel and his family...the characters went well with each other...even if they were very different.

Like Chris, and it may be premature that only 3 episodes have went by, I don't really believe the characters gel with each other well.
Madison and...crap what's his name..the main character guy...they don't really go well together as a couple...lacks chemistry.
The sister and brother are distant with each other...the new characters brought in are completely different than the main characters in every way.
For instance TWD...Shane and Rick partnership...Darrell and Carol, Andrea and Dale...Hershel and his family...the characters went well with each other...even if they were very different.
While I think this show will survive, I think it will always be doomed to little brother status, because TWD and it's characters set such a high bar that it's next to impossible to reach!

While I think this show will survive, I think it will always be doomed to little brother status, because TWD and it's characters set such a high bar that it's next to impossible to reach!

I just don't think the characters have any chemistry with one another, even when not comparing it to TWD. Hopefully that improves with time.

True, he was a sheriff and already had those skills. I was more comparing him to Shane ( who might have been intent on keeping them safe but also totally reckless), and the gov.
When that girl turned around, she was obviously dead looking. Rick knew it,Travis might have tried counseling her.

True. TWD characters have some great chemistry together. That is hard to duplicate. Same thing with the sitcom Seinfeld. Those characters had such chemistry that no other sitcom can compare.

... Same thing with the sitcom Seinfeld. Those characters had such chemistry that no other sitcom can compare.

They did...I was also thinking of Andy Griffith...talk about Chemistry, I don't know if there has ever been any two characters that went together so well as Barney and Andy.

Forum List

Back